PDA

View Full Version : Best fuel 5th gen Accord - BP Ultimate, Vortex 98, Shell Optimax?

Joeyboy
28-04-2006, 07:06 PM
ok ok ... there is much debate about the BEST fuel to use. but narrowing it down to 5th GEN accords now. i am a big...well...HUGE fan of BP Ultimate. use it 99.9%. i used vortex 98, mobil (whatever it was) and shell optimax when i've almost down to the last drop (in desperate circumstances only). i found that my ryde almost stalled when i used optimax (it was a 2 sec shut down of engine while i was running around 70ks!!!!!). coincidence??? but good thing it started up again....after i regained consciousness after wondering WHAT THE HELL happened there.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated! cheers ya'll and remember ... KEEP IT REAL!

chunky
28-04-2006, 09:02 PM
shell y0!

bigjo5
28-04-2006, 09:04 PM
it depends .. some petrol works differently on different cars well thats from my experience... i have a eg5 and i tried using 100 octane from shells that didnt really do much.. then i used bp ultimate 98 and thats so far the best for it..
go to search . u shuld be able to find some threads on about petrol.
cheers

Xplodin
29-04-2006, 04:12 PM
well, i'll have to say that BP is my fan. I've always been filling up with BP or Mobil s8000. never anything else. I feel asif my car revs more smoother with either of those petrols. but in the end its just petrol.....

My 2 cents

Joeyboy
30-04-2006, 11:01 AM
i've heard that BP Ultimate lasts longer and doesnt damage the "insides" as much. but i also read in one the forums here that vortex98 lasted longer (by about an extra 50km) than with BP Ultimate. Also that Caltex always has discounts on their petrol, compared to BP who dont have ANY at all (???)

hmmmm

Alpine
30-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Between Ultimate and Vortex 98, Vortex 98 works better in MY car in relation to more feeling of torque and slightly better mileage. Haven't tried Shell's V-Power yet.

Ph@t-G
30-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I think there is also a "mind factor" involved. Petrol from BP and Shell are from the same place of refinery, just characterised and marketed differently by respective brands.

I'd say whatever 'you' feel makes your ride go smoother and any other positive factors that works in favour with your preferred brand.

dc2dc2dc2
30-05-2007, 10:18 PM
I concur with the above statement. I always thought that most fuel came from the same refinery and it was simply the way the company markets their fuel to get customers and of course brand loyalty. Like i always thought all the fuel in melbourne came from the refinery up in geelong ?

Joeyboy
30-05-2007, 10:50 PM
far out, i started this thread like more than a yr ago, lol

......IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, BP Ultimate for me for more than a yr now and never looked back from there. I did a li'l experiment between BP Ultimate and normal unleaded and I always get around or more than 50kms more with BP Ultimate (same amount of fuel, same way of driving - during the experiment i never went more than 3000 revs each time). BP Ultimate also seems to be very clean, therefore good for the longevity of my car's engine.

dc2dc2dc2
30-05-2007, 10:52 PM
don't forget the environment ! :)

Vinnie
30-05-2007, 11:25 PM
wat mods u got joey? coz i got a stock cd5 and tried a few tanks of premium once and coudent tell any diff. i jus use standard unleaded now coz i cant justify spending more :)

Joeyboy
30-05-2007, 11:45 PM
wat mods u got joey? coz i got a stock cd5 and tried a few tanks of premium once and coudent tell any diff. i jus use standard unleaded now coz i cant justify spending more :)

hmmmm.....did u experiment using 95octane BP and BP Ultimate? just got headers, catback...not many modz.

m3ntAL_l2
31-05-2007, 12:03 AM
unleaded 91' ftw....
nah if i do fill up good fuel once in a while i go for BP