PDA

View Full Version : Turbokit for 04' civic vi

pipocai
21-04-2006, 03:15 AM
I have a 04' civic hatch vi the facelift version. cause its only a single cam vtec what do you reckon a engine transplant or a turbokit?
what engines can fit into the engine bay ?

crx88rb
21-04-2006, 09:32 AM
i know a lot of US guys bolt a turbos on to SOHC. but me thinks a DOHC with some running gear would be good. also if you did get a turbo would you just bolt it on and run it and low boost? or do some internal work so you can up up up the boost?

Zilli
21-04-2006, 10:26 AM
im not a turbo guy, but i think in this case it would be cool to slap one on... either that or put a k20 in.... type r replica

pipocai
21-04-2006, 02:23 PM
probably just a bolt on turbo kit
on the other hand wat engines can fit ?
k20 ? b18c?

crx88rb
21-04-2006, 07:30 PM
k20 would be nice :P

marte
21-04-2006, 07:43 PM
budget first? or u just curious

SiReal
21-04-2006, 07:48 PM
firstly decide which engines would 'logaically' fit into that engine bay. since its a newer version, then u may have a little more difficulty fitting in earlier model engines + its illegal.

So u online hvae the option of a really new K20 or K24 (that would be ****)

pipocai
22-04-2006, 04:04 PM
so u reckon a k20 would be able to fit? as for budget i was looking along to lines of abt 7-8k.... does anyone know how much it roughly costs?

_CiVIC_
22-04-2006, 04:09 PM
k20 should be fine for that price...

Q_ball
22-04-2006, 04:13 PM
most importantly u need to decide what you want to do with your car?? what do you want to achieve??
do want a car thats superior in a straight line, on a track?
budget as well!
7-8k, dun bother with k series transplants, its a lil too tite for theyre quite expensive still.
b18, more feasible.
a hi powered turbo civic can also be produced with 8k running 6-8psi on stock internals :)
it all comes down to wat u want.

siba
22-04-2006, 04:17 PM
go to www.perfectrun.com.au cheap stuff you just have to convert yen to aus dollar

z3lda
22-04-2006, 04:41 PM
most importantly u need to decide what you want to do with your car?? what do you want to achieve??
do want a car thats superior in a straight line, on a track?
budget as well!
7-8k, dun bother with k series transplants, its a lil too tite for theyre quite expensive still.
b18, more feasible.
a hi powered turbo civic can also be produced with 8k running 6-8psi on stock internals :)
it all comes down to wat u want.

any b-series is illegal in a 2004 civic

Q_ball
22-04-2006, 05:37 PM
any b-series is illegal in a 2004 civic
Really?
I wasn't aware of that...can u explain why?
Has it got something to do with the engine being older than the chasis?

z3lda
22-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Really?
I wasn't aware of that...can u explain why?
Has it got something to do with the engine being older than the chasis?

answered your own questoin.

what a smart little boy you are. *squeeze cheeks* :o

Q_ball
22-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I love you zelda!

pipocai
22-04-2006, 06:44 PM
lets say for track ... i dun mind forking out more wat would be the price range for a k20 transplant?

Q_ball
22-04-2006, 07:03 PM
1/2 cuts are around 10-12k??
Not 100% sure, rough figure there

h17am
23-04-2006, 03:07 AM
as one that has researched this option for awhile... budget for more than $15000. Firstly, it won't be an easy swap for the Vi. As you may know, the K20A and the D17A spins in opposing directions. So everything in your engine bay now, needs to be replaced with CTR items. And I mean everything, from your measly battery, fuse holder, abs, etc etc etc. So that leaves you with the only option of getting a CTR halfcut. Once you get the halfcut, you'll need to transplant everything in it to your Vi. Including the axles, hubs, uprights, etc, because the CTR knuckles won't fit into your stock hubs n uprights. So probably you'd have 5 studs front brakes with 4 studs rear brakes. Unless you get the rear cradle as well, which you can, if you wish, transplant it on as well. Before doing all that, you'd better be sure the mechanic knows what he's doing.

Ever tried finding a CTR halfcut? All I can say is good luck with it. Once you find a halfcut, expect to pay around 15K or more plus shipping. Maybe you'll find one at a cheaper price (I have) but it'll be missing some parts. Which then you'll have to source at additional costs.

Thinking of keeping the D17A now? Too bad it's too weak...

z3lda
23-04-2006, 11:28 AM
as one that has researched this option for awhile... budget for more than $15000. Firstly, it won't be an easy swap for the Vi. As you may know, the K20A and the D17A spins in opposing directions. So everything in your engine bay now, needs to be replaced with CTR items. And I mean everything, from your measly battery, fuse holder, abs, etc etc etc. So that leaves you with the only option of getting a CTR halfcut. Once you get the halfcut, you'll need to transplant everything in it to your Vi. Including the axles, hubs, uprights, etc, because the CTR knuckles won't fit into your stock hubs n uprights. So probably you'd have 5 studs front brakes with 4 studs rear brakes. Unless you get the rear cradle as well, which you can, if you wish, transplant it on as well. Before doing all that, you'd better be sure the mechanic knows what he's doing.

Ever tried finding a CTR halfcut? All I can say is good luck with it. Once you find a halfcut, expect to pay around 15K or more plus shipping. Maybe you'll find one at a cheaper price (I have) but it'll be missing some parts. Which then you'll have to source at additional costs.

Thinking of keeping the D17A now? Too bad it's too weak...

reading hot4's doesnt classify as research. :rolleyes:

there are other cars other then the CTR that has a k20.

the other car that has a k20 is easier to source.

pipocai
23-04-2006, 01:35 PM
meaning i cant get it off a itr?
if its really gonna costs that much hassle and money i reckon turbo is the way to go?

z3lda
23-04-2006, 02:16 PM
h17am is drunk. dont listen to him

just buy the turbo kit.

turbo kit = less money and more power.

h17am
23-04-2006, 03:54 PM
thank you zelda, you make ozhonda such a better place. In fact you are so smart, that you know how i got my information, hot4s is the holy grail of info isnt it? And you must be psychic to know that I'm drunk. IMO, you should open up one of those tarot readings over the phone in NEW IDEA or WOMEN's DAY. Perhaps that way more people will find out how knowledgable you are with turbos. What every Honda is designed for. How about this Zelda, click the thumbnail below, and choose which one is DC5 and which one is EP3, without using google that is... although you do have your psychic powers to rely on.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7355/51jl.th.jpg (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51jl.jpg)

Pipocai, whether or not you want to listen to a drunk man that gets his info from hot4s is up to you. You can transplant a K20A from a DC5 into your Vi, but it will be harder as most of the stuff that you need is in the EP3 and not in the DC5. If you are still interested in doing the EP3 conversion, then I can give you a few contacts that I know to source you an EP3 Halfcut. If you don't want and stick to your turbos that's also fine with me. I know it's hard to resist the advice of such a knowledgable person like Zelda, who knows that there are other cars with K20 other than the CTR. It's amazing how much he knows isn't it? Pity he didn't share his vast knowledge on putting in a K20 inside a Vi. I guess you'd just have to call him when he gets his Tarot Reading on Women's Day..

z3lda
23-04-2006, 05:15 PM
do u own a turbo honda mr fast and furious? or how about a engine converted honda?

dont beleive everything the internet tells you. ...

h17am
23-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Actually I did own a turbo honda and now am in the process of changing my Vi D17A engine to a K20A. Do you have one Mr I know everything there is to know about Hondas?

dont think your psychic powers are the greatest...