PDA

View Full Version : some with with noise

floopy
25-04-2006, 12:26 PM
sup pplz

my problem is that when i accelerate i get a wheezing noise in the rear speakers.

now b4 i get flamed i HAVE done a search and have had some answers answered!
e.g. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29714&highlight=noise

im guessing the problem is likely to be a grounding or RCA issue, and having talked to a mate he reckons its my head unit blowing the RCA fuse (being a pioneer)

so my question is, (im on a budget) whats the cheapest way to fix this problem!? also bear in mind im a noob when it comes to cars

thanks guys

ICACHA
25-04-2006, 01:27 PM
if its the unit get it repaired.

if its the amp get it repaired

if its the rca's get then changed

no easy fix, you have to one by one find out where the noise is coming from, so if you got another pioneer head unit plug that in (if the same plug) if not get any head unit you can and wire it in and see if the noise is still there, if noise is gone with other unit then its your pioneer, if still there then look elsewhere.

if your not up to the task then pay a store to look at it for you.

marte
25-04-2006, 08:33 PM
what are you speakers connected to.. the headunit or an amp? and are your rca cables and power cables seperated and not running along side each other.
the problem occurs only when your accelerating right? check ground wires..

floopy
26-04-2006, 02:20 PM
what are you speakers connected to.. the headunit or an amp? and are your rca cables and power cables seperated and not running along side each other.
the problem occurs only when your accelerating right? check ground wires..

hmm im not 100% sure what is connected to what, so i'll tell you what i know

head unit has 2 pairs of RCA's and it controls the spilts and rears (rear are where the sound is comming from (yes i know its not the speaker itself))

got one 4 channel amp powering the rears and sub
and the other 4 channel which is bridged to power the splits.

not sure abt the power and rca cables running together i'll check that out. and yes the heard the noise when accelerating, or basically when its in gear or if the back speakers are on.

but thanks for your help so far guys

euro69
26-04-2006, 06:15 PM
its most likely to be the RCA. if u saperate the RCA away from the power cable and all the cables that run along the car, u will find the problem will go away.
so u need to run them again and run the RCA on the side where there is no wires and power on the other. if that doesnt work then its the head unit or amp is stuff. but its normally the RCA

nugget666
26-04-2006, 06:36 PM
When did this noise happen and how long has your stereo been installed for?

did you do it yourself?

If your rca is on your power cable. Get whoever installed it to do it again.

marte
26-04-2006, 06:45 PM
he doesnt know yet. till then elt's play the waiting game

floopy
26-04-2006, 07:35 PM
euro69 its most likely to be the RCA. if u saperate the RCA away from the power cable and all the cables that run along the car, u will find the problem will go away.
so u need to run them again and run the RCA on the side where there is no wires and power on the other. if that doesnt work then its the head unit or amp is stuff. but its normally the RCA

hmm so u dont think its the fuse in the headunit?

nugget666 When did this noise happen and how long has your stereo been installed for?

did you do it yourself?

If your rca is on your power cable. Get whoever installed it to do it again.

noise happened as soon as the guy installed it. i've arranged for the guy to come check it out this sat

but as for the rca and power cables... where abts do i look for em? is at teh back of the head unit? or can i see it from the boot where the amps are?

thanks again guys

euro69
26-04-2006, 07:37 PM
this has happened to me in my pervious cars heaps of time.
and everytime its been the RCA problem

marte
26-04-2006, 07:37 PM
pretty much the power cables gonna come from your battery in ur engine bay and through your car to the amp.
your rca cables should not be run together with the power cable (think red cbale running through your car)
if u can follow it from your head unit then try that if not follow it from your amp.
wouldnt be the fuse from the head unit.

also like i said in my first post have you checked your ground wires?

EuroDude
26-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Plenty of info regarding amp noise here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/I-recsc999/go.asp?u=http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/reviews/20030805/amplifier_noise.html

nugget666
26-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Just follw your redwire and the rca wire commonly blue.

and if there runing together thats your problem they should be ran opposite sides of hte car.

hmm so u dont think its the fuse in the headunit?

noise happened as soon as the guy installed it. i've arranged for the guy to come check it out this sat

but as for the rca and power cables... where abts do i look for em? is at teh back of the head unit? or can i see it from the boot where the amps are?

thanks again guys

floopy
26-04-2006, 08:18 PM
cheers fellas and eurodude, good link but im too much of a noob to use it lol.

EuroDude
26-04-2006, 10:49 PM
look at the back of the amp, the thick red cable is the power cable running to the battery, and the two RCA cables (you know what RCA plugs are right?) should be running back to the Head Unit the opposite side of the power cable.

If they are both running along the same side then you may get engine noise thru the system.

RCA cables (usually blue ones)
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock_image/rca_lead.jpg

ICACHA
26-04-2006, 11:08 PM
If they are both running along the same side then you will get engine noise thru the system.

Not necessarily, it isnt fact, there are a lot of cars which you dont get noise in running all cables together. :)

EuroDude
27-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah it depends on the car and the audio equipment, but its the first thing to check if there is noise :)

My civic had major noise, moving the RCA's to the right side (PowerCable on the left) fixed it.

stanleym
27-04-2006, 09:24 AM
i had this issue a while ago turned out to be headunit..... i spent 180 o rca cables didn't end up eing problem but improved soud anyway.......

i changed groundig cable etc at back of headunit worked betta......upon making changes headunit died lol rca output terminals given huge feedback so fuse inside i would say went

new headunit whirring noise very slightly present

trial error is all ican say

Xplodin
27-04-2006, 10:21 AM
floopy,

what headunit are you running? I had this problem not long ago and i got really shitty, but anyways i sent it off to pioneer and got it repaired. Happend to be the internal fuse was blown on the rca. get it checked out.

floopy
27-04-2006, 12:03 PM
floopy,

what headunit are you running? I had this problem not long ago and i got really shitty, but anyways i sent it off to pioneer and got it repaired. Happend to be the internal fuse was blown on the rca. get it checked out.

got a pioneeer too, and the mate i asked (involved with sound systems of some sort) reckons its the same problem u mentioned

how long did the whole process take for you to send it to pioneer? and did ti cost much?

Xplodin
28-04-2006, 07:49 AM
well your in melb right? Didnt take that long at all. They are located on Princes Highway just before springvale road. you cant miss it, its on the left hand side headding towards dandy. It took about 5 days. so not long at all. i couldnt stand my car with out music so i just hooked up my ipod LOL

ICACHA
28-04-2006, 07:54 PM
give them a call floopy and find out the waiting period :)

that will teach people to short the RCA's to ground while the head unit is powered :wave:

floopy
29-04-2006, 10:50 AM
well your in melb right? Didnt take that long at all. They are located on Princes Highway just before springvale road. you cant miss it, its on the left hand side headding towards dandy. It took about 5 days. so not long at all. i couldnt stand my car with out music so i just hooked up my ipod LOL

oh hey thats not tooo bad. but yea 5 days without music suck ass....

that will teach people to short the RCA's to ground while the head unit is powered :wave:

yea i reckon man, and i paid someone to instlal it for me too... worst!

Xplodin
29-04-2006, 11:57 AM

Yeah i did the install myself, but, i would never have the headunit on with live RCA's. But i guess it happened so i paid for it :(

ICACHA
29-04-2006, 07:19 PM
pioneer seem to be the only ones from what im aware that have a fuse on the rca's, ive never had an issue with pioneer (until it gets old :p) but yeah its good practice to not remove or plug in rca's while the head unit is switched on :)