PDA

View Full Version : cr-v wiring code

spoondc2r
26-04-2006, 01:49 PM
does anyone know of the wiring code for the headunit off a 2002 cr-v?

marte
26-04-2006, 04:16 PM
try installdr.com

Slow96GSR
26-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Might be more then you need but it's late and I don't feel like editing, mods have at it!

HONDA CR-V 2000

Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 White/Black Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness (Heat/AC)
Tach Blue 24 Pin Connector above Fuse panel
Neutral Safety Wire Gray (-) Gear Position Switch
Brake Switch Green/White Brake Switch
Trunk Release Yellow/White (+) Switch
Trunk Pin Blue/Black (-) 22 Pin Factory Alarm Connector behind Driver's Kick
Parking Lights Red/Black (+) Green Connector above Fuse Panel
Head Lamp Red/White (+) Fuse Panel Red/Blue High Beam
Factory Disarm Yellow Driver's Kick Panel this is Ignition. for Alarm use Relay
Door Trigger Light Green/Red (-) Gray Molex Driver's Kick or Alarm Connector
Door Lock Green/White (-) 22 Pin Factory Alarm Connector Driver's Kick
Door Unlock Green/Orange (-) Must use Relays
Driver's Lock Blue Left Kick Panel
Driver's Unlock White/Red Left Kick Panel
Passenger Unlock Yellow/Red Left Kick Panel
Horn Wire Gray/Silver (-) 22 Pin Factory Alarm Connector Driver's Kick
Windows Up LF=Red/Blue, RF=Blue/Yellow, LR=Green/Yellow, RR=Yellow
Windows Down LF=Red/Yellow, RF=Blue/Orange, LR=Green, RR=Yellow/Green
Constant 12V+ White/Blue
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red
Ground Black
Illumination Red/Black
Dimmer Red
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue
Left Front (-) Gray/Black
Right Front (+) Red/Green
Right Front (-) Brown/Black
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Gray/White
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Brown/White
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness or Use Hot Side of Brake
Switched 12V+ Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ground Use Chassis Near Cruise Control Module
Hot Side of Brake n/a Brake Switch
Cold Side of Brake Green/White Brake Switch
Tach Blue 24 Pin Connector above Fuse panel
VSS Lead n/a
Pulses Per Mile 4000 PPM
Notes: Vehicles with Manual Transmission require Clutch Switch. Some vehicles may require a speed signal generator and/or other parts/adapters not listed above. Rostra® Cruise module switch settings may differ if you use a speed signal generator or magnets and a pick up coil.

ICACHA
26-04-2006, 08:21 PM
not always the same colours i might add :p

Slow96GSR
28-04-2006, 02:19 PM
not always the same colours i might add :p

What do you mean? My list is straight from Honda and is as correct as Honda makes them. Getting ones from people that they made can be tricky since they might have tapped the right circuit but wrong wire. Like before a switch or after a switch, you have to make sure you know what one you need. I know some people that use the wrong one and still come out with the result they were looking for.

ICACHA
28-04-2006, 07:47 PM
what i mean is that the colours change, i know ive been fitting for over 17 years now and am a honda owner as are my parents :)

to have colours is one thing, to have a plug with location is another, to have brains to know what your doing, well thats on another level. think they call that level "professional installers who do it for a living" :p

Slow96GSR
28-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Join the club, MECP master certified for 3 years now, not just a motorsports guy! I've seen a lot of wierd stuff come in and most of the problem vehicals have come form other shops, big chains that don't care, just get the car in, the part installed and out the door... if it works for 1 second after it leaves good enough! All about the money. I hate that, gives us all bad names. So it doesn't leave until I am satisfied it will last forever.

Yes colors change but this is a printed manual just done this year so if there is a color that is wrong it's because Honda changed it after Jan 06 or Aus cars have different color codes. I get new manuals every year and sometimes updates on them throughout the year. Also I have AllData and that comes with updates all the time. If you want I can have a CRV at my shop in 20 min and torn down to get the colors right out of the car. It's 6:10 am so might be a little longer but you get the idea!!

ICACHA
28-04-2006, 10:35 PM
slow96GSR, you on Eddie Runner's internet mailing list of installers?

Slow96GSR
28-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Wasn't but I am now. I try not to join too many since I don't have a lot of "free" time to read emails. As you can tell I'm on here at 7AM here and on my breaks! Ya like I get breaks! But yes I looked the forums over and it look like a good little, for now, community. I have seen his work but not too much. I don't really pay too much attention to what a lot of people do. I like to try and keep my ideas original and not be like, "That's a cool install, I'm going to do that next!" even though it does happen from time to time when an install looks like someone else’s. I love his Ham setup, look like a friends basement, but neater! If you want to message me, I have my AIM and MSN on 99% of the time, and Yahoo is on every once in a while, it’s only off when the computer is off and AIM goes to my phone when I turn that on. AIM is SIRWIN176 and SIRWIN176s and MSN is SIRWIN21@msn.com and that’s my email too. Yahoo is SIRWIN176@yahoo.com. Go a head and use those people! That’s what they are there for!

bigdongers
29-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Man if only this question was posted a few months ago just before I sold my 02 CRV. I had to pull out my Clarion stereo and could have told you what each of the colours was for.

Its not hard to work out with a multimeter though. All the speaker wires pairs are the same colour with a different coloured stripe.

ICACHA
29-04-2006, 07:28 PM
im already on eddie's list, i find some things of value, but usa being different to aust so not all apply to us, audio is interesting with the OEM upgrades thou.

(yes guys this is an installer thing we're talking about :) not available to general public)

the remove start is what is most frequent on there, we dont have the issue of snow here for remote starts nor are they legal to install whether being auto or manual transmission.

one day i will move back to Toronto (mrs from there) as i love the place and its very similar to Sydney :)

Slow96GSR
30-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Ya and the crime rate is way lower then the U.S., but I like owning the guns I have and being able to drive a moded car on the streets. Canada is just a little too overly concerned about an aftermarket muffler, even a quieter one! So I just garage her and lock the doors and all is good. As for the R.S. and stuff we get a lot of that too. Mostly we put in the adapter so all they have to do is install the alarm and they can use the stock remote start or some of the stock alarm parts. If they get a good alarm we just pull the old on out and put the newer one in and it all goes good.

Here in Colorado the R.S. is the popular thing, cold winters. We don't install R.S. on manuals, and it's ill eagle too, just automatics. I know shops that don't follow the laws and then they get in trouble from the car owners because the car runs thru a wall or hits another car because they leave it in gear! HAHA suckers! Next time they might follow the rules and help keep insurance low!

...Yes guys this is an installer thing we're talking about :) not available to general public...
It is if they know where to look and how to sign up.