PDA

View Full Version : Differences between DC5 STD and R

Sampson
27-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi been looking to trade in my third gen Z28 Camaro on a Integra (just bought a 03 Euro Lux for the wife a few month ago love it Honda's are brilliant!).I have some of questions I have not driven a integra yet but love the look the local dealer is trading in a black 2002 5sp semi-auto with about 39500 kms soon ment to be near perfect.Whats the differnces between the std and type R aside from the 30 odd kilowats?Can a std Integra be changed to the same power easily? Does the extra power make a big differnce I have notice the torgue is almost the same? I know some people might think these questions are stupid but any help is appreciated.
Thanks Sampson :honda:

JINRAI
27-04-2006, 11:18 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

have a browse and welcome to the forum

Q_ball
28-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Not so much the power differece, but the R is all about handling for its track orientated!
Besides its k20a i-vtec motor, the sussy, chasis design, tyres, and brakes are all far more superior than the base model.
Take both cars for a bit of "test drive" and you'll see what I mean :)

Menzy
28-04-2006, 11:10 AM
with the Type-R it will respond more to your bolt on mods, example Headers, intake and exhuast
Torque wise they are sort of similar but with power at the wheels will be more different
think the normal dc5 is like 118Kw and the dc5R is around 149kw (Correct me if im wrong)
if your gonna use your car for track id go with the R as you will spending a little bit less money then trying to get a normal dc5 up to scratch with the R and im talking susy, brakes etc

hope this helps hehe :)

Zilli
28-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Sampson, i think the best thing you could do is drvie one of these things man... compared to your Camaro, this is a VERY different car

Whereas in the Camaro you can go for a highway drive, cruise at 110 at 1500rpm, 11 in my dc2r is at 3-3500rpm... if you plant it at those speeds the kick wont be as big in the integra as the camaro (still nice though)

the most important different will be the smile on your face after you hit a nice set of twistie where the camaro will be ploughingstraight while rocking around like a boat....

very very different, my advice is go for a drive

Sampson
28-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok Thanks guys I will definatly try to test drive both cars but hard to do in country NSW thier pretty rare the dealers don't even carry new ones on the floor.Anyone one on the nth coast want too let me drive there car will pay :) .
OK this is what I have found out so far correct me if wrong
1.Engine147kw@7400/118kw@6500.192nm@6000/191@4000.
Compresion 11.0:1R/9.8:1Std. Fuel 95octR/91octStd
2.Suspension the same
3.wheels the same but darker on R,
4.Brakes front 300mmR/262mmStd.Rear same,booster same,abs same
5.LSD R not sure if on std
6.Interior/ext diff Recaro Seats shifter noob/body kit.How much is kit worth?
7.Gearbox 6spR/5sp auto or 5sp manual
Anything else please ad

bigjo5
28-04-2006, 08:55 PM
also the exterior looks different .. with the type r wing and sideskirts rear and front lip with type r stickers on the side , its noticable red badge, sports momo stearing wheel, and bucket recaro's with red stitchings.

qstoria
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
if you are after a drivers car then without doubt the type r. either way you would test drive either car before buying one. after test driving the type r the differences will be very noticeable. recaro seats. one of the best 6 speed boxes around with the lsd. cant remember off the top of my head the price difference. decent examples of dc5's can be had for low low 30's.

not sure if you are looking at buying 2nd hand at all but i know id take a 2nd hand DC5R from 2002 with 80,000 km +over a brand new base model integra

|N|
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Not so much the power differece, but the R is all about handling for its track orientated!
Besides its k20a i-vtec motor, the sussy, chasis design, tyres, and brakes are all far more superior than the base model.

Take both cars for a bit of "test drive" and you'll see what I mean :)

misleading info. :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

all those in red r almost iidentical between the 2 models. for aust. deli modem anyway

sampson:
apart from the engine(power/torque) DC5R has all those exterior add ons... and interior like momo steering as someone already mentioed alreasdy . but missing cup holder and something else but i cant remember on top of my head rite now. *cough* light weight * cough*
and of coz DC5r has 6sp LSD gear box.

it really depends on wat u after... r u going to do any mods ??? if u lookin at performance side. i will def. suggest. DC5R. as they response quite well to aftermarket parts.

if u wnat a car for everyday comfy driving. and not planning to fnag the car that much or mod the car. i say dc5 base.

OR

another alternative if u want a bit of above is the DC5S (type S)
if i m not wrong they have 7kw more then the dc5R. but heavier car. due to its luxury option. leather interior bla bla bla etc. and sun roof. and also received the facelift :). but another thing is the S has NO LSD. and cost more :(

so thats wat u need to consider. i say u test drive each and everyone of them. and find out urself.

regards
Nick

aaronng
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Ok Thanks guys I will definatly try to test drive both cars but hard to do in country NSW thier pretty rare the dealers don't even carry new ones on the floor.Anyone one on the nth coast want too let me drive there car will pay :) .
OK this is what I have found out so far correct me if wrong
1.Engine147kw@7400/118kw@6500.192nm@6000/191@4000.
Compresion 11.0:1R/9.8:1Std. Fuel 95octR/91octStd
2.Suspension the same
3.wheels the same but darker on R,
4.Brakes front 300mmR/262mmStd.Rear same,booster same,abs same
5.LSD R not sure if on std
6.Interior/ext diff Recaro Seats shifter noob/body kit.How much is kit worth?
7.Gearbox 6spR/5sp auto or 5sp manual
Anything else please ad
2. Suspension is the same type, but with different springs and dampers. The DC5R has stiffer suspension. Do test drive one first because there are some who say that the suspension is too stiff/hard to live with as a daily driver if they are not a petrol-head.
5. LSD is only on the R. It is woooorth it. Note that the new S doesn't have LSD.
6. Metal shift knob (worth $110 here), Recaro seats (worth about $2000 for the pair), body kit (I'd guess $2000 from the dealer?)

DC5R has thinner glass for weight savings. The engine is hand tuned at the factory, so it is more responsive. You can't tell from the power/torque numbers. Plus, you get similar fuel consumption to the std if you stay under 4000rpm. Once you pass 6000rpm, there are very very few NA 4 cyl engine cars that can keep up.