PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof

Cvik_ryda
27-04-2006, 11:40 AM
hi peeps,
i got this idea about getting my own sunroof done on my EK1. it just an idea so any feed back will be welcome.
I looked in to aftermarket sunroof they around 1500 to 2000 bucks intalled. Let say you go to a wrecker buy all electric motors, wires and bit and pieces of the sunroof i assume within the 500 mark. Check all detail and size of the car which the sunroof come from then go to a panel beater or any where that can cut your roof safe and nice(know what they doing) for about 500. there's your sunroof ready to go. Prices could be different i dont know if anybody try to attemp this before please let me know. cheers

wassup
27-04-2006, 10:27 PM
hi peeps,
i got this idea about getting my own sunroof done on my EK1. it just an idea so any feed back will be welcome.
I looked in to aftermarket sunroof they around 1500 to 2000 bucks intalled. Let say you go to a wrecker buy all electric motors, wires and bit and pieces of the sunroof i assume within the 500 mark. Check all detail and size of the car which the sunroof come from then go to a panel beater or any where that can cut your roof safe and nice(know what they doing) for about 500. there's your sunroof ready to go. Prices could be different i dont know if anybody try to attemp this before please let me know. cheers

You could get away with having to pay $1000 which would be great.

But, if you made a mistake? then what? youd wish you got a pro to do it in the first place.

Geekstar
27-04-2006, 11:17 PM
hey man, my ek1 got a sunroof. But it was already installed when i got the car works well no problems. I think the brands 'asn' or sumthing thats what the logo on the button says anyways....LOL. But yeh sunroof is good.