PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it???

Jai-VTi
27-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey Guyz,
I got a 1994 EG Civic VTi hatch.
current mods include -17'' Chromies
- lowered with 2'' king springs
- Altezzas
- Huge Stereo
- razo gear nob
-OEM Honda Front and Rear lips
- 2 1/4'' Exhaust & 3 1/2 inch cannon muffler
-indiglo dials, white dash and door pod insert and blue seat covers. Meshd front bar + foggies

Anywayz ive been wondering (& saving) is it worth continuing to modify my civic?? I just got offerd a fantastic deal on a Motorized TV screen and DVD changer. And my dad owns a smash repairs and has said he will respray my car the same colour with some added goodies.

+ i wouldnt mind a Interior retrim and eventually turboing the existing D16 or throeing in a B16/18!?!!?

So i now ask u all, is it worth spending all that money. OR saving for a car that was made for performance?!?

Thx for the help,

Cheers, Jaiza 8)

vti-2 edit: updated title

SIKCVC
27-04-2004, 10:58 PM
if your just after performance.... each to their own dude...

Personally i want an FD RX7 but can't afford it nore drive it while on my P's. and other Turbo'd cars i can drive draw to much unwanted attention from cops/epa and insurance etc.

If you want a fun tight car... you'll need to be able to lose your stereo when you want it otherwise it'll throw the civics balance all over the place. Just make sure you can remove it when you need to.

But yeah civics are fun and fairly easy to mod when you can find the parts.

Jai-VTi
27-04-2004, 11:01 PM
it'll never be a performance machine because the stereo includes a full custom boot install. and big heavy chromies.

SIKCVC
27-04-2004, 11:05 PM
it'll never be a performance machine because the stereo includes a full custom boot install. and big heavy chromies.

I have a huge boot install that takes up my entir boot, not to mention redicules features... it can be taken out whenever i want.

and chromies can be removed, put some steels on or some cheap light weights.

skoota
29-04-2004, 02:42 PM
I voted no. I thought about an engine transplant in my EK -and really it's all to hard. Just save $$$ and buy the car that comes stock with the engine you want. I'm saving now to get and Integra...

A'PEXi
29-04-2004, 04:32 PM
the fun part is modifying it to your own tastes...

vti-2
29-04-2004, 05:45 PM
It's your money and your car so it's your decision. If you are asking us, then you are only going to get opinions of what others would do with your money. If you really love your car and want to continue modifying it, keep it! Don't let someone else tell you how to modify your car or what to do with your money.

IMO, if you really love your car, it is worth spending money on it. I spent lots of money on my first car and on my DC2 and it was worth it cause i was able to make the car look exactly how i wanted it to look.

If you want me to tell you how to spend your money, no worries! Get rid of the altezza's, razo gearknob, blue seat covers, mesh and foggies. Put the OEM lights back on, keep the front bar stock with a nice lip, get a Type-R gearknob, ITR recaro seats, turbo conversion and a respray in Frost White with a carbon fibre bonnet. But that would be ME spending YOUR money for you. ;)

Jus-10
30-04-2004, 10:36 AM
What vti-2 said....

[[d a n n y]]
30-04-2004, 10:48 AM
each to it's own

Kit
30-04-2004, 10:53 AM
my only problem with spending a whole heap of money on a car is, it doesn't add any value to the resale of the car. At the end of the day, a car is a depreciating piece of machinery, and its most probably not something you will keep forever.
(thats a reason why my cars only ever see bolt on modifications.)

so it really amazes me when people buy a $13,000 hyundai excel, spend $30,000 on it, only to sell it for $10,000 later on!

but if you really love the car, have money to spare and want to be different, then its probably an option you can consider doing. (spending more money to modify that is). :)
so just weigh up everything before you take the plunge

Jai-VTi
03-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Thx for all the help guyz, i still really dont know what to do!

And i dont know weather i'll buy another Honda if i do sell.(because im sick of not having any tourque)But i do love my Honda's!

Only time will tell...