PDA

View Full Version : Sub/Amp Installation

scott1e
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi there,

I recently recieved a Boss 12" 600W sub and 4 Channel 800W Boss Amp with heatsink fan..
When it comes to car audio Im a complete noob and have no idea where the cords go ect ect. I purchased the gear with what is apparently 'sufficient cable type/lengths'

Ive come here to see if anyone can reccomend anyone that does installs either VERY CHEAP/FOR FREE..

I have a mate lined up to install the thing but Im really not sure of his capabilities in this field so if someone on OzHonda knew better and was willing to make the trip to Putney which is near Ryde then I'd much rather they have an attempt..

Im also not sure if its possible, but if it is, Id like to amplify my 6.5" splits in the front too..

Cheers,
Scott

marte
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
yeah its possible to hook up ur 6.5's to an amp if you wanted too :) gl with the instalatoin. first time i installed mine i thought i stuffed up horribly but in the end i just forgot my rem. try it with ur mate in the end if u fail come back here :) im not sure how much it costs up in syd but in melbourne for a crappy strathfield instalatoin for 1 sub 1 amp is about 85 bucks for labour, from memory. so try it your selves you'll learn a thing or two and save ur self some money and in the end if he does it buy him a slab! :)

scott1e
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Cheers mate.. Ive spoken to someone from the forums who is asking for $50 and a deck of ciggies to install it.. Id rather not pay obviously.. But if thats what it comes down to in the end then It might have to do..

Obviously I can come to you..

dc2dc2dc2
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
lol @ deck of ciggies.

marte
01-05-2006, 11:55 PM
LOL see if anyone else offers to do it for a slab

bungsai
02-05-2006, 12:25 AM
its dead easy mate.

If someone did a write up, would u do a DIY?

Only way to learn is to start ureself.

EGB16A
02-05-2006, 12:35 PM
just a quick question, what deck are you running? Also, have you got the rca/remote/power cables/ fuses/ speaker wire that your gonna need?

marte
02-05-2006, 02:29 PM
'sufficient cable type/lengths' lol sounds like his got it i think he got the boss package so he should be aight

EGB16A
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
'sufficient cable type/lengths' lol sounds like his got it i think he got the boss package so he should be aight

woops.. my bad. I missed that part.

scott1e
02-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I didnt get the Boss package, I actually bought it off a mate down in Melbourne who said that it has all the cables to run the thing..

He said he'd give me sufficient lengths of thick black/red cables with a ring on one end.. (apparently $70-80 worth) for the extra $30 so I chucked that in..

Thanks alot to marte who wrote me up a little know-how in PM but Im still unsure of what exactly to do..

TRU32U is going to help me out im pretty sure so a big :tup: to him too..

Headunit, Im not quite sure of the model number and am too lazy to run up to the car and check it but its a panasonic h/u.. It does CD/MP3 has subwoofer lpf and something else lol and it has an aux out cable..

scott1e
14-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd like to give a big :tup: to Tony aka TRU32U for helping with the installation of my sub and amp.. He did all of it bar connect to the back of the headunit because I didnt have the keys to get it out :P

Cheers mate

DC5TYPER
14-05-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah its possible to hook up ur 6.5's to an amp if you wanted too :) gl with the instalatoin. first time i installed mine i thought i stuffed up horribly but in the end i just forgot my rem. try it with ur mate in the end if u fail come back here :) im not sure how much it costs up in syd but in melbourne for a crappy strathfield instalatoin for 1 sub 1 amp is about 85 bucks for labour, from memory. so try it your selves you'll learn a thing or two and save ur self some money and in the end if he does it buy him a slab! :)

$85 to fit a 4 channel amp kit is dirt cheap. I would charge you more! Work shops need to make around 45bucks an hour to stay open. It would take more then 2 hours to that sort of a job properly by one person. So watch your mouth before you put crap on companies!

TRU32U
18-05-2006, 04:31 PM
lol thanks scotte
dc5, i agree it does take a while to PROPERLLY install a 4ch amp esp if ur running new speaker cabling.

zorrt
18-05-2006, 08:52 PM
yea primarily cuz you spend most of your time plannin where you want the wiring and removing section of carpets and rear seats panels etc etc. Unless of course you know ur car back to front then its a cinch.

JaCe
23-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I'd like to give a big :tup: to Tony aka TRU32U for helping with the installation of my sub and amp.. He did all of it bar connect to the back of the headunit because I didnt have the keys to get it out :P

Cheers mate

What a nice bloke.

scott1e
23-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Sure is.. He was doing it for a packet of ciggarettes but i scraped $50 together and paid him in the end

JaCe
24-05-2006, 12:01 AM
How's the Bose sound btw? No offence by this but I was under the impression Bose sound systems in cars tended to be 'acoustically tuned' or designed for the specific car model and if installed as if they were a regular sub- it won't sound so great/balanced as it was intended?