PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Left side mirror, non-zoomed replacement

EuroDude
01-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Does Honda have available replacement left-side mirrors that are not zoomed?

The standard ones are zoomed out so cars look further away than they actually are, which means merging left can be dangerous. Plus I find reverse parking much harder. Personally I find normal 1:1 mirrors much safer since you dont have to think or guess how far other cars are.

On a side note, I drove a Lancer the other day and ALL of the mirrors are zoomed, crazy stuff indeed... :confused:

If Honda dont sell them, are there aftermarket ones available?

Tobster
01-05-2006, 03:30 PM
More and more cars are being fitted with convex mirrors all round -- I doubt you'll get a flat one from Honda.

Convex mirrors give you a greater field of vision.

You should be checking your blind spots anyway, so you should still know how far away the other cars are...

destrukshn
01-05-2006, 03:34 PM
honda does not supply non-convex mirror glasses, unless it came from factory.. or maybe you can get one from the u.s? or another country that is LHD

EuroDude
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Bummer. I do always check my blind spot, I just hate mirrors that modify true distance, which can be a biatch when parking.

Maybe I'll ask the guys at the tsx forums.

EuroAccord13
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Windscreen repairers such as Windscreen O'Briens will do flat mirrors for you...

corn_flakes
01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
god i love those mirrors!

i don't like the 1:1 mirrors....these mirrors give u a better depth of field, which i find more important when driving rather than parking....

i like to be able to easily see the cars around me...

my dad's falcon has even more convex mirrors and i like it better....and i reckon it's easier to park with them - u can easily see when your rear wheel is gonna hit the curb...

EuroDude
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
r u serious? I cant stand it. If it was just a wider view then it'll be ok I guess, but the distance factor is what deters me.

thx EA13, I may check out Windscreen O'Briens

patchwick
03-09-2006, 07:30 PM
you guys know where can i get custom cut of convex mirrors....my spoon side mirror's glass broke..and needs to be replace by a convex type glass
hope you guys can help me..tnx

maracer
03-09-2006, 07:50 PM
r u serious? I cant stand it. If it was just a wider view then it'll be ok I guess, but the distance factor is what deters me.

thx EA13, I may check out Windscreen O'Briens
I'm with you can't stand them!

aaronng
03-09-2006, 07:59 PM
My brain has adjusted to the left side mirror that I find the right side mirror being zoomed in too much. LOL.

EuroDude
03-09-2006, 08:26 PM
haha well ive kindof gotten used to it, but I still get in a sticky situation merging left, I sometimes end up merging right in front of the other car since it looks twice as far in the mirror lol. *calls O'Briens*

Zdster
03-09-2006, 08:27 PM
In reference to this topic, please check your local state authorities as I was told that in Victoria it is illegal to run the Japanese mirrors on (a civic) due to the mirror being concave while the stock mirrors are 1:1.

you guys know where can i get custom cut of convex mirrors....my spoon side mirror's glass broke..and needs to be replace by a convex type glass
hope you guys can help me..tnx

If you are in Melbourne I can suggest a place.

EuroAccord13
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
You can remove the glass and go to O'Briens to have a flat one made up, they do that...

patchwick
03-09-2006, 11:48 PM
O'Briens? where is that?..is that here in sydney?..sorry im a bit new here in australia...flat one means the normal sight of mirror am i right?..coz i need the convex type...the one that has a wide sight ..i appreciate the reply guys thanks!

EuroDude
04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Windscreens O'Briens website~
http://www.obrienglass.com.au/

Ask them for a wide angled side mirror replacement

SpeedBird
04-09-2006, 02:10 PM
You can get the Normal Left Mirror only at Acura from the U.S.A
Its about USD $21 plus freight costs to aust.
Make sure you ask for the 2004 Mirror for the TSX. The later models wont work.