PDA

View Full Version : My Cars Screwed (again) da9!

Cold Fusion
28-04-2006, 11:27 AM
ok not too long ago i was getting a leak form my sump plug (coz it was all bent and screwed from the scrapes) so i put the engine stop leak in it, then i put some oil in it but i put too much in (my cars oil base is bent up so it needs less oil) so now i have way to much oil in my car and i cant get it out coz of the sump plug and the oil light is always on. im hearing noises which are comming from the top of the enging (i think) and it doesnt sound good. last night i had trouble starting it and this morning was a nightmare....

i just wanna kno, what would be wrong with it and how much wil it cost? if i have to replace head would it be better to go for a b16 vtec head or something? and should i put crower cams and stuff in while its off? any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

FR33K
28-04-2006, 12:07 PM
You put stop leak ?!?! in the oil ???
isnt that to make the car less smokey by making the oil thicker rather then stop it actually leaking from the sump ?????

zuihoujueding
28-04-2006, 12:29 PM
you should just use a heat resistant silicone and fill up the leak. Stop leak additive is only very temporary.
Abit more oil is still ok, but not sure if u mean really too much? maybe u can siphon some oil out from the oil cap. but dont think it contributes to the 'sounds'
go to machenic and get a quote.

Zilli
28-04-2006, 12:52 PM
i dont think too much oil will do any damage other than to cause too much oil pressure and blow seals... you may notice leaks coming from different places as a result.

I would be tempted, if i were you to just drill a hole in the sump, empty the oil oit, and replace the entire sump assembly along with the plug, then be a lot more careful over bumps

Cold Fusion
28-04-2006, 03:43 PM
yay my engine is ****ed...

the engine stop leak i put in (with reccomendation from the guy at the store) has ****ed up my car becuase it wasnt for engines it was for radiators...and so the wngine got blocked up and no oil could get into the head and now my engine is completly screwed.

i went to the place and they said theres not much they can do becuase its only a reccomdation and its not his fault (i will take it further though)

but yeh...my cars now dead

matt
28-04-2006, 03:49 PM
:eek: im sorry to hear that mate, your car is pretty funky.

i would be straight on the fone to conusmer protection about that, and probably with a lawyer to.

because it was a recommendation you should have something to go on. consumer protection law states that if a product is wrongly described you are entitled to a refund i just dont know what you can do about your engine.

FR33K
28-04-2006, 03:59 PM
do you not read the label before you pour stuff into your engine !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Fusion
28-04-2006, 04:00 PM
i read the lable, adn i wasnt sure...thats why i asked...and i took the guys reccomendation because he works there and SHOULD kno a bit more about his products.

and yeh im gonna take it as far as i can

HyperZ
28-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Was there some instructions at the back of the bottle?

Maybe you can ask ozh peep's for some recommendations before using it next time... bad luck :(

dc2dc2dc2
28-04-2006, 04:08 PM
ring aca or today tonight....bring those cameras into shop...and start yelling at them ! :D good luck mate...sorry about what happend to ur engine !!!

Zilli
28-04-2006, 04:13 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnn

thats frigged

Cold Fusion
28-04-2006, 05:21 PM
i rung up a ferw places and technically it may look good or not...im gonna go back in there with ym dad sometime soon when he isnt working and speak to the manager again and threaten legal action because of there neglegence. hopefully it goes well.

SINISTR
28-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Which shop did you get it?

Crap about the motor mate... hope you can find one soon!

SKREMN
28-04-2006, 07:35 PM
try your best but i dont think you will get far with legal action
focus your attention to getting your car back on the rd and getting a new motor
while its outs you might as well option an LS/Vtec or somethign better then a stock motor

Dtegra
30-04-2006, 01:33 AM
hahah Thats jus plain stupidity no offence but as if you can mix that up itl all come down to "read the label carefully next time" come on man

mooshie
30-04-2006, 01:05 PM
sorry dude but have got to agree with dtegra on this one its your responsibility what you put in your car. the guy is only offering advice as an individual unless the company has properly trained him and says that he is qualified to give advice then they are not at fault, you may as well take the advice of the bum on the corner! (assuming he could read the label!) sounds harsh but hey, at least now you have an excuse to upgrade!

kronjp
01-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry to hear about the mix-up mate, for future reference if you do over fill with oil and you can't remove the sump plug then pull the oil filter. It'll make a mess but at least you'll save your engine!

Cold Fusion
01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
yeh thanks guys and i kno im a tool but i wasnt thinking straight (nice 5k mistake)

im lookin at parts now for my new engine, so far im lookin at stage 2 crower cams, some forgies pistons, some new rods and a few other things i need ot talk about with my maerchanic. HOPEFULLY it wont cost too much :(

kronjp
01-05-2006, 02:28 AM
Why not go VTEC?

IN73GZ
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
its not that easy just to wake on a vtec head without replacing your internals aswell
AFAIK your engine doesnt sound in that good of condition so a vtec head isnt really going to help. just dont want you to think its a quick fix or anything like that and waste ur money. sorry 2 hear about ur engine and hope you can resolve the problem in a low amount of $$$$

Cold Fusion
01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
after speaking to a mate who does rebuilds he says it will cost around 5ish grand not including aftermarket parts. so i think thats out of the question...

i want to upgrade, but i dont want to soend too much, what would anyone reccomend?

locote
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
you could prob get a b16a for under 3K fitted but that would suk.
On the high note your car will be running.
Or just look for a B18B prob be cheaper tthan a B16a

zorrt
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
yea doubt u'd get far with legal actions just gonna end up wasting more time and money than needed. You can complain to the guys boss to get him sacked but thats pretty much it as no one forced to to listen to him nor did they stop you from reading and double checking the labels.

IN73GZ
02-05-2006, 07:47 AM
if i was u i would get a b18c out of a JDM SiR integra or get the b18c2 out of a Vtir. if u dont wana spend much then get a b16a and just put a lil bit of money into it, even tho its a 1.6L u can still make them quick cars. ive seen a b16a EK civic take down a b18c7 EK civic before and the b16a only had light work on it.

Cold Fusion
02-05-2006, 10:45 AM
news news! turns out my enigne isnt as ****ed as we first though (thank god)

hes checking it out again today and it might just be the crank, he checked the cams last night and they seemed fine and they only had some scratches on them...so a FULL rebuild might not be nessecary...but i might have to eitehr get a new crank or somehting, but yeh i just need to await the news.

Dtegra
24-05-2006, 02:26 AM
a new crank.. hmm thats a total rebuild in itself..
if thats screwed your rods are more then likely damaged.. and ur chambers..