PDA

View Full Version : Standard headunit question

.::F[L]Y::.
21-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I will be taking out my alpine headunit this weekend and cant seem to find the plug for the oem headunit. Just wondering where i would be able to find such a thing? Also just wanted to know if the oem headunit had any pin codes that needed to be entered for it to work?

Cheers

AusS2000
21-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Y::.']I will be taking out my alpine headunit this weekend and cant seem to find the plug for the oem headunit. Just wondering where i would be able to find such a thing? Also just wanted to know if the oem headunit had any pin codes that needed to be entered for it to work?

Usually the aftermarket harnesses use an adaptor that the stock plug connects to. You might find that your plug has been there all along.

Not sure about yours, but my OEM wasn't security coded.

ECU-MAN
21-04-2006, 08:49 PM
what year is yourz FLY

22-04-2006, 12:58 AM
what year is yourz FLY

99 model :)

NEED VTEC
22-04-2006, 08:36 AM
it may or may not have a code, depends on the dealer it was purchased from or if the previous owner put it on..if the dealer had set a code its usually on a card with the owners manual

phil

22-04-2006, 06:06 PM
bought the plug and installed the headunit...

now got another problem. Doesnt seem to want to detect the CD stacker? i press on the button and nothing comes up?? (yes i did connect it all up). :(

blusir2
30-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Y::.']bought the plug and installed the headunit...

now got another problem. Doesnt seem to want to detect the CD stacker? i press on the button and nothing comes up?? (yes i did connect it all up). :(

u sure the stacker is grounded properly...

spanks
30-05-2006, 11:36 PM
it may or may not have a code, depends on the dealer it was purchased from or if the previous owner put it on..if the dealer had set a code its usually on a card with the owners manual

phil

The dealers have nothing to do with the codes..they all come from ALPINE,KENWOOD etc..they then download them to Honda Australia..So Honda actually has nothing to do with security codes

AusS2000
31-05-2006, 07:55 AM
You sure the stacker is connected? It's a separate plug on the back of the head unit.