PDA

View Full Version : Need help on bummy ride.

redkan28
29-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

Been driving my 02 DC5 integra for a couple of months. Bought the car from a dealer who mentioned that it comes with lower springs. The car looks great but i find that the ride is very bummy and loses traction often when i hit bumps. Therefore i would like to find out what are the options for mi to try and maintain the low ride but improve the ride on the car. (If its possible?)

should I go back to standard springs? (if so how much?)

Are there any aftermarket springs that suitatble for the standard shocks?
(Any recomendations?)

Dun think i would like to change the entire suspension as it may cost too much. However if there are any recomendations on ur car pls provide feedback ya?

Many thanks.
Jacqueline

Cold Fusion
29-04-2006, 04:16 PM
the old owner just probably changed the springs and not the shocks, its common in most cars (i did it) because its cheaper than buying the shocks at the same time, what u can do is just take it into a suspension plaec and get them to check it out, if what i said was right u may only need new shocks to suit ur car and the springs. they dont cost much, and u can probably do a DIY install if u kno how (saves alot of money)

hope i helped.

SiReal
29-04-2006, 04:30 PM
New aftermarket shocks for lowered cars? Approx 800 ish for some decent upper range ones. But i'm sure you can get some cheaper ones for around $500. Jump on US ebay and get them dirt cheap. just postage which kills u.

mrwillz
03-05-2006, 09:47 AM
my friend got monroe gt shocks n king springs on his vt commy for $870 installed.. from TTF
duno much about monroe shocks, but seems to be a good ride....

dsp26
03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

Been driving my 02 DC5 integra for a couple of months. Bought the car from a dealer who mentioned that it comes with lower springs. The car looks great but i find that the ride is very bummy and loses traction often when i hit bumps. Therefore i would like to find out what are the options for mi to try and maintain the low ride but improve the ride on the car. (If its possible?)

should I go back to standard springs? (if so how much?)

Are there any aftermarket springs that suitatble for the standard shocks?
(Any recomendations?)

Dun think i would like to change the entire suspension as it may cost too much. However if there are any recomendations on ur car pls provide feedback ya?

Many thanks.
Jacqueline

Thats exactly what i was talking about in my last post in this thread:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42828

goto the linky in the post above the last one i made for solutions.