PDA

View Full Version : Where to fit Bodykits?

EK9_boi
02-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi guys,

I'm in mebourne, and would like to ask if any knows of a good (reputable and trustworthy) place to fit a bodykit? No painting needed.

Oh... and how much willl I be expecting to pay?

thanks

Zdster
02-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I am pretty sure that Jetspeed fit kits (although I think they might only fit the ones they sell?).

Why not try and fit it yourself? From what I have read, it is not that difficult.

yourfather
02-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Where are you located

EK9_boi
02-05-2006, 01:29 PM
around Knox, but willing to drive.

Q_ball
02-05-2006, 01:42 PM
If you're jst after body assembly, go to any smash repairs and they'll be able to fit ur kit on!
It'll be like a 50 buck job max as theyre not required to fix anything, jst fit the parts on.
Sprayed tho, it'll cost roughly 300 per part, so 300 each for FB, RB and SS = 900 for sprayed and fitted.

EK9_boi
02-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks, I 'll call my mechie and see if he'll fit the kit. thanks.

Q_ball
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
No probs, its honestly quite an easy job mate, if you got the right tools even you could do it urself!!

EK9_boi
02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
What kind of tools are we talking? I've got reverse sensors on my bumper, I hope the kit's rear underspoiler fits onto the rear bumber rather than replaces it - don't want misaligned sensors cos we're not playing join the dots!!! :eek:

cheers

Q_ball
02-05-2006, 02:22 PM
wat kinda kit do you have??

EK9_boi
02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I haven't got it here yet in the process of purchasing it- the Mugen kit for the new CIVIC prob get here early than my CIVIC Sport! The sale of this car's gone mad! the dealer I got it from sells on average 16 of these per week since it's been released in Aus!

But as for the kit, it's painted. But not sure whether the the rear underspoiler is actually a separate part to the rest of the bumper or not - hard to tell from the pics.

https://online.mugen-power.com/cimg/W_907.pjpeg

let me know what you think.

cheers

yourfather
02-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I took my car to this place in Mitcham, fitted, sprayed rear bumper, side skirts and front bumper + lip installation, 600 bucks

Ask Atjo, he seems to know them better than I do.

Zdster
02-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I haven't got it here yet in the process of purchasing it- the Mugen kit for the new CIVIC prob get here early than my CIVIC Sport! The sale of this car's gone mad! the dealer I got it from sells on average 16 of these per week since it's been released in Aus!

Sounds cool - looking forward to pics.

Now if it is genuine Mugen you would hope that the kit has excellent fitment. If that is the case, all you will need is some fitting hardware (screws, washers etc) and it should just be a straight on fit (maybe get a mate to assist in snugging it up).

EK9_boi
03-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds cool - looking forward to pics.

Now if it is genuine Mugen you would hope that the kit has excellent fitment. If that is the case, all you will need is some fitting hardware (screws, washers etc) and it should just be a straight on fit (maybe get a mate to assist in snugging it up).

Yep just confirmed. If I order now the kit should arrive BEFORE the car! the Dealer called and said July! :thumbdwn: Man, I need to hunt down those two people ahead of me in line for a Black Sport and make them cancel their order forcibly!!! ;) Pics in 3mths probably!

cheers

Atjo
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I took my car to this place in Mitcham, fitted, sprayed rear bumper, side skirts and front bumper + lip installation, 600 bucks

The kit that you ordered is original right? I think if original kit you can do it by yourself. It's a clip on like the original bumper. I remember that original kit come with installation guide. Also rear part only lip not full bumper.

If you need to paint the kit i can recommend RE Customs cause they did a good job on painting & fitting my mugen kit for my euro. The quality of the paint excellent :thumbsup: Try call RE Customs (9543 6255) ask for Ray and tell him i refer you to him. http://www.recustoms.com.au/

Daniel

EK9_boi
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
The kit that you ordered is original right? I think if original kit you can do it by yourself. It's a clip on like the original bumper. I remember that original kit come with installation guide. Also rear part only lip not full bumper.

If you need to paint the kit i can recommend RE Customs cause they did a good job on painting & fitting my mugen kit for my euro. The quality of the paint excellent :thumbsup: Try call RE Customs (9543 6255) ask for Ray and tell him i refer you to him. http://www.recustoms.com.au/

Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I'll just need fitment as I'm gonna go for the painted option - the spray painters can' treally go too wrong with black can they??? :o

cheers

yourfather
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
well, depends on what kinda paint I suppose. I thought I'd have no issues with my

Adriatic Blue Pearl. But it depends on how they apply it and etc.

Plus it's a new car so differences in colour shouldn't be a problem!

kookie
13-05-2006, 06:45 AM

how was the fitting and spray???

Zdster
13-05-2006, 12:06 PM
how was the fitting and spray???

From what I saw at the last meet, it looked pretty good.

EK9_boi
15-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Ok, I ordered my Mugen kit for my Civic Sport, let's see which arrives first! I hope that the kit arrives first actually, so I can get it fitted before it rolls on the street - you think the Honda service center will fit it? I guess they should considering the cash factor!

I'll post some pics in about 3mths!

cheers

stephen8512
15-05-2006, 12:25 PM
ohhhhhhhh fk yeah!
u'll be the first person with the new civic with the new mugen dominator kit!
that will look fkn sweeet!
all the best mate! post pics when u done!!!!

RBR_01
15-05-2006, 12:33 PM
dmd? they do pretty good fits

EK9_boi
15-05-2006, 12:48 PM
ohhhhhhhh fk yeah!
u'll be the first person with the new civic with the new mugen dominator kit!
that will look fkn sweeet!
all the best mate! post pics when u done!!!!

Actually, I may be the 2nd, I'm aware that someone in Perth ordered a little while before me - but I don't think that his is black (you know who you are - pls confirm) but mine will be black - there seems to be considerable interest in the JDM Concept thread so we may not be the only 2 here at OzHonda. ;)

I'm thinking of keeping the front grill and getting it resprayed in graphite color so it's more sporty, the chrome finish just doesn't do it for me - unfortunately, I'm also a bit iffy about the Mugen grill...

I'll keep you posted though.

cheers

Atjo
15-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Just becareful when you ask a workshop to fit the kit for you. If the kit is painted it wouldn't take more than few hours to do it and if the workshop ask you to leave it overnight more than likely he will make a copy from your kit. Someone in melbourne ordered the mugen kit like yours and get copied.

EK9_boi
15-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Just becareful when you ask a workshop to fit the kit for you. If the kit is painted it wouldn't take more than few hours to do it and if the workshop ask you to leave it overnight more than likely he will make a copy from your kit. Someone in melbourne ordered the mugen kit like yours and get copied.

Thanks for the heads up Atjo! :thumbsup:

Are you saying there's someone else with the Mugen kit in Melbourne already??? :eek:

cheers

Atjo
15-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up Atjo! :thumbsup:

Are you saying there's someone else with the Mugen kit in Melbourne already??? :eek:

cheers

That's what my friend told me, i haven't seen the car.

EK9_boi
15-05-2006, 03:55 PM
That's what my friend told me, i haven't seen the car.

Hope it's not black!!!

I guess copies are bound to be made anyway... that's why places like Carmate exists!

BTW, I think it's absolutely despicable for copying to occur. If it ain't the real thing, it's a stealing.

cheers

tanalasta
17-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Which is why I went for the original Modulo / Honda kit. I've seen at least one or two of these on the road (or on the showroom with a big "sold" sign attached to it). I agree the Mugen kit looks awesome but I just went for the genuine Honda accessory.

Mind you, painted & fitted it costs about the same.

EK9_boi
17-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I agree the Mugen kit looks awesome but I just went for the genuine Honda accessory.

Mind you, painted & fitted it costs about the same.

That's why I'd went with Mugen! :p

Cheers

EK9_boi
22-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Hey Atjo, I'd just called up RE and they said that they want to keep it over night - are they still trustworthy? How long did they take for your car and how much did they quote you for the fitting?

thanks

Atjo
22-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey Atjo, I'd just called up RE and they said that they want to keep it over night - are they still trustworthy? How long did they take for your car and how much did they quote you for the fitting?

thanks

I don't know how much if only for fitting cause last time i did painting & fitting for $800. It should be less than that. Did you speak to Ray & tell him that i refer you to him? He's trustworthy cause one of my friend also ask him to fit genuine fabulous bodykit for his e-class. He do the fitting very careful & only 2 people working in his workshop so sometime it will take a bit longer. If possible ask him to do it in one day, you go to his place early in the morning (around 9) and wait until finish.

shane_stubbs
22-05-2006, 05:17 PM
hi where about r u gettin ur kit put on? wots the name off da placE?

Zdster
22-05-2006, 08:31 PM
hi where about r u gettin ur kit put on? wots the name off da placE?

Daniel

Please read through the thread before posting. It is pretty clear on the last page.

JaCe
22-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Can u guys tell me how much u paid for the Mugen Kit and how much it was to get it installed (or if you did it yourself)?

air23box
23-05-2006, 02:41 AM

thanks
If they have time you should be able to leave the car early in the morning and pickup by the end of the day......no way you need to keep the car overnite coz you dun need paint job......sounds doggy to me.....I go to auswide in ringwood.....know them for long time and they do a good job......

EK9_boi
23-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Can u guys tell me how much u paid for the Mugen Kit and how much it was to get it installed (or if you did it yourself)?

JaCe, see this thread for prices:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40261

IMO Mugen looks better than the modulo and for a similar price it was the obvious choice between the two. The look is not as "wild" as the DC5R kit but adds a sense of aggressive sporty-ness that the Modulo falls short of. My gf thinks that I'm turning the car into a gangsta-mobile... Me thinks Mugen is just cool!

If you go the painted option, I've been quoted $200-250 for fitting professionally

If they have time you should be able to leave the car early in the morning and pickup by the end of the day......no way you need to keep the car overnite coz you dun need paint job......sounds doggy to me.....I go to auswide in ringwood.....know them for long time and they do a good job......

Thanks, just what I was thinking when they said overnight, I think I'l be insisting on same day delivery or I'll just go elsewhere that can do it - I'll check out the place but I'll need the contact details please.

Did you speak to Ray & tell him that i refer you to him? He's trustworthy cause one of my friend also ask him to fit genuine fabulous bodykit for his e-class. He do the fitting very careful & only 2 people working in his workshop so sometime it will take a bit longer. If possible ask him to do it in one day, you go to his place early in the morning (around 9) and wait until finish.

I spoke to a guy called Lochy...Ray was busy I presume. But I'd heard him converse with Ray in the background and that's the price and time they had quoted - I think when the kit arrives, I'll speak with Ray personally and mention you, Daniel. Thanks for all your help.

Just can't wait - 7 weeks seems longer than ever now! :(

cheers

toE
23-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Let us know when you get it fitted.
Would like to know if there are any issues with fitment, etc. :)

panda[cRx]
23-05-2006, 12:45 PM
It'll be like a 50 buck job max as theyre not required to fix anything, jst fit the parts on.

dude that is not even an hours labour at most workshops!

would be more than that as no kits fit perfectly so there is a little messing around

yourfather
23-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Do you reckon that you'd be able to do it at your work, panda?

JaCe
24-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I wish there were more places in Sydney... you guys seem to have heaps of stuff down in Melb!

Thx for the price list link.

EDIT: OMGOMGOMG THAT GEAR LOOKS ****ing awesome. I wish I didn't get the Honda spoiler- should've gotten a huge rear wing! Maybe I'll wait until later since I already paid $500 for the spoiler which I fit to my car at the moment.

EK9_boi
06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
My Mugen Bodykit's arrived! should be delivered to Melb from Syd next week most likely. But sadly, no car as yet :(

JaCe
11-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I heard Mugen kit was meant to be a clip-on affair?

EK9_boi
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I heard Mugen kit was meant to be a clip-on affair?

I think it is, but There are special sealant/glue/cement that ensures it doesn't fall off, and also "integrates" the kit onto the car so it doesn't look "tacked" on.

I'll get it professionally fitted once car shows up...It's looking like late July now, the dealer called and said that if you have not received a definate date by last Friday, then it's coming at the end of the month...:( not really happy about the delay... I was expecting to be driving it now... :thumbdwn:

cheers

Update: Car is to landed on July 25th and should be available 3-5 working days from then...:(

JaCe
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
You have been waiting a very long time :) Good luck with everything! Be sure to post pics!