PDA

View Full Version : Funny sound coming from clutch/gearbox...

DomenEK
25-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I have this funny clicking/winding sort of sound (I don't know how else to describe it short of recording the actual sound and posting it here) that I'm assuming is coming from the clutch, but could be from the gearbox. It's mainly noticeable in 1st, and doesn't happen everytime I'm in first.

Usually I'll take off and all sounds normal and fine, but then it gets all harsh and loud, the sound is definately coming from the clutch/gearbox somewhere. I notice that it doesn't happen when I take off quick, only when accelerating slowly, and when slowing down in 1st, or driving slowly in 1st.

Is my clutch on it's way out, or do I need to change the transmission fluid?

fabz
25-04-2006, 11:05 PM
i have the same noise. its the most annoying noise ever. Its making my car sound lik sh1t. when it doesnt happen i love the sound of my car:( Ive taken to mechanic and they couldnt hear it it went away lol i got told it may be the thrust bearing or something

jaffa_cree
26-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I have this funny clicking/winding sort of sound (I don't know how else to describe it short of recording the actual sound and posting it here) that I'm assuming is coming from the clutch, but could be from the gearbox. It's mainly noticeable in 1st, and doesn't happen everytime I'm in first.

Usually I'll take off and all sounds normal and fine, but then it gets all harsh and loud, the sound is definately coming from the clutch/gearbox somewhere. I notice that it doesn't happen when I take off quick, only when accelerating slowly, and when slowing down in 1st, or driving slowly in 1st.

Is my clutch on it's way out, or do I need to change the transmission fluid?

Where is the sound coming from?
Can you try point out the location of the sound.

nugget666
26-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Good it be the clutch bearing or what ever its call.

From holding hte clutch into long like at lights and it wheres out hte bearing?

i know its a common problem in lancers.

DomenEK
26-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Where is the sound coming from?
Can you try point out the location of the sound.

...I'm assuming is coming from the clutch, but could be from the gearbox.

Can't tell you much more than that - it's kinda hard to try and find out exactly where it is coming from when I'm driving.