PDA

View Full Version : DIY Interior Painting

EKCivic96
25-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to know the correct steps to be taken when painting the interior of my 1996 Honda Civic, such as center consol etc. Also the right paint and so on.

Cheers

marte
25-04-2006, 09:28 PM
at work so havnt got the exact details just incase no hepls u otherwise .
you'll neeed two types of sand paper ; wet and dry ; rough and fine
spray paint
primer
gloss

sand(wet and dry sand paper)
then primer & then sand it till its smoothe like a babies bottom
spray it(which ever spray paint / colour u wanted)

and finally
gloss(enamel)to make it nice and shiney

thats how i did mine.
im gonna redo it soon, but yeah, how much coats of primer & spray & gloss you do is up to you.

some people get away with just sand and spray.
the end product is how much you put in.
ill re write tihs and get more specific "ingrediants" for you when im home

[ricer]
25-04-2006, 09:33 PM
go to supercheap auto
buy plastic and vinyl spray paint
go home
take ur plastic off
spray like crazy
wait a bit
put it back together
rice rice baby

FLiP86
25-04-2006, 11:05 PM
yeah totally plastic n vinyl spray paint i jst did chingalings whole interior today (well finished it today) painted it black....looks shmik!!! but dont forget to clean b4 painting i jst used metho but there other stuff u can use....

also if it's glossy sand paper it and u can use undercoat but if not jst put craploads of layers of paint on it....works a treat

myztery
15-11-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah totally plastic n vinyl spray paint i jst did chingalings whole interior today (well finished it today) painted it black....looks shmik!!! but dont forget to clean b4 painting i jst used metho but there other stuff u can use....

also if it's glossy sand paper it and u can use undercoat but if not jst put craploads of layers of paint on it....works a treat

what about if you spray it and it just keeps sucking the paint up??? and going to the original colour.

me5t1za
16-11-2008, 09:06 AM
i was contemplating doing this but does anyone have trouble with the paint cracking after say a few months or so?

Shitscared
17-11-2008, 06:53 PM
i was contemplating doing this but does anyone have trouble with the paint cracking after say a few months or so?

If you do light coats it shouldn't crack, unless the dash itself cracks.