PDA

View Full Version : Stock Or Hd???

OHHBBY
20-04-2006, 08:29 PM
i just recently blew my flywheel and have been driving it stuffed for a lil while, i have a hd exedy clutch and my flywheel was only machined...but now time to change, i still dun kno if my clutch is worne becauz i have been drivin it stuffed, would it be better for me to get another stock flywheel or should i get a hd one? wotever is better would any1 kno where to get 1 from URGENT/CHEAP lol ??? also a slave cylinder?

marte
21-04-2006, 08:24 PM
sounds like u abuse ur car quite abit, id recommmend the heavy duty clutch(sorry at work not concentrating). it takes alot more abuse then a standard one and it handles more power >> btw fly wheel is a plate thats pressed against ur clutch, u can get a fly made of differant material

sivic
21-04-2006, 09:00 PM
WTF?
you blew your flywheel or your clutch plate or your pressure plate?
you cant get "heavy duty" flywheels. you can have either your stock one or a lightened flywheel. if you "blew" your flywheel theres no way you could drive your car. it would be in pieces in the bottom of the bell housing and your car wouldnt be going anywhere.
it may be able to run with minor fractures, which would likely occur if you got your stock one machined thinner.
it sounds like its your clutch thats damaged if you can still drive.
either way if you get an aftermarket one make sure its chromoly steel and not aluminium. an after market one will not "handle more power" than a stock one. its not a component which is rated on its ability to handle power. thats what clutches are for.
search up on lightened flywheels and what they do:thumbsup: