PDA

View Full Version : 12V Wire

clikz
20-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi all I have been using a multimeter to test for a permanent source of power ie. 12V but have been unable on the stock wiring loom. (Its an EK1 btw).

I have been to www.installdr.com and cannot find the relevant coloured wire for my car (according to installdr it should be white with a blue/yellow stripe) but have connected all the other speaker wires, Ignition wire and Ground wire.

I have the power cable connecting my amp directly to the 12V battery and was wondering if it would be an issue if I "tapped" into this cable? i.e. would there be a problem with the inline fuse or the guage of the amp wiring?
Or should I find another source i.e. I was told about a 12V source near the fuse box?

Thanks for any help! Appreciate it! :cool:
Btw the previous deck had the same problem and it continutes to reset everytime the car turns on.

destrukshn
20-04-2006, 09:49 PM
surely it is there.
you just have to look harder.
or if that wire is screwed, then tap into you ignition harness.

aka_NSX
20-04-2006, 10:17 PM
u must have a blown fuse, please check under the bonnet and inside the car too, but i'm pretty sure its the one under the bonnet one is gone, coz if this fuse gone u wont have any 12V reading on ur multimeter.........

marte
20-04-2006, 10:51 PM
your fuse, check them in ur engine bay. sounds like you have a loose live wire? that could cause ur fuses to blow constantly .. could be ur power cable?

EuroDude
20-04-2006, 10:53 PM
What Deck is it? Does it get power when the car is off (keep the time)?
Maybe a fuse blew, or you need to get another brand deck, or the Deck wiring has not been wired correctly.

clikz
20-04-2006, 10:54 PM
ok thanks guys!
I just fixed it all up. It was a busted fuse in my engine bay which I never thought to check. So all done!

Cheers guys for the quick replies :thumbsup:

marte
21-04-2006, 12:18 AM
if it blows again check to see if theres a live wire hanging around. but sounds like heaven for now

clikz
21-04-2006, 11:16 AM
i might check around for a live wire anyway
Better safe than sorry!
Thanks marte :thumbsup: