PDA

View Full Version : strange surging.... and the cure!

08ESE
21-04-2006, 07:13 PM
My jazz developed a kangaroo jump like surge at walking speed. like someone hopping on and off the throttle. It popped and farted every now and then on gentle acceleration, and seemed to lack power. I tried injector cleaner, ultra premium fuel, and nothing worked...

Just as i was about to take it to honda for an inspection ( being out of warranty ) i decided to leave the battery terminal off over night, the next morn, put the terminal back on, and kablammo! no more problems....

Now will all jazz's do this? and when u take em back, they disconnect the terminal and tell people they needed something else more expensive?????

very suss!

lokets
22-04-2006, 12:09 AM
My 2 cents reply:

1. Faulty EGR, intermittent problem - just drive for a few days & see if problem comes back. My Jazz's EGR is good when engine is cold, then plays up when warm, and as of late has been misbehaving like crazy. Only reason I could not fix it is because local service center is fully booked - until next week.

2. Faulty ECU/PCM memory - the big online manual the folks here are raving about talks about this being a possible reason for shuddering drive. Your battery removal clears out the settings.

Remember, if the ECU/PCM is cleared (battery removed), you need to recalibrate the CVT (if you have CVT). The procedure is in the online manual. Though I tried it myself but not quite get the same results.