PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Type R Antenna problem

gitsumhnnnr
23-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with my antenna. After I turn off the ignition, the antenna is suppose to retract, but on occasions, the antenna doesn't go down.

When I get out and look at the antenna and tap on the base where the antenna retracts into, then it goes down.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

CRXer
23-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Take nut on top of antenna off and remove spacer and make sure it is clean.
the main problem could be that the top antenna nut is too tight,maybe just back that off a little and test.Repeat if necessary

yourfather
25-04-2006, 12:16 PM
If that doesnt work, I have my old DC2 VTi-R antenna sitting in my drawer doing nothing.

I'll sell it to you for 15 bucks plus shipping.

CRXer is right tho

gitsumhnnnr
14-05-2006, 12:13 PM
How do you take the top nut off?

I've tried just unscrewing it, but it just keeping twisting and doesn't come off. Do I have to use some force to pop it off the top?

TRU32U
14-05-2006, 01:25 PM
if it makes tapping noises when its tryin to go down the teeth inside is worn out...
common problem with every car.
to take off the nut its the silver thingo on the outside where the antenna goes down that chromie stuff usually its on heaps tight so use a multi grip plier and cloath and grip it... righty tighty lefty loosey...:)

CRXer
14-05-2006, 01:34 PM
r u turning just the silver nut with slots or whole spacer which sits on body,it should be just the silver nut with slots.
Also if this dont work,remove interior trim & make sure antenna housing isnt spinning as well this should be clamped at the bottom & not turning while u remove nut.
Has the antenna been replaced previously,that u know of,as ive heard that there are 2 types & if you mix and match(nuts and housings that is,not whole antenna set up) this can cause probs as well.Something to do with seals in the top i think,not matching & causing stickyness.
Also make sure the sloped spacers that match up to the bodywork are sitting correctly for smooth operation & weatherproofing,if your housing was spinning this could have misaligned these.

zorrt
14-05-2006, 02:24 PM
It does come off. Just keep unscrewing and after a while it will pop right off. No force needed to pull it out.

spardikis
14-05-2006, 04:03 PM
they all do it

.::F[L]Y::.
14-05-2006, 10:03 PM
jus replace the whole thing with an s2000 antenna....

gitsumhnnnr
15-05-2006, 10:04 PM
I can't quite seem to grip the antenna nut. I had a look at the service manual and it talks about using the antenna nut wrench (07JAA-001000C).

anyone got one of these they can lend to me? :)

spardikis
15-05-2006, 10:09 PM
dont mean to be a kill joy, but taking a nut off an arial should be one of the easiest diy's out.

try use the propper metric spanner, or get a good grip with some pollygrips/goose necks. shouldnt be that hard hey - dont even bother trying to find the proper 'honda' tool, waste of time imo.

if it wont budge use some inox or wd40 on the thread. and slightly tapping around the top of the nut should help looosen it.
surely its not that hard??? :p lol

CRXer
15-05-2006, 10:33 PM
never seen the nut personally,but i think its round with slots in the top,not hexagonal.try a pair of long nose pliers vertically with a tip in each slot,ive done that b4.but if its really tight get a cloth and some vice grips,just dont slip & damage the paint work espec with the long nose