PDA

View Full Version : new clutch, friction point is still very high

Felix
20-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah so I got an Exedy Sports organic clutch and lightweight toda flywheel installed in my car yesterday. Now the friction point is very high up, as in if i'm driveing along and put my foot 2cm down onto the clutch pedal it completely engages the clutch. It was like this before I got the new clutch aswell. Could it be that there is a problem with my clutch master cylinder?
Also since it has been installed I notice that the leather boot around the shifter is heating up, is as though heat is coming up through it and into the cabin.. Today while driveing it was allmost too hot to touch. Could it be that the installer left something out? Or was it allways like this I just didnt notice it before?...

saya
20-04-2006, 05:46 PM
My gear stick/that general area also gets quite warm. I notice it after going for a decent drive (30 or so mins). Just hope someone can give us some insight :)

T-onedc2
20-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah so I got an Exedy Sports organic clutch and lightweight toda flywheel installed in my car yesterday. Now the friction point is very high up, as in if i'm driveing along and put my foot 2cm down onto the clutch pedal it completely engages the clutch. It was like this before I got the new clutch aswell. Could it be that there is a problem with my clutch master cylinder?
Also since it has been installed I notice that the leather boot around the shifter is heating up, is as though heat is coming up through it and into the cabin.. Today while driveing it was allmost too hot to touch. Could it be that the installer left something out? Or was it allways like this I just didnt notice it before?...
The clutch may be able to be adjusted, speak to your mechanic. The heat entering the cabin funnily enough is something I had last week after I had a new clutch installed, turns out one of the rubber boots on the gearshift somewhere near the firewall had come loose during the installation, although this part was not necessary to remove for access it was unknowingly disturbed in the process.
I found that while stationary there was no issue until I was travelling 70km/h+ it was enough to push the hot air into the cabin.
Hope this helps ;)

Felix
20-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I found that while stationary there was no issue until I was travelling 70km/h+ it was enough to push the hot air into the cabin.
Hope this helps ;)

thanks. Yeah it seems to push through more when travelling. I guess it can act as a good hand warmer in winter.

TODA AU
20-04-2006, 08:28 PM
How much free play is in your clutch pedal?

Felix
20-04-2006, 10:17 PM
How much free play is in your clutch pedal?

What do u mean by "free play"? Like I said when i put my foot on the clutch pedal I only have to push on the pedal for about 2cm then its through friction point...

booget
21-04-2006, 07:20 AM
could be air in the clutch fluid hose, i bleed my clutch after and it seemed to help.