PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06 Suspension

EK9_boi
20-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey guys,

Just want to ask if anyone knows HOW to access the front suspension in the 06 Civic? the strut towers are recessed behind the windscreen...so how do you replace the standard dampers with coilovers?

Also do you think anyone would develop a front strut tower brace for the 06 civic? I think with the way the towers are recessed it would likely be a "x" bar type brace, but that would cross over the engine which probably makes it illegal right?

hmm...hypotheticals, hypotheticals!

cheers

Jr
20-04-2006, 10:30 AM
You should be able to access the struts by removing the plastic under the front window :confused: hard to describe sorry. Dont know about strut bar i think the usa SI has a stock one that might fit but dont quote me on that :( Hope this is some help !

MKI4EVA
20-04-2006, 01:55 PM
The design of the front of the 06 is very rigid. Very short span from front struts to nose of car. But more importably the engine is now located much closer to the center points between the front strut towers.

I have no idea if this trait is the cause of such good turn-in response.

If you get stiffer springs it'll be pretty good.

I don't think they'll make a front strut for it.

EK9_boi
20-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Hmm I hope they make a cross bar type strut brace, trapezoidal suspension geometry would really improve turn-in I'd imagine.

MKI4EVA- Have you noticed any attachment points for a undercarriage front brace?

As for stiffer springs, I personally believe that if I get stiffer springs, they'll have to be accompanied by matched dampers to control the rebound otherwise the car would still be all over the place wouldn't it?

As for Coilovers, some have the added aesthetic advantage of height adjustability - rendering your car that nice "dumped" look while significantly improving your car's cornering capability through dampening and rebound adjustability - I hope TEIN makes something for the 06 soon!

anyway - few more days b4 I get my little green card back! Yay!

cheers