PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gage Problem?

Silence11
27-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey All,

Lately i really can't trust my fuel gage, but i was wondering if this is a normal thing in the EK Civics. I normally get between 400-500 Km on a full tank, but sometimes when my gage shows that i am empty, it will only take like 32L!? Isn't there meant to be a 45 litre tank in the Civics? Or is 6 of that 45 a reserve and so really there is only 39L? :confused:

I think the most i've ever put in my tank is 37L and i'm pretty sure that was when the red light came on for me to fill up!

So is there something wrong with my gage, or is this a normal thing!?!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

bennjamin
27-04-2006, 01:28 PM
at the most , the gauge is not accurate at all of a tanks (current) capacity.
Maybe best to judge your true economy after a few full tanks of the same fuel type.

Limbo
27-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah its meant to be 45Ltr but i've never come close and i have the same problem. Its hard sometimes to judge, but if the light hasn't come on it should be fine.

elim
27-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I can't trust mine at all so when i clock 350km, it's time to fill up.

nugget666
27-04-2006, 05:54 PM
i clocked 502kms and got 41 litres in it. the fuel light was only coming on and going off.

Ru$kI
28-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Like Elim said...when i clock 350 km...time to fill up....but the bouzer thing clicks at 27L...its never gone above 30L...and the thing is...like if i try 2 go over...like even after it clicks i try 2 fill it up more...it starts 2 spill over a little bit...which means the tank is full...but how can it be full if before it was 'empty' and after 27L its full...where did the other 18L go?????

Once i tried purposely running the car on empty until the light came on...and then fill up again....after 400km...my car started having difficulty turning on again....and my m8s told me thats coz i hardly got any fuel in there....the light never came on however...so my question remains....where do the 18L go???

Limbo
28-04-2006, 02:15 PM
its in there but your pump may not be able to get to the fuel that's all. Rem its only a little hose that going in you fuel pump it can't access all the fuel....
Its always best to keep the car filled up and keep the fuel pressure up.

Silence11
29-04-2006, 02:13 AM
At least i know i'm not the only one having the problem!!!

I think that the tank must be 45L which includes the 6L reserve... Considering that most have not been able to fill up past 40L without the light comming on... When i filled up the 37L, the light was going on and off...

People also notice the difference when parking on a slight hill? I understand the whole thing with the sensor and the level of fuel, but sometimes i notice that the gage will show 3/4 full, then next thing i notice its on 1/2 a tank! I think the sensor or whateva is a little off.

EK4R
29-04-2006, 01:23 PM
hahah got same deal, my light dont even come on i dont think, i never let the needle drop lower than the last bar (just before touching the red bar) around 350 then i fill up. get like 30litres and im full..:O lol tell you the truth i wouldnt care, cos its kinda like running 30litres every 350km. im happy with that :)
yesterday i filled up 20 litres and it was 3/4 full.

when does the red light meant to turn on??? (too scared to risk it)