PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Brake Pads?

Astro
27-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi guys,
Just want to know if anyone have had the opportunity to have experienced these pads:
1. EBC Green
2. EBC Red
3. Ferodo DS2500
4. Ferodo DS3000 Race

if so, what were your thoughts about the item...

Im thinking of getting one of the above pads next time im out racing (i just want to get a bit more serious with racing)

thanks

BlitZ
27-04-2006, 10:58 AM
appareently the
EBC Red are made of similiar compound to the Ferodo DS2500...

EBC greens are just a street pad and claim to work up to 650 degrees( from website)

from memory ferodo ds3000 and ebc yellow are recommended with use with slotted/drilled rotors only...

price wise (somehting like that for DC2R) : -
EBC green - 170
EBC red : - 220
DS2500 - 240
ds3000 - dont know

upgrade paul and ill inherit your green stuff again akkakaka...

EGB18CT
27-04-2006, 10:59 AM
i have heard form some place i rang up a few weeks ago that EBC greens will no longer be made and they will offer the reds as a replacement which are a lot more harsh to the rotor and not suitable for street, but good for racing. SO you may have trouble sourcing some...

aaronng
27-04-2006, 12:07 PM
EBC reds stop by biting the rotor. DS2500 stop by adhering to the rotor. Here's a brake forum that I like to read and a DBA rep is there answering too. Also, the ultimate effectiveness of the pads at the limit also depends on the brake disc material.

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36

Note that their discussion is about track performance. On the street, most of the pads are enough. But on the track, the advantages and disadvantages are more apparent. That's why they give EBC green and red the thumbsdown and prefer DS2500.

BlitZ
27-04-2006, 12:13 PM
i have heard form some place i rang up a few weeks ago that EBC greens will no longer be made and they will offer the reds as a replacement which are a lot more harsh to the rotor and not suitable for street, but good for racing. SO you may have trouble sourcing some...

yeah ive heard the same.. but i did manage to get a set of ebc green stuff last week... proababaly older stock

Astro
27-04-2006, 12:28 PM
yeah i have been doing some research and the Ferodo's seem to be the drivers choice...

thanks guys for your input