PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy Honda

Arowana
24-04-2006, 01:20 PM
hi, im looking for a car next month. other then name of car i dont know much about others, i've been searching and try to learn from forums especially this one because its a honda. lol. Please help me answer some questions, its not that im lazy go find it myself, but its that i did and couldn't find any, please direct me to the right direction.

Im looking for a prelude, *ECU-MAN EDIT, we dont promote drag racing on the street here.* , what kind of specification do i look for?..what is 2156cc?? is more cc = more faster?

and what is tiptronic?...many peeps use this term, and i couln't figure out what it means.

Arowana
24-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry im a newbie.

oh this is another newbie question, civic vtir vs prelude vtir, which faster?

vtec>turbo
24-04-2006, 03:10 PM
2156cc is the engine capacity. Bigger capacity is not necessarily faster, the H22A(2156cc) engine is faster/makes more power than the H23(2300approx). Vti-r Prelude's have H22A's.

Tiptronic is the semi-auto gearbox in some 5th Gen Preludes.

Civic v Prelude I'm guessing would be pretty even in a straight line, Civic has better potential as a track car, would have better handling.

Go to www.preludeaustralia.com.au

Arowana
24-04-2006, 06:40 PM
oh, thanks. oh, and is it true that cars with bigger capacity consume more petrols? this always have been my theory since i heard about cars..just need some1 to confirm it.
heheeh..petrol arn't cheap these days ;)

Tarks
24-04-2006, 08:39 PM
try reading thru the forums abit more mate...
civic vtir vs prelude vtir, str8 line the lude will win, but around the twisties/track, the civic has an advantage of being much lighter and better handling.

also, tiptronic is simple, its auto but u have th choice to switch into tiptronic mode which just means you shift up and down by taping the gearstick up or down, no clutch involved.

if you wanna know more about preludes, sign up to the prelude forum mentioned above and do alot of searching, everything u need to know is there.

dc2dc2dc2
24-04-2006, 08:41 PM
are u 15 or something ?

SiR JDM
24-04-2006, 08:54 PM
14 :p jk

Moobed to the n00b forum