PDA

View Full Version : air fuel ratio gauge problem!

dudeling7
21-04-2006, 10:37 AM
hey guys ive just installed an ar fuel ratio gauge, but when i turn he car on the led's dont move, it only stays on one position?? do you know why? have i wired it incorrectly? thanks! i have hooked the signal to the ecu wire, grounded it and also connected it to the power cable running to heaunit to power on.

incoming
21-04-2006, 10:52 AM
i'd make sure u have the signal wire (is it purple) to the correct wire from the ecu

dudeling7
21-04-2006, 11:10 AM
ive got that connected to the right one im pretty sure, but ill doubler check
i used this to installas a guide http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=670

Mattski_VTIR
21-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I would double check that you tapped into the correct wire. Remember that the o2 sensor needs to warm up (around 300 degrees from memory) before it will function correctly, (doesn't take long). I'm not entirely sure of the volts range of an o2 sensor, but u can check with a multi meter.. it should fluctuate depending on rpm and throttle input.

dudeling7
21-04-2006, 11:21 AM
has anyone installed one of these....i tapped into the white wire with red stripe....but it could be differet to facelift integras. anyone know where i can get an ecu pinout?

destrukshn
21-04-2006, 11:31 AM
you can also get it straight from the o2 sensor.

Mattski_VTIR
21-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I have installed several, but i have always gone directly from the sensor. What exactly does the gauge do? Do all your LED light up at once, or just one? have u driven the car once it has warmed up? I orginally noticed mine didn't move unitll it heated up. Then it would bounce around and sit in the green (rich) at WOT

dudeling7
21-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the help guys

problem was that i was using OBD1 ecu pinout but my caris OBD2 ecu....do i connected it to th wrong signal, but its all orking great now!

JUst 1 question, whn u let you foot off te gas do all the leds go out coz ur not using fuel etc then when u get back on it starts bouncing round again. yes at WOT it stays at rich.

Mattski_VTIR
21-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Glad to hear you got it all working mate, as for the lights, sounds like its working just fine.

saxman
21-04-2006, 02:42 PM
What exactly does the gauge do?

on a car with the stock 02 sensor, they light up all pretty and provide absolutely no useful information.

oh, that's not what you meant

string
21-04-2006, 07:00 PM
on a car with the stock 02 sensor, they light up all pretty and provide absolutely no useful information.

oh, that's not what you meant
Infact, it probably fair to say that they are useless when connected to anything.

It's $75 that you should have put towards a wideband. Or if you don't have a turbo, lunch for the next two weeks :D

simbadda54
22-04-2006, 01:37 PM
That was a $150 autometer one with a $40 guage holder. Looks cool tho i must admit.

Cruise Kev :D

LVNIT
23-04-2006, 08:49 PM
JUst 1 question, whn u let you foot off te gas do all the leds go out coz ur not using fuel etc then when u get back on it starts bouncing round again. yes at WOT it stays at rich.

Thats normal ;)

dsp26
02-05-2006, 10:05 AM
dno why ppl buy/install these without a wideband or at least getting their car tuned at a shop in closed loop. its the most useless device. it will just annoy you as it keeps moving back and forth coz the narrow band sensors only receive a 0 or 1 volt signal regardless how rich lean you actually are.

you can get widebands cheap from the wreckers off hyundai excels and someone told me one of the earlier civic models. though i don't know how the ecu will react to the wider voltage range 0-5volts.

RMN15N
04-05-2006, 02:13 AM
The digital air/fuel gauge looks really, really cool, especially at night. As it turns out, that's about all it does. The thing is bouncing around all the time, either at full rich or full lean. This would make sense if we'd stopped to think about it, because your typical oxygen sensor is nothing but an on/off switch that activates and deactivates really quickly. But hey. It looks cool, and it will provide a warning for a very serious problem or a dead O2 sensor.

:cool: