PDA

View Full Version : HID problem

forensics
26-04-2006, 09:44 PM
i recently installed a set of HID xenon lighting onto my civic...

i did it myself to save, and the problem is occasionally only one head light will turn on... either that or none of em turn on

i have to turn it off and on a few times before it gets started

im thinking it might be a problem with the wiring, i put a fuse into it but was was thinking i could take it out since the headlight itself is already connected to a fuse in the fuse box?

im gonna rip it all apart tomorrow to double check the wiring, but im pretty sure its the extra fuse i put in.. what do you guys reckon?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/technically/DSC00163.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/technically/DSC00168.jpg

fatboyz39
26-04-2006, 09:53 PM
the extra fuse wouldn't cause the problem you described.

Seems like you didn't hook them up right. Are the HID plug and play? cause i installed one in a mates car, i had the postive and negative on the wrong way around and it nearly blew the bulb. It didn't turn on after that.

ATSE
26-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Most likely a grounding issue. What locations are the ballasts installed? Are they bolted down touching the chassis?

forensics
26-04-2006, 10:48 PM
i connected it to the adapter thats suppose to go to the normal headlight

so i have the power, and negative running to it, the plug has 3 holes..

i left one of the holes empty

forensics
26-04-2006, 10:54 PM
just checked the car and it seems to be working

reckon i should get rid of the extra fuses? dont really think its doing anything

also, its only a 6k brightness and its pointed downwards at its lowest setting and im still getting people high beaming me!

edies
26-04-2006, 11:03 PM
try 10k bulbs not adjusted, their aiming too high
scared to drive with them on at nite
so i switch to highbeam, which is just as high

need to get it adjusted really soon lol

forensics
26-04-2006, 11:16 PM
ed? its arthur.. LOL

vic was telling me about your HIDs! hahaha

edies
26-04-2006, 11:31 PM
lol i noe its u, i was browsing through the pics and saw ur car
yeah man, my cars a driving flood light
only got high beamed once
the guy did a good job of installing my HIDs
under the airbox and on the side next to the power steerin container
show u tmrws

[[d a n n y]]
27-04-2006, 01:42 AM
well most of the times HID's to this cuz there is not much power feeding into the bulbs
when they first start up they use quite a but if voltage even though the car is still on.
id suggest rerouting the wires/ briding the wires.
my gtr had the same problem. it blinks on and off lol

forensics
27-04-2006, 01:46 AM
]']well most of the times HID's to this cuz there is not much power feeding into the bulbs
when they first start up they use quite a but if voltage even though the car is still on.
id suggest rerouting the wires/ briding the wires.
my gtr had the same problem. it blinks on and off lol

umm.. what did you mean by that?

do you mean finding another power supply from it? say straight from the battery?

Xplodin
27-04-2006, 08:54 AM
i'll tell you wat would make it easier, is for you to draw up and diagram of how you've wired up your hid's and then we'll beable to help :D

nedgeworth
27-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I had the same issue with mine. Turned out too be a bad ground and one of the ballast itself actually contacting the chassis. Fixed those two up and haven't had a problem for a week so far :P

bubblecivic
27-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I had the exact problem and turns out the ballast was faulty. Returned it to the supplier and he gave a replacement. Worked nicely after that!

forensics
27-04-2006, 08:22 PM
rewired it with new earths.. works perfectly now

thanks for the help guys, ill take a photo of it when i find my daym camera

forensics
27-04-2006, 10:14 PM
lol, i think i bought the wrong set of bulbs...

when i was overseas i had the choice of a 2 bulb, and a single bulb one. but since my standard ones had only one, i bought the single one

now i dont have high beams! hahahaa anyone know if the single bulb one can be used as high beams? or am i just screwed?

jamchen
27-04-2006, 11:05 PM
it assume its H4 spec HID? when purchase there should be two type of H4 HIDs... one with high beam and one with out... gernerally the one with high beam will cost a bit more than the one without...
what u can do now is buy an replacement H4 hid bulb and make sure this time it has hi/lo beams...

forensics
27-04-2006, 11:16 PM
screw that:p , i bought the HID kit cheap when i was at china...

i think the replacement bulbs will cost more then what i payed for it hehe

check the first page, i posted some pics but yeah.. no tripod so it looks a bit blurry

ap
27-04-2006, 11:40 PM
how long did it take u to wire it all up arf?
mine had the exact same problem as urs had to turn it off then back on to work sometimes.
now my lights are busted and new ones costs like 200 bucks lol

rewire it to standard for me please!

forensics
27-04-2006, 11:48 PM
bring it over when your free... just leave your car at my place, but if some of your mods somehow all turn to standard, it has nothing to do with me! heehehe

edies
28-04-2006, 03:20 AM
thanks to arthur my HIDs are aimin lower
but man their still high or it just could be my bulbs ;)

oi ap.. wats the go wif ur airbox msn me