PDA

View Full Version : accord vti purchase

blk05gli
28-04-2006, 07:54 AM
thinking of buying a new black vti this weekend as my work vehicle. any current owner feedback for this model would be appreciated?

albii
28-04-2006, 03:54 PM
mmm i don't think many here have the thai built accord in the vti..i know there are some v6 owners and heaps of euros...
i have heard nothing but good things about them if that helps.

incoming
28-04-2006, 04:29 PM
what model accord are u purchasing?

SiReal
28-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Ive driven it before, not quick and not slow..Great car for the money you pay. Got everything. just get a sunroof and you'll be on your way to pulling chix mate. haha

Joeyboy
28-04-2006, 05:02 PM
thinking of buying a new black vti this weekend as my work vehicle. any current owner feedback for this model would be appreciated?

I bought a 95Accord VTI manual Nov 2005. all i can say.....sweeeeetttttt!!! its a sweet SWEET ride! i havent done a dyno test yet so im not sure of actual speeds in tech terms. i've had no problems with it engine wise. it holds about 65-ltrs of petrol. the cruise-control is handy for long drives. comes with a stock cd-stacker and the 4-speaker system is quite impressive for stock standard. very spacious interior. powered-adjustable driving seat (height). driver srs airbag. and YES, the sunroof does attract an attention or two. hope this helps. :D

incoming
28-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I bought a 95Accord VTI manual Nov 2005. all i can say.....sweeeeetttttt!!! its a sweet SWEET ride! i havent done a dyno test yet so im not sure of actual speeds in tech terms. i've had no problems with it engine wise. it holds about 65-ltrs of petrol. the cruise-control is handy for long drives. comes with a stock cd-stacker and the 4-speaker system is quite impressive for stock standard. very spacious interior. powered-adjustable driving seat (height). driver srs airbag. and YES, the sunroof does attract an attention or two. hope this helps. :D

ur CD5 accord holds 65L of petrol??...
u sure man? isnt it 40L?

Joeyboy
28-04-2006, 05:19 PM
ur CD5 accord holds 65L of petrol??...
u sure man? isnt it 40L?

SORREEE typo...i meant 45L

thanx for picking up the error INCOMING. peace out!

jamchen
28-04-2006, 05:45 PM
if u r referring to the current model of accord VTI 2.4l, then i can give u a bit idea..
as someone already mentioned.. its not quick... as its heavy weight so a bit out-powered 114kw ( correct me if i am wrong)engine...
i had driven one as curtesy car and its actually quite okay to drive... if u r not after speed.. then i guess this car would do...
as u said its for business use... it definitely look elegent and its big enough if u need to take ur clients with u :P

h22a accord
28-04-2006, 05:57 PM
SORREEE typo...i meant 45L

thanx for picking up the error INCOMING. peace out!

erm, i think you might find that a cd5 accord will hold approx 64 litres of petrol.

Joeyboy
28-04-2006, 06:06 PM
erm, i think you might find that a cd5 accord will hold approx 64 litres of petrol.

hmmmm.....let me double-check next time i fill up aight?!?! im not so sure now. :(

EuroDude
28-04-2006, 06:27 PM
The 2.4 is slow dude, I mean 118kw (CRV engine) Auto tranny pulling 1435kg is painful in my opinion. A manual tranny isnt available unfortunately.

Personally I would either save up an extra 6 grand and get the V6, or buy a second hand Accord Euro ;)

The Euro is considerably quicker (140kw) and a bit lighter and also more fuel efficient (9.1 vs 9.3), and are built better. How can u go wrong?

blk05gli
28-04-2006, 08:20 PM
sorry I mean the current vti accord, I did say new didn't I. Performance is not the issue, economy and comfort are important - it is going to be a work car doing about 500 kms p/week.

as001
28-04-2006, 09:55 PM
for that money u better off getting the latest civic instead it will better on fuel then then vti and euro

stoodamire
29-04-2006, 04:15 AM
CD5 VTi i know for sure they hold 65L. Because that's my dad's. My V6L also hads 65L.

jacks
29-04-2006, 07:52 AM
My dad has a VTi Accord and he loves it. I have a Euro and he thought it was just a bit to small in the rear seat and it is a harder riding. If you want a quiet, cruisy car that is a decent size and offers excellent value for money then you simply cant go past the VTi accord. There is nothing on the market that compares for that price. Oh and he raves about the economy - but he does a lot of highway driving. Also he has found the performance quite good - he has just completed its first service and he has said it is starting to loosen up. It is never going to be a super quick car but it isn't slow. Hope this helps.

aDe
20-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I have an accord Vti 06 model 2.4l. Yes it's slower than Euro's i used to have but it is more space and if you're going to mods it, it will be awesome compare to the common euro's :P no offence i like euro's but i got bored coz is just to many :P

yfin
20-05-2006, 11:03 PM
sorry I mean the current vti accord, I did say new didn't I. Performance is not the issue, economy and comfort are important - it is going to be a work car doing about 500 kms p/week.

If you don't care about performance or handling - you can't go wrong with this model as a great cruiser on the freeway. Fantastic standard features for the money and bigger inside than the Euro. Not as weak in power as some people think. It is only a few kws short of the Mazda 6.

That said I think the Euro is better value due to its dynamics and with VSA a safer car as well (now I have seen VSA work in action I don't think I will ever buy another new car unless it has stability control). The Euro std is only 10% more than the Vti so it is not a lot of difference in price. Built quality is arguably better with the Jap (ie Euro) built Hondas too.

Whatever you go with it is a better built car than a Falcon or Commodore IMO.

Ferrarista
21-05-2006, 01:31 AM
I drove one as a courtesy car and for a cruiser its great..thats about it though.

Omotesando
21-05-2006, 01:54 AM
I drove one as courtesy car. Its not as slow as I thought it would be - in fact the very low down torque is still there, just that the top end is missing.

The steering response isn't that good though, its a bit loose. I'll buy a Standard EURO instead too. Although with the Thai VTi version I suspect u might be able to negotiate a bit better with price? Free trade agreement with Thailand.

hotout
23-05-2006, 11:13 AM
65l tank with the current VTi

I have a 2005 model Auto, it is not fast and is not slow as other posters have mentioned. Economy for me ~ 9.5 l, this is based on km and total petrol put into it. I drive about 40% with 1 adult and toddler.

Lots of space in the back, considered the Euro but rear space is too small for me family. If you plan on carrying passengers in the rear, go the VTi. Didn't like the V6, handled like a barge possibly because of the heaver front.

I like the 5 spoke alloys which are a bit chromy and are a minimalist kind of design. Add to this, the high waist line, it's kind of nice I think. I saw one with 19 inch deep dish wheels lowered, it looked totally awesome.

If you really want to lighten it up, remove the spare, as it's a full size alloy and just get yourself a tyre goo filler...

Having said that I do miss the VTec kick though, as it's a i-Vtec, it doesn't have the aggresive cam and basically works on 3(or is it 2) valves per cyl under ~ 2,200 rpm, and 4 valves over that. As you can see it was designed for economy, not for the drags or autocrossing!!

RIVAL
13-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I have a 95 accord vti automatic its a great car to drive around its pretty gutsy, i rekon its worth the money. its alright with the petrol but since its still rising im selling mine for a civic eg

blk05gli
22-06-2006, 08:42 AM
test drove current model (new tail lights, dash lights) model. very smooth. I thought this came with a trip computer like the new Euros?

UNLS1
22-06-2006, 10:59 AM
no it doesnt im affraid! the drive by wire is heaps better in this model!

The accord is heaps better value for money than the Civic Vti-L.

u should be able to get ur accord Vti for $29,990 driv away!