PDA

View Full Version : N00b Question - How to drag?

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Ok as you all know, i'm a n00b at all this...I've never been in a drag, and never really thought about it...

Remember i'm in an AUTO

Now before you all go "Don't drag, you've got a non turbo GSI AUTO, you'll just get killed" Well i'm only doing it for fun, against friends and they drive VK's and all that....

So, if anyone has the time, teach me! Slowly, step by step...I mean say i'm at the lights, do I just have my foot on the brake and as soon as it goes green I floor the acceleration pedal? Is that it? Any tips? Anything?

Cheers...Please no flaming...

tRipitaka
30-04-2006, 12:13 AM
be sure to take it to the dragstrip RIGHT ? :rolleyes:

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 12:14 AM
be sure to take it to the dragstrip RIGHT ? :rolleyes:

Yeah of course...The traffic lights at the drag strip!

tRipitaka
30-04-2006, 12:16 AM
if you want to do it safely (i.e. not as much harm to your engine/gearbox etc.), just put the foot down when ur ready..

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 12:22 AM
if you want to do it safely (i.e. not as much harm to your engine/gearbox etc.), just put the foot down when ur ready..

That's it? How simple...I thought you'd have to have it on some gear then put ur foot down then when it changes shift it to D3 or Drive or whatever...

Cheers though!

|N|
30-04-2006, 12:28 AM
That's it? How simple...I thought you'd have to have it on some gear then put ur foot down then when it changes shift it to D3 or Drive or whatever...

Cheers though!

that would kill the gearbox tho... no good no good...

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 12:30 AM

I see...So simply, it's as easy as it looks? When the lights turn green, step on the accelerator? Do I just floor the accelerator? Is there no tips n tricks in an Auto?

|N|
30-04-2006, 12:32 AM
i ve seen ppl pull hand brake all the way up .. and acc abit .. once green put hand brake down ... way u go ....

but i dun have much exp with launching as i m not a straight line person ... but thats just one of the way that i ve seen ppl done it.. so dun quote me on taht

tRipitaka
30-04-2006, 12:35 AM
but i dun have much exp with launching as i m not a straight person
:eek: :eek: :eek:

|N|
30-04-2006, 12:36 AM
as in i m straight .. but i dun drag race

gelo
30-04-2006, 12:46 AM
1) your RIGHT foot would be on the brake pedal which is usually the left one
2) you progressively lift off the brake pedal, trying to keep the car balanced
3) then you press the acceleration pedal which is the right one
4) how fast you press the accelerator depends on how fast you let go of the brakes, it should be in proportion to achieve optimal balance for the car to launch properly
5) keep you foot on the acceleration pedal on the same pressure to maintain speed
6) pray

luzinit
30-04-2006, 12:48 AM
hahahahahahha LOL @ gelo

enoch
30-04-2006, 12:51 AM
u put the car in D
u put ur right foot on the breaks. when the light turns green, u press the accelerator with your right foot. when you reach 60 km (or the appropriate speed limit), u ease up on your right foot, slowing the car down so you're not speeding.

remember, if you speed, you're !@#$en moron

luzinit
30-04-2006, 12:54 AM
u put ur car on the brake, then put foot on accelerator until it bounces off rev limiter, indicating that its the perfect time to let go of the brakes, then bam! let go and you'll beat everything!!

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 01:04 AM
u put ur car on the brake, then put foot on accelerator until it bounces off rev limiter, indicating that its the perfect time to let go of the brakes, then bam! let go and you'll beat everything!!

I dunno if you were being sarcastic, but didn't |N| just say that'd screw up your gear box?

Also gelo, thank you...Now I know why I can't get my car to move when I push down on acceleration but suddenly moves when I push on brakes...wrong foot it must be...Gotta write it down...

CUL8R
30-04-2006, 01:35 AM
u push the right pedal through the floor.

chunky
30-04-2006, 01:38 AM
um u step on the pedal and go straight

luzinit
30-04-2006, 01:45 AM
u MUST be a troll! noone is this stupid yet still sincere.
if u're not, i apologise in advance.

D-Mac
30-04-2006, 03:09 AM
u MUST be a troll! noone is this stupid yet still sincere.
if u're not, i apologise in advance.

Apology accepted.

Unless you were talking about me pushing down on the wrong pedals...Then no, I was joking...>_>

aaronng
30-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Put it in D, or if your auto trans tends to shift too early, put it in 1/L. Then press the brake pedal with your left foot and give partial throttle. The torque convertor will lockup and leave you at around 2000rpm. Then you lift your foot off the brake pedal and floor the accelerator at the same time. When you reach red line, shift to 2 and so on. Don't hold brake and partial throttle for a long time as it does wear down your clutchpack. And lift your foot off the throttle once you reach 60km/h.

Q_ball
30-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Come on guys, hes asking a legit question!
None the less, I do severely disagree with us teaching someone to "launch" their AUTO car, when it's quite evident that this will be performed on public rds!
How would u guys feel if he crashes and severely hurts himself or someone else when trying to perform this stunt?
If you want to learn how to launch in an auto, go to some advanced driving lessons!

aaronng
30-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, I believe that everyone should know the technique. But knowing the technique and using the technique to race is a different matter. In my opinion, it is in a grey area when you do this launch up to 60km/h (or the speed limit). And his auto car doing this will launch as hard as others taking off from 2000rpm in a manual.

chi_gsi
01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
u been seriouse?! :confused: :confused: i been doing that every sence i got the car(auto), everytime i stop at the light i just put it on 1L and shift it up as i go....
think i better stop doin that then

mrwillz
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
^ i dun fink its 'no good'
i mean the gears there for a reason, cant b that bad to use it rite....
how bout the method of neutral > rev to 4oook> slam into D
in moderation tho, not regurlarly n box shud b fine wif that

Duesta
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
seriously.. there is no technique to "dragging" in an auto car. just plant your foot on the accelerator and go! But as qball said, if you want to know how to really drive your car, go to an advanced driving school. DO NOT try this on public roads at all! And i mean this politely, but don't be foolish enough to post topics about how to race your car again, as cops have been known to secretly scroll through these forums.

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 09:12 PM
seriously.. there is no technique to "dragging" in an auto car. just plant your foot on the accelerator and go! But as qball said, if you want to know how to really drive your car, go to an advanced driving school. DO NOT try this on public roads at all! And i mean this politely, but don't be foolish enough to post topics about how to race your car again, as cops have been known to secretly scroll through these forums.

Not meaning to sound rude but if there's no technique then what would a advanced driving school teach me in regards to dragging my car?

Also even if cops do see my post, they'd have to get my IP address then from there get my home address, then if they aren't in the same state as me tell someone in my state about me, then they'd have to go all the way to my house and then they'd fine me for posting about good ways hypothetically to drag in an auto, even though they have no proof I have done so (and I haven't), they'd have to fine me on a 'Intention to drag' fine and i've never heard of that before...

Appreciate the help but I think i'll be fine...

Also seems like there are different opinions in this thread, some saying there are techniques and some saying just plant down my foot...

Seems it is just as tricky as I had previously assumed...

Thanks for the help though pplz

string
18-05-2006, 09:40 PM
**** me dead your a moron.

Technique? Your driving an auto! Just press the god damn pedal.. It's not like you can do anything else...

If you don't have the mental capacity to learn how to launch it on your own, or at least even research it on your own, you shouldn't be trying it in the first place.

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 09:51 PM
**** me dead your a moron.

Technique? Your driving an auto! Just press the god damn pedal.. It's not like you can do anything else...

If you don't have the mental capacity to learn how to launch it on your own, or at least even research it on your own, you shouldn't be trying it in the first place.

Thank you, that was a great post that helped me to no end.

Don't have the mental capacity to learn something on my own? You're a ******* retard, if people could learn everything on there own there wouldn't be schools or any type of service, I also said I never tried it, if you had the 'mental capacity' to read my post before posting maybe you would have some hope, unfortunatley not only did you not 'research' but you couldn't even be assed reading my above post...

People learn by asking, I already said I was a n00b at this. Also read aaronng's post, he wrote down and even took the time to PM me about a technique.

What the hell was the point of posting if you were just going to critisize? Make you feel like more of a man?

string
18-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Thank you, that was a great post that helped me to no end.

Don't have the mental capacity to learn something on my own? You're a ******* retard, if people could learn everything on there own there wouldn't be schools or any type of service, I also said I never tried it, if you had the 'mental capacity' to read my post before posting maybe you would have some hope, unfortunatley not only did you not 'research' but you couldn't even be assed reading my above post...

People learn by asking, I already said I was a n00b at this. Also read aaronng's post, he wrote down and even took the time to PM me about a technique.

What the hell was the point of posting if you were just going to critisize? Make you feel like more of a man?
My point was to critisize the idiot who is asking how to drag at traffic lights against his bogan mates in a vk. If you asked about the drag strip then my response would be very different. You said it yourself a hundred times, you are a noob at this. Therefore it is PARAMOUNT that you do not try it on the street. You'll realise this after mr policeman gives you a ticket for speeding.

Your post about the cops not being able to find your is even more idiotic. If your going to do shit like this on the street, DON'T talk about it. That way, when you die, or kill someone, no one will be stuck with the remorse of knowing they told you how to do it.

If you want a genuine tip here it is.
Pull on the handbrake and give it a bit of throttle to load up your suspension/drivetrain. Lights go green, drop the handbrake and press to the floor. Good luck.

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 10:06 PM
My point was to critisize the idiot who is asking how to drag at traffic lights against his bogan mates in a vk. If you asked about the drag strip then my response would be very different. You said it yourself a hundred times, you are a noob at this. Therefore it is PARAMOUNT that you do not try it on the street. You'll realise this after mr policeman gives you a ticket for speeding.

Your post about the cops not being able to find your is even more idiotic. If your going to do shit like this on the street, DON'T talk about it. That way, when you die, or kill someone, no one will be stuck with the remorse of knowing they told you how to do it.

Asking how to do something and doing something is completely different, I keep saying that I have never done it, yet you keep giving me shit about how its idiotic of me to ask a question. Thats so ******* stupid, its like learning a martial art its there to be learnt, people ask questions about it, you don't go and critisize them because they could potentially kick someones ass on the street and end up killing them.

I never said I wouldn't get caught, I said the police would have to do alot of work just to find me, and once they do they can't charge me for asking a question. Remorse? You said yourself that there is no technique, so if I do kill myself or someone else then it would clearly be my own fault.

string
18-05-2006, 10:15 PM
You said "well i'm only doing it for fun...". Indicates intent to me.

You don't see me asking how much lube to use when ****ing a man up the arse. You know why? Because it doesn't intrest me... Put two and two together. People don't ask how to 'drag' unless they intend to do it.

Martial arts is very different to car racing. You can't accidentally kill someone with a martial art. How do you know someone won't missjudge how fast you are going, and pull-out of a side street, where you t-bone them and kill them. You'd be a hero! There is a reason shit like this is illegal and martial arts aren't. Stop pulling out idiotic analogies and go kill yourself allready.

IMH-22A
18-05-2006, 10:25 PM
hahahaha

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 10:26 PM
You said "well i'm only doing it for fun...". Indicates intent to me.

You don't see me asking how much lube to use when ****ing a man up the arse. You know why? Because it doesn't intrest me... Put two and two together. People don't ask how to 'drag' unless they intend to do it.

Martial arts is very different to car racing. You can't accidentally kill someone with a martial art. How do you know someone won't missjudge how fast you are going, and pull-out of a side street, where you t-bone them and kill them. You'd be a hero! There is a reason shit like this is illegal and martial arts aren't. Stop pulling out idiotic analogies and go kill yourself allready.

For **** sake, dragging does interest me, why else would I post a topic about it, but the fact of the matter is I haven't, never said I will, therefore stop trying to assume what I will and will not do.

You can accidently kill someone with a martial art, it's self defence, in an emergency you obviously won't be thinking about how you can just hurt him enough so you can get away. Go kill myself now, yeah that's great! Just the advice I was looking for...If I annoy you so badly by asking questions, why keep responding, it's MY thead, I can ask whatever the **** I want, if you don't like what i'm saying then stop posting here, it's off topic.

string
18-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I keep responding because your a moron who has dug himself a hole.

You can post whatever you want. So can I. The only ownership you have on this thread is the text in your posts.

Are you seriously too stupid to see the flaws in your martial arts analogy?

Again, explain to me why martial arts is legal as opposed to street racing?

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 10:44 PM
I keep responding because your a moron who has dug himself a hole.

You can post whatever you want. So can I. The only ownership you have on this thread is the text in your posts.

Are you seriously too stupid to see the flaws in your martial arts analogy?

Again, explain to me why martial arts is legal as opposed to street racing?

And are you too stupid to realise that your posts are just general insults that aren't helping anyone? wtf? I mean really if you don't want to help me, that's fine, in your opinion, I'm a moron who should go kill himself, fine, thats your opinion, did it make you smile?

I don't care what you have to say anymore, I have bigger problems in life then a lowly ****tard who can't mind his own business, doesn't know what an off topic post is, tries too hard to 'own' someone and makes himself feel bigger by repeatedbly making fun of other people for asking questions.

This thread can be locked now, i've had more then enough of peoples opinions, thanks to those who helped, to those who insulted me for being a n00b, very well done, you managed to insult me on something I admitted from the start.

string
18-05-2006, 11:23 PM
LOL! Open your eyes and grow up a little.

I think I might make a thread about the best methods for raping school girls.
That way, I can flame anyone who tries to tell me that it's wrong and illegal.

My posts are insulting because you are asking how to do something illegal and dangerous, yet, when confronted with the issue, you claim as if you are in the right.

D-Mac
18-05-2006, 11:47 PM
LOL! Open your eyes and grow up a little.

I think I might make a thread about the best methods for raping school girls.
That way, I can flame anyone who tries to tell me that it's wrong and illegal.

My posts are insulting because you are asking how to do something illegal and dangerous, yet, when confronted with the issue, you claim as if you are in the right.

Why the hell, can't you just leave me alone? What the **** is up your ass? I don't care what you have to say anymore, what do you want the last word or something? Ok it's illegal, fine if I die, get fined, that's my fault, none of your business.

I don't know if you live in some fantasy world but illegal things happen every second and you can't even see a difference in me asking how to drag and you asking how you can rape school girl...

LET THIS THREAD DIE, are you too stupid to understand that? If you care so much about people doing illegal things then PM me.

Q_ball
18-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Get over it the both of you!!
Pm one another if you want to blast the crap outta one another!!

dc2dc2dc2
18-05-2006, 11:51 PM
*CLOSED*

keep personal attacks to PM fellas and ease up on the vtec ! can't we all just live in peace ! SHOW SOME LOVE !!

string
19-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Wow, get angry much?

Calm down. I don't care about people breaking the law. I don't care about competent drivers break the law. I care when jackasses like you break the law because they have no idea how to drive a car, and will kill someone else. I don't care if you die, because you'll do the world a favour. But I do care that your ignorance might kill some guy crossing the road or any number of situations where you won't have control.

And no, i'd rather not let this thread die.

You're the one making it personal. I've given up insulting you, rather, i'm asking you questions and getting you to explain things, but all that comes out is a waterfall of tears.

aaronng
19-05-2006, 01:25 AM
String. There is no reason to start off by calling him a moron. This is a forum to learn things. Someone may be asking how to change gears in an auto (yes, someone has asked me before) and it may be a stupid question to the majority of us, but to him, it is genuine knowledge.

Yes, dragging on the street is bad and illegal. If he does it, then the cops will get him. Look at the number of cars that have been impounded! If he still goes ahead with it and then starts a new thread titled "My car was impounded", you can laugh at him then. Why launch personal attacks now?

EuroAccord13
19-05-2006, 01:34 AM
CLOSED!!!!

Take it to PM if you want to bash each other verbally.... But mind you, if someone reports to us about a bad PM, we can take actions....

To STRING and DMAC... Calm down..

Dmac asked a legit question about how to launch an Auto car... At no point in time I saw Dmac reference street racing ..

Well i'm only doing it for fun, against friends and they drive VK's and all that....

Doesn't say anything about racing on the streets, can be assumed it's on a drag strip...

Enough Said... To String and everyone else, this subject is CLOSED....