PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light not working

all_motor_baby
21-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey sup guys i've got an EG sedan and just wanted to know WHY THE HELL MY FUEL LIGHT INDICATOR DOESNT WORK!!! I know i was running low on fuel but didnt know just how low :confused: lol, it didnt even light up to show i had no gas do any of my fellow EG 4dr's have the same problem, i always wondered if the fuel indicator even worked now i know its just there for show can anyone help me fix plllzzz :D.

regards Jace

EuroDude
21-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Soundz like a faulty bulb. There are a few screws in the cluster assembly, take them out and slide the cluster assy out. Replace the bad bulb.

CRXer
21-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Light takes about 5 mins to register if you were stop/start driving.
If this was not the case, easiest thing to do first is pull cluster out(dont be scared,only about 8 screws) and check the indicator globe.Check for continuity with a multi,or put 12v(fused preferably) across it and see if it lights up,or if you know your fuel is still low,replace it with one you know that works such as door open,etc,to see if that works.Low fuel about <8 ltrs i think.
If not the light,if you have easy access to fuel sender unit located in tank(usually access panel on top),disconnect 3 pin plug & place jumper wire between black wire & same colour wire that goes to your globe(trace circuit on back of cluster from globe to plug to identify) & see if it lights up.This checks wiring between globe and sender(in case somebodys been fidling & broken something).
If still nothing you will have to get the sender serviced,dont recommend DIY,fumes and sparks dont mix!

all_motor_baby
22-04-2006, 10:23 AM
thnx guys :D