PDA

View Full Version : Review- Buddy Club Short Shifter on d16

turtleEK1
01-05-2006, 11:00 AM
hey everyone!
just throwing up a quick review on the buddy club short shifter i got for my EK1.

straight out i'll say its a great improvement! manufacturer says it reduces shift by 30-40%... but it feels like more than that!

now i've driven cars with like B&M and no name shifters installed, and they have this resistive feel to them or feel "clunky"... i found with this one its a more smoother shift and more "natural" feel i guess you could say. the shifter also has no problems going into reverse which i hear can be an issue with aftermarket shifters.

they come specially made for the gearbox too... i got the d-series shifter and also comes in b-series. there is a noticable difference between them visually which gives a piece of mind knowing its designed for you gearbox!

the shifter lever itself is about 1 inch shorter (the section that you grab), so it feels alot different from stock!

thats about all everyone, i'm really happy with this shifter! it was simple to install and makes shifting quicker too when giving the car abit!

i would have thrown up some pics of it compared to stock, but i didn't have my camera with me! i got two pics showing the distance between 1st and 2nd... as you can see its only a small shift! i know they aren't the best, but gives you and idea...
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6284/shifter10sr.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4264/shifter22lx.jpg

Thanks to Trav for getting it and giving me a hand to install... i can't help i'm a fat man and can't fit under my car... lol!! i belong up poles, not under cars!

Later All!!!

egSi
02-05-2006, 06:17 PM
awesome review dave and yes your lucky im a pure bred twig :p

[ricer]
02-05-2006, 06:27 PM
does the knob sit in the middle when on neutral or does it lean forward or anything?

turtleEK1
03-05-2006, 05:02 PM
']does the knob sit in the middle when on neutral or does it lean forward or anything?

it does lean forward abit... when in forth gear it looks like its in neutral...

Chris_F
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
nice knob ;)

i had a chance to fiddle with one of these short shifters for a while and shift quality was top notch. Good write-up dave

NeRV
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
nice write up dave... i might have to play with your shifter and see how it is and might get myself one :D

EG5[KRT]
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
i wanna feel his shifter :D i wanna get one too !!! :D but sooo broke >.<

**Ghost**
22-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I have one for b-series gearbox. At the start its as stiff as hell but after about a week u wear the bearings in and it becomes almost OEM in feel, but definite reduction in throw

top quality compared to ebay stuff i've experienced

Terry
22-05-2006, 11:29 PM
awesome!:)