PDA

View Full Version : DA9 Starting trouble...

sockai
01-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Hmmm, alright. Car was running fine today, stopped in at work to say hi to a few people, go back to start it and its not sparking! I got my test light out and tried all the fuses etc. then checked the dizzy to see if it's getting any supply, it's fine. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it? It's a DA9 Integra with a b16a2 dropped into it.

ONV73C
01-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Most likely your main fuel relay, if it's cranking over and not sparking.

Very common problem... worn/cracked soldering joint needs resoldering.

ONV73C
01-05-2006, 07:50 AM
DIY Thread from ECU-MAN :

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31796&highlight=main+fuel+relay

Bowzer
01-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I'd check the ignitor/ignition coil in the Distrubutor, if you have access to service manual you can carry out the test using a multimeter to measure the resistance at the terminals (you need to open up the distrubutor by taking off the dizzy cap)

The Main Relay is usually associated with fuel delivery issues if your plugs are wet when you pull them out it means your injectors are seeing fuel pressure and working correctly.

Mz Integrra
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
This happened to my car a few weeks ago.

After a few minutes of trying, it started up again. I took it to my auto-electrician and it turned out to be my battery I had was spilling too much acid and the battery terminals needed to be replaced, along with the battery.

Haven't had a problem since.

Good luck with it :)

sockai
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
ah, thanks for the responses guys. the car is at home now after sitting in a valet parking spot for a whole day heh heh heh ^_- i've been trying to get an engine error code thrown, i've found the socket to short out, got a paperclip in there, however the engine light is still staying solid. i've heard the socket should be green aswell? i've only found 2 grey ones down there, one with 2 ports and one with 3?

90xsi
01-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Just count the LED flasher on the ecu itself,
short flash = 1's
Long flash = 10's

should tell you what code is wrong if any,
reset battery (to clear codes) then try again to check codes if any,

sockai
01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
nah it's obd1, there's no LED on the actual ECU.

sockai
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
alright, tried the resoldered relay fix, even tried to put in the old relay from my b18a wiring loom, its still being temperamental. it cant be an ecu issue because im getting a CEL right? does anyone know where the ground is for the main relay? or which fuse is for the ecu?