PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06 vs the Old School

**Ghost**
27-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Just wondering for those ppl that haven driven both, wots the comparison ebtween the new civic sport and Ek4/Eg6/Ef9 Dohc Vtec civics in terms of

1. handling
2. straight line
3. response
4. responsiveness to modifications

obviously teh newer civic would be more comfortable, larger, and better equipped.. just want to know the above

aaronng
27-04-2006, 01:43 PM
If it is a B16a civic modded with bolt ons, then you don't have any comparison in straight line. They beat my Euro in a straight line at wakie, and also around the 2nd gear corners (which are about the level of 6pm roundabout turns). The only corner at which I can match them is in a 3rd gear sweeping corner.

And the responsiveness of the B16a and transplanted B18c in the civics is heaps above today's fuel economy 12/16v i-VTEC K and R series engines. Heck, I reckon the throttle response is also better than my K24A3.

MKI4EVA
27-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Just wondering for those ppl that haven driven both, wots the comparison ebtween the new civic sport and Ek4/Eg6/Ef9 Dohc Vtec civics in terms of

1. handling
2. straight line
3. response
4. responsiveness to modifications

obviously teh newer civic would be more comfortable, larger, and better equipped.. just want to know the above

The new civic should only be compared with the 4 door sedans of the previous models you've listed. I don't think it's a fair to compare it with the previous hatches don't you think? Just a point I'd thought i'd raise.

So in comparing them to the previous 4 door civic sedans there would be at least a minimum of 20% increase in all the areas you've listed.

I maybe going to wakefield park tomorrow for an open day run to see how it goes. If it's anything in the 1.18's lap time it'll be doing extremly well for a 4door civic since stock ek's hatches on street tyres get around that sort of lap time.

**Ghost**
28-04-2006, 07:31 AM
thanks for the replies... i never thought i would buy one but i saw fully decked out one yesterday and thought damnnnnnnn