PDA

View Full Version : typeR brake pads on track?

n/a
30-04-2006, 03:35 AM
hey guys, wanting to know how ITR brake pads perform on track, is the bite consistant throughout each pass and long braking? much fade? rotor wear from the OE pads?
thanks.

zco
30-04-2006, 07:57 AM
depending on how mcuh power you have, hardly any rotor wear for a stock car, pads will fade after 4 (or even earlier) laps depending on how much you brake. its always better to use aftermarket pads. it is often sed that ebc greenstuff chew rotors, but if u think about it, if u want a good pad, thatbites, you're going to have to sacrifice something else. ie, your rotors. prject mu's do the same shit, but have a higher temp rating. i dont think theres a racing pad out there that doesnt give off brake dust either.. IMO, if u want to go hard at it for more than 3-4 laps, then get an aftermarket pad. cheers

revNhevN
30-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I would never use OEM pads on the track. They just wont handle abuse. Most OEM pads are good for one or two hard stops on the street - unless you drive something like a ferarri.

I did a bit of reseach before getting my pads. They are awesome but the only drawback is that my white rims go black in 2 days. There alot of jap and euro brands of pads. I choose a european brand because the jap stuff is overpriced.

n/a
01-05-2006, 01:11 AM
thanks for the input guys.

zco: i know what you mean, somethings have got to give.

revn: i'm planning to use DC2R calipers and rotors along with OE R pads on an EF civic. braking will be harsh but a lot less than it would be on a DC2R.

you guys reckon it'll be fine?

Slow96GSR
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Type-R pads won't be any better then other stock pads. If you want to have better pads you have to upgrade to a performance pad. A local parts store or a shop can get them. Also might want to upgrade the rotors. The calipers should be able to handle you car just fine. If you need more stopping power then upgrade, but try them out on a closed track first. The last car we did we just upped the pads and rotors and it was fine. Now if you turbo and fully mod the drive train I would get a bigger caliper but not until then. Why pay extra for something you don’t need yet?! Just my $.02USD!!

Astro
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
another thing to think about aswell is that to get the best out of the Type R brake package u got, also consider to upgrade the brake booster and master cyclinder to Type R too.

Spoon DA9R
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
get EBC red stuff....gd for track and road....used it on sunday for the race at calder...very gd....but i had bold tyres..so spun out and skid everywhere.....

sub11z
02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I use project mus NR for the track..

Stop really good and not as much brake dust as the stock one.