PDA

View Full Version : How To.............?

Civique
19-04-2006, 06:21 PM
How to remove the GLI sticker from my civic (not badge) i was thinking along the lines f boiling hot water and allot of hands on pealing :confused:

Civique
19-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Also... How to remove a stock head unit from my 99 Civic GLI without inflicting damage

zorrt
19-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Stick using hair dryer hot water etc etc something hot enought o melt the glue and start peeling. If you search "removing sticker" you'll find quite a few detailed thread.

As for headunit, www.installdr.com is your mate.

tRipitaka
19-04-2006, 06:39 PM
i just started peeling.. used nothing but my fingers..

just do it slowly though, or else the sticker will snap, and u'll have to start again

Zdster
19-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok - you have two seperate questions here (could probably each deserve a seperate thread, but nevermind).

Question one: there are a number of ways to do this, but try a hair dryer just to loosen the glue in one corner and slowly peel it away. If a corner is already up then all you need to do is give it a gentle tug or use some dental floss to get in behind it and lift it up. To remove the remaining glue/surface that is left use some goo remover or similar product (note that stuff really stinks and is toxic so be careful).

Question two: see the following link (http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/98civiccd.pdf). Let me know if you still have difficulties :thumbsup:.

^^Hey, you guys posted before me :p.

SiReal
19-04-2006, 06:52 PM
mang...dont be a pussy..hehe..jkjks...be a man, let ur fingernails grow for two weeks, then be gentle and slowly peel from a corner.

quangsta
19-04-2006, 07:01 PM
letting ur fingernails grow is manly??? i must be a girl then :confused:

Civique
19-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanxs PPLs should learn to use that search function before stating a thread...i jst like talkin... and i thought id jst kill 2 birds with one stone thats y the 2 questions (soz for tha cruel metaphor) The sites provided for the head unit are excellent!!! but has anybody ever used one?

Zdster
19-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanxs PPLs should learn to use that search function before stating a thread...i jst like talkin... and i thought id jst kill 2 birds with one stone thats y the 2 questions (soz for tha cruel metaphor) The sites provided for the head unit are excellent!!! but has anybody ever used one?

Used one? In what regard? The link that I posted is the Honda guide given to dealerships to install/take out headunits.

Civique
19-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Zdsters one is all kool, pretty simple but i was wondering if Zorrt or any1 else ever used one of those dr guides

Zdster
19-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Zdsters one is all kool, pretty simple but i was wondering if Zorrt or any1 else ever used one of those dr guides

They all use the same system/concept.

LaurenPenn
20-04-2006, 09:46 AM
you can buy this stuff from woolies (sorry forget the new of it so im not much help) you wipe it over the stickers, and hold it on there, press hard. than the stickers just slides/falls off, and you know when you take stickers off things it leaves that sticky stuff there, yeah well this stuff removes that stuff too :D lol

' . aimee.
20-04-2006, 10:02 PM
you could just peel off the sticker.
and then use nail polish remover to clean off the sticky bits.
then if you want, just wipe it down with a bit of water.

it works for me =)

panda[cRx]
20-04-2006, 10:53 PM
how to........... LABEL A THREAD CORRECTLY

"how to remove stickers?"