PDA

View Full Version : passenger side window is slow

Anthony38
28-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone.

Lately I have been finding my passenger side window very slow when you try to close. The car has alarm which close the passenger and driver windows when you activate the alarm.
I am alittle worry that evenually it wont work anymore as it sounds like its going to die soon.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?? How does it cost get purchase a new motor for windows?

thanks in advance

ICVCI
28-04-2004, 03:30 PM
****** SILICON SPRAY ******

-autobarn
-kmart
-supercheap auto

etc etc

just spray it on the seals and it should work fine. silicon spray prolongs the life of the rubber. and dont be shy using it...

Anthony38
28-04-2004, 03:32 PM
does that help??

where do I spray ??

:)

MrPlow
28-04-2004, 03:51 PM
i have this problem also, but on the drivers side?

will the silicon spray create smears or marks on the window? im guessing you just spray the seals when the window is down? am i correct?

vti-2
28-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Assuming they are power windows check the seals along the window first. If you have felt lined rubbers and the felt (or smooth edges) have been worn, your window will start to slow down when opening/closing. This WILL put strain on your motor and eventually burn it out. If your seals are just normal rubber seals (not felt lined or anything) then the seals have probably just shrunk or deteriorated due to weather conditions (which is gonna happen sooner or later). I've never tried that silicon stuff but have heard it does work good. Alternatively, get new rubber seals. Get ready to pay a lot though if you get them from Honda. :D