PDA

View Full Version : stinger alarm problem (EK 96)

xcwizit
20-04-2006, 11:06 PM
iv got a stinger alarm system on my `96 EK, i think it came stock with the car.
problem is.. :(

BEFORE: the alarm LED used to flash on & off when the car is armed. And the siren used to make the chirp noise.

NOW: after i turn off the engine (from ACC to taking out the key) the alarm LED light comes on and stays on.
And when i arm / disarm the car.. the siren doesn't make the chirp noise no more!

Whats the problem and how can i fix it???
CHeers fellass!!!

EuroDude
20-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Take out the alarm module which should be under the dash, and check all the wiring and look for dry joints on the Alarm's PCB (Circuit board). You may just need to resolder the main connector.

Ru$kI
21-04-2006, 09:22 AM
When me and my m8 were installing my sound system and were fiddling round with the battery...we had numerous wierd things happen with the alarm / immobilizer. I suggest to reset the unit. To do this (this is from memory so some steps may be stupid/redundant but i found in general this worked for me)

1. pop your bonnet, locate the immobilizer / alarm box which on my EK is the upper left corner.

2. use the small key which you should've gotten with the car to disable the imobilizer by putting it in & turning it.

3. turn the immobilizer back on

4. start your car

now the immobilizer/alarm should be reset.

Not sure that this will help u out, but it doesnt hurt to try :)

Limbo
21-04-2006, 02:33 PM
could be the module. do you know anyone else with one you could try and plug in? if not might be time to get another alarm?

xcwizit
21-04-2006, 04:01 PM
When me and my m8 were installing my sound system and were fiddling round with the battery...we had numerous wierd things happen with the alarm / immobilizer. I suggest to reset the unit. To do this (this is from memory so some steps may be stupid/redundant but i found in general this worked for me)

1. pop your bonnet, locate the immobilizer / alarm box which on my EK is the upper left corner.

2. use the small key which you should've gotten with the car to disable the imobilizer by putting it in & turning it.

3. turn the immobilizer back on

4. start your car

now the immobilizer/alarm should be reset.

Not sure that this will help u out, but it doesnt hurt to try :)

Mine doesnt have an immobiliser though..!!

could be the module. do you know anyone else with one you could try and plug in? if not might be time to get another alarm?

How do i knw if its the module?? And no i dont know anyone else with a stinger alarm liek mine! ... i dont fink its time to get a new alarm just as yet..
But i do wnt to upgrade to a much better one for eg. VIPER pager alarm system/engine start..!!

EK4R
22-04-2006, 10:46 PM
mine dont seem to work either. its a laserline tho.
sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, and recently i think its just dead. i duno wether its the receiver or the transmitter.

how much would it cost to fix/checked in MELB ? or should i better be off buying new one. also i need to find a auto electrician, im located near city/flemmington. any1 know a close place near by?

xcwizit
24-04-2006, 11:21 AM
SORRY GUYS.. I FIXED THE PROBLEM..!!
I ACCIDENTLY PRESSED THE KILL SWITCH WHICH ACTIVATED THE VALET MODE .. :cool:

SO NOW ITS BACK TO NORMAL.. DONT NEED A NEW ALARM AFTER ALL.. HEHE
THANX FOR THE FEEDBACK NEWAY!!!!! :thumbsup: ;)

CTR Coupe
24-04-2006, 11:41 AM
problem soved thread locked :)