PDA

View Full Version : Street cams.

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey Guys sorry to make another post about Cams but i couldn't find what i was after last night.

Just wondering what Cam suits me and my driving best.

Here are my choices:

Toda B's
CTR cams
Crower, street(or the equivelent of the the above)

Now the cams are going into a b16a and i dont intend on going wild on NA mods, just usual Intake and exhaust mods... possibly get the head port/polished when i replace the cams.

The car's used for daily driving and a bit of fun in the twisties and on track days. So i'm after something thats not going to require too much work to implement, ie i dont want to be having to upgrade injectors or my intake manifold or anything else major.

Out of the above... or if you know of more suitable... which would suit my aplication best???

Thanks for your time guys.

Nick

type one
26-04-2004, 05:46 PM
CTR cams... bfyb cheapest with uprated valve springs...

SPEEDCORE
26-04-2004, 06:42 PM
By the sounds of it dude you are not wanting to open the sucker up and up the compression, just the usual external bolt on mods......

CTR cams are your wisest choice for the factors that you have given us.

Good luck with your choice!
SPEEDY!

[[d a n n y]]
26-04-2004, 07:18 PM
i saw crowner cams for 395 a pair mate

VTEC16
26-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Toda B's
CTR cams
Crower, street(or the equivelent of the the above)

You should have Toda A's on there instead of the B's.

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 07:56 PM
I thought toda A's were less aggresive than CTR cams.

VTEC16
26-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Toda A's are more agressive.

CAM GUIDE (http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=2055374&page= 0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

wynode
26-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Yupp........

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1582#1582

and here (Read TODA AU's posts):

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1985&start=0&postdays=0&postorder= asc&highlight=cams

And even better......TODA vs CTR Cams in this thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3797&postdays=0&postorder=asc&high light=cams&start=0

Might wanna do a search next time.......there's been a few topics on this.

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I did a search but got 950 results and gave up.

wynode
26-04-2004, 09:28 PM
I did a search but got 950 results and gave up.Need a few lessons in searching ;)

But those links should be all you need pretty much. Gluck!

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Now i'm lost... need more time to get used to each power increase... I dont wanna spend a grand on cams then decide later on i want more power, especially since toda's are all the same.

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your help guys... at least now when i do a search for the info I'll know to look for my Username :P

Apreciate your input guys.

pgclee
26-04-2004, 09:49 PM
you need alot of money if you want to go for todaB..wat bout ECU, valve springs and valve Retainers?...port and polish and skimming?...Aftermarker Head Gasket?...fuel Reg?...fuel pump?...those are just as important...Try to think mate...Toda Parts are not as cheap as you thought...better think before regreting....but if you are into it...better go TODA Aus, they will give you great advice...

VTEC16
26-04-2004, 10:55 PM
...ohh and this thread should be in the 'all motor' section ;)

SIKCVC
26-04-2004, 10:58 PM
you need alot of money if you want to go for todaB..wat bout ECU, valve springs and valve Retainers?...port and polish and skimming?...Aftermarker Head Gasket?...fuel Reg?...fuel pump?...those are just as important...Try to think mate...Toda Parts are not as cheap as you thought...better think before regreting....but if you are into it...better go TODA Aus, they will give you great advice...

Hence the reason why i really want to wait before making the decision now... if i decide that much powers not worth it then the CTR or toda A's will probs do me.

2ds
27-04-2004, 08:33 AM
go for the b's I reckon, that way you have somethign to build on.

-2ds

type one
27-04-2004, 09:47 AM
what about skunk2 cams?? do some research on those... not as expensive as their japanese counterparts and you can wildly modify your car for half the cost but not half the quality :)

Plus you can have the first wildly modified street tuned Skunk2 car in Aust :)

[iVTEC]
27-04-2004, 08:18 PM
i reckon you should go for b's as well... this cause you have a very nice torque curve and still a better top end than A's.... A's hhas a marginal difference in the vtec lob when compared to ctr cams... so save your money and go toda... with toda as well... you can play alot with the timing via the cam sprocket...