PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Injectors?

MrPlow
28-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Quite simple, will bigger injectors in my stock b16a civic give me more power? I know bigger injectors = more fuel, but apart from that if i was to do this what is the best way to go about upgrading them, and which injectors are recommended?

is it worth doing?

poid
28-04-2004, 04:26 PM
no, they wont give you more power. They are only needed if you have an aftermarket ECU and the ones you have cant supply enough fuel (ie you'll need decent mods before the stock ones arent any good).

If you just drop bigger ones in using the stock ECU you'll run pig-rich, if the car runs at all on them

[[d a n n y]]
28-04-2004, 04:54 PM
if u have mods such as aftermarket ECU and camgears that can b tuned for right settings injectors can give u more power

MrPlow
28-04-2004, 05:00 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking.... thanks guys!

EuroAccord13
28-04-2004, 05:16 PM
There is always the cheaper option of an extra injector on the intake pipe..

Just a thought..

CHEERS
Nick

joneblaze
28-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Looks like the question's been answered. :)

wynode
28-04-2004, 06:15 PM
I just unlocked this cause I wanted to bring up the issue of an extra injector.

Personally I wouldn't go that route because you have problems with not getting the same fuel delivery to all cylinders. Hence one might run richer than the other.

But like poid said, stock injectors can cope for a few extra breathing mods with an aftermarket ECU.

fueltank
28-04-2004, 07:48 PM
There is always the cheaper option of an extra injector on the intake pipe..

Just a thought..

CHEERS
Nick

it's an option, but more of a bandaid solution! :P

DynoDave
29-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Just to throw something else in if you want to increase the flow of STD injectors increase the fuel pressure. I have tuned STD injectors at 40psi fuel pressure at up to 123KW's ATW with a tuneable ECU and that was there limit so I do not see the need to go to bigger injector's in a STD engine with a non programmable ECU.
Regards Dyno Dave

fueltank
29-04-2004, 09:23 AM
DynoDave, what do you think is a the safe max duty cycle for injectors? 80? 90?

DynoDave
29-04-2004, 10:09 AM

Up until i used Hondata I would never use above 75% duty but Honda tune at 100% duty cycle which was a surprise to me.I'm still doing more tests on Honda injectors and looking at what works the best as far as Duty Cycle and fuel pressure.
Regards Dyno Dave

fueltank
29-04-2004, 10:20 AM

Up until i used Hondata I would never use above 75% duty but Honda tune at 100% duty cycle which was a surprise to me.I'm still doing more tests on Honda injectors and looking at what works the best as far as Duty Cycle and fuel pressure.
Regards Dyno Daveaight, thanks for that.
let us know what your results are when you come to a conclusion ;)

EuroAccord13
29-04-2004, 11:42 AM
What Wynode said is true...

It's not recommended if you are not turbocharging your car. It's redundant.

Anyways...

CHEERS
Nick