PDA

View Full Version : header problems

EKIV
26-04-2004, 02:55 AM
harlo all,
I just fitted a 4-1 header few days ago. and found that I lost lots of power from 3000rpm to 6000rpm..
simply ask a question .. whether 4-1 header is no good for drag ?
I have not tried out on track yet.. going to test it this week .

DynoDave
26-04-2004, 08:47 AM
harlo all,
I just fitted a 4-1 header few days ago. and found that I lost lots of power from 3000rpm to 6000rpm..
simply ask a question .. whether 4-1 header is no good for drag ?
I have not tried out on track yet.. going to test it this week .

You need to let everyone know what brand Header you fitted and what other mods you have before your question can be answered. And as I have posted many times the current 4-2-1 headers will out perform any 4-1 on the market in with an unmodified engine & nontuneable ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

SPEEDCORE
26-04-2004, 08:53 AM
You need to let everyone know what brand Header you fitted and what other mods you have before your question can be answered. And as I have posted many times the current 4-2-1 headers will out perform any 4-1 on the market in with an unmodified engine & nontuneable ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

I take it you are just refering to just the swapping of the headers and not the whole exhaust. What I am gathering you are saying that changine the header to another without the whole exhaust is futile on a stock engine.

DynoDave
26-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Regards Dyno Dave

I take it you are just refering to just the swapping of the headers and not the whole exhaust. What I am gathering you are saying that changine the header to another without the whole exhaust is futile on a stock engine.

Yes that is correct.
Regards Dyno Dave

VTEC16
26-04-2004, 10:34 AM
who gets a header without a cat-back?

SPEEDCORE
26-04-2004, 10:55 AM

Dude... you just never know with some people! ;)

type one
26-04-2004, 11:13 AM

I did.. but that's because i had no cash to do whole thing at once heheh..

you should change your respoinse to who gets header without cat back and EXPECTS a huge gain if any hehehehe....

:P

tanghy
26-04-2004, 11:45 AM
i had a 4-1 mated to hi flow cat mated to modified stock itr catback
gains all the way up the curve

whatever u got now, either sucks, or you have problem matching yr different components