PDA

View Full Version : lower tie bars

kiddoDC2
26-04-2004, 03:32 AM
was plannin on getting one of them to stiffen the ride up somewhat

i heard that you only need one for the car, either front or rear (and that the other one is jus a waste of money)

so question is for a FWD car should i get the front one or the rear one

SPEEDCORE
26-04-2004, 08:41 AM
More info on what you have done to your car suspension and chassis wise will help people here give you an answer on your question.

My advice is that if you are ready to put LABs on get front and rear.

bennjamin
26-04-2004, 09:29 AM
A lower-arm-bar or Tiebar is used ofcourse to further hold the suspension in union.

Its better to get a rear tiebar , but only in union with a rear strut brace and perhaps a larger and or thicker rear swaybar too...

this is to numb out a FWD's tendancy to understeer- bringing the handling to a more neutral if not slight oversteering nature.

kiddoDC2
26-04-2004, 10:02 AM
More info on what you have done to your car suspension and chassis wise will help people here give you an answer on your question.

My advice is that if you are ready to put LABs on get front and rear.

yup i've got a front tower and rear struat
so i guess i'll be going for the rear tie bar

dont have a sway bar yet, ye rekcen i should get that first beofre going for the rear tie?

a set of after market shocks and springs (probably konis yellow) would be the next thing i'll go for after these smaller additions

[[d a n n y]]
26-04-2004, 11:16 AM
sway bar first mate..

SPEEDCORE
26-04-2004, 12:18 PM
]]sway bar first mate..

:thumbsup:

bennjamin
26-04-2004, 12:23 PM
]]sway bar first mate..

:thumbsup:

If my assumption is correct , and your name is *kiddoDC2* - then your car already comes STOCK with a rear swaybar.

Research alittle more champ - but more along the lines of upgrading your rear swaybar size , and ofcourse re-inforcement to suit.

8)

TOYOL
26-04-2004, 12:25 PM
My whiteline tie bar is comming in today to add on to my whiteline rear swaybar, koni yellows and kg/mm springs. Will let you guys know how it goes.

wynode
26-04-2004, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't bother with a tie bar unless you are going for a full aftermarket rear sway bar setup with a rear bar bigger than say 18mm (to be safe).

Here's my setup:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34&highlight=real

-HTH

tanghy
26-04-2004, 01:06 PM
wyn, the tie bar works w/o having to get a rear sway bar.
but the proper step would be to get the sway then tie
or both together

will recommend the one pc type tie bar over the multi piece types

TOYOL
26-04-2004, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't bother with a tie bar unless you are going for a full aftermarket rear sway bar setup with a rear bar bigger than say 18mm (to be safe).

Here's my setup:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34&highlight=real

-HTH

Is that set up on a eg?

wynode
26-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Yup

TOYOL
26-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Hmmm even the mounts are different for the sway bar. My mount has only 3 bolts each side. I wonder if the tie bars are the same...
Did you fit them together? Or Sway bar then tie bar?

TOYOL
04-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Tie bar is in and feels feels great! It just some irritating noises at the back of the car which are driving me mad. Like creaking...

ginganggooly
04-05-2004, 12:01 PM
have you got progressive springs on at the rear?

with both my friends h&r's and my whiteline springs, the dead coils at the rear were coated in road grime and grit, after jacking up the car and cleaning the crap off, the squeaking noises went away.

genesis
04-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Don't get spoon front lower arm bar, as it hangs down really low

Taxi-R
08-05-2004, 05:09 PM
yeah i got noises...even with new eibach springs on! when u turn left into like a driveway, it's like movement of the spring or sth...it's not like a soft creak...it's like, CCRRREEEEAAAAKKKKK...even with stock springs on stock shox i got that!

euGeR
09-05-2004, 01:05 AM
most likely its your bushes creaking. Depending on the age of the car, you can have your mechanic spray them with a lubricant, or check for any loose bolts that are allowing excessive movement of the bushes.

Tofu
09-05-2004, 05:10 PM
for a FF
stiffer at the front = understeer
stiffer at the back = nutral to oversteer

but like everyone said, get sway bar first
there are what i got in order
i got spoon front/rear strut bar
whiteline rear 22mm sway bar
spoon rear tie bar
mugen sports suspension