PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake pipe DC2R

ArSe
27-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi there people,

just wondering whats the best way to inplement an air pipe for a Integra R DC2, i know its easy for civics as they have heaps of room, but i find it difficult to put piping for my car.

any ideas? besides taking out lights??

thanks

kickthecancrew
27-04-2004, 09:09 PM
On my old teg vtir, a friend of mine routed a mesh aluminium duct pipe from the outlet of the airbox to the front of the bumper.

Alternatively, if you have an open filter... just make a heat shield around the filter and route an aluminium duct piping from the base of the pod to the front of the bumper/wheel well whichever suits you better.

Original abs plastic ducting air feed for the airbox need to be removed tho so you have to remove your right fender and front bumer anyways.

Hope this helps

ArSe
28-04-2004, 10:50 AM
thanks man!! :o

kiddoDC2
28-04-2004, 06:25 PM
On my old teg vtir, a friend of mine routed a mesh aluminium duct pipe from the outlet of the airbox to the front of the bumper.

Alternatively, if you have an open filter... just make a heat shield around the filter and route an aluminium duct piping from the base of the pod to the front of the bumper/wheel well whichever suits you better.

Original abs plastic ducting air feed for the airbox need to be removed tho so you have to remove your right fender and front bumer anyways.

Hope this helps

i tink it is possible to remove the air feed thing wihtout taking off the bumper, saw it on team integra site
jus have to remove the wheel and the plastic bit (fender?) flap thing and work from there, gonna try it soon and see how it goes

euGeR
28-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's a couple of pics when I removed my resonator from the wheel arch

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackier/files/pics/

not really that detailed but on a DC2R, the resonator is HUGE (fills up that part of the fender).

I'd see if you can remove the box and keep the stock piping. It's 2 bolts. You'll have to peel back some of the cladding in the wheel arch to get to the upper bolt. :D

ArSe
28-04-2004, 11:51 PM
yeah ive removed the air feed resonator inorder to fit my arc air filter ages ago.

i just want to get more cold air, euGeR how does it feel with it on? any difference? where does the pipe end? ive put my air resonator away and cant find it so ill have to get some piping, just wondering where does it lead out?

only if it was as easy as a civic..... 'sigh'

wish me luck !!

euGeR
29-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Is the ARC - the chamber? or the full ARC BOX replacement or just ARC airfilter?

If its the ARC filter, you won't have that much of an advantage because the volumetric efficiency of the box is still the same.

However you if you remove the resonator, the stock pipe still runs into the wheel arch, so its drawing air outside the engine bay. The sound will be better even with stock filter and a little more responsive.

ArSe
30-04-2004, 02:36 PM
ive got the full arc box and chamber so i had to remove the standard air resonator thing