PDA

View Full Version : Hands up those with topnotch suspension

crx51
03-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Hey all, just thought id get everyone on this site who has a go kart for the road to let us know what you've done to your car suspension wise.

What brand and model of adjustable shocks do you use? (eg cusco zero2r)
Would you recommend them or buy them again?
A brief description of what they are like on the road? (handling and ride)
What spring rates etc do you run?

There are a lot of suspension threads some of which are reviews i know but i have looked through the search function and i think this would form a valuable archiveable thread for people wanting to know what people think of their suspension. Going to a fulcrum suspension store you will be told to go tein, go to a buddy club stockist they'll tell you buddy club. Thing is there is a lot of combined experience in this forum and a lot of you have experienced all different shock setups and different cars with different brands. So give us your experience with your shocks and let us know everything you've encountered loved and hated. :thumbsup:

Scott

CTR Coupe
03-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Suspension:
Spoon tower bars(front and rear), Cusco Zero2 coil overs (dirt spec), whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar(heavy duty mounts and tie bar) and factory 22mm front sway bar.

Would you buy the setup again:
The sway bar would have to be best ‘bang for buck’ upgrade made the biggest difference apart from the coil overs.
The only thing I have against the coil overs is that they don’t go low (the front shocks are extended stroke being dirt race spec) apart from that they are an awesome upgrade over stock and even better than my friends Koni yellow/whiteline spring setup. For the money I paid for them I couldn’t have got a better setup (was a special and is no longer available).

Ride quality and handling:
I run the rears on the lowest setting (turn it up for track and spirited driving) driving around town and it’s not too bad, still a bit rough compared to the factory setup.

Handling is awesome the increase in grip is great even with crappy tires, there is massive difference.
The rear sway bar helps combat the factory understeer and gives the car a more neutral feel (tail happy when really pushed).

Spring rates:
3.9k front and 2.9k rear these rates are fairly soft for track work (these are designed to be used on dirt).
The sway bar is run on its lowest (soft) setting. I haven’t felt the need to adjust it.

crx51
03-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Suspension:
Spoon tower bars(front and rear), Cusco Zero2 coil overs (dirt spec), whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar(heavy duty mounts and tie bar) and factory 22mm front sway bar.

Nice mate nice. Ive been looking around for the right suspension since before i even got the car. Cusco zero2 are a nice looking bit of kit and ive heard a lot of good things bout them. Everyone rates the nonfactory sway bars dont they- that'll have to be my first mod to see what all the raving is about.

Come on people anyone else with a suspesion setup worthy of talk?

Jomsy
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
cusco zero2 with for memory 12 and 8kg springs and std itr swaybars, they are all business just point and steer at just about any speed , gon't go with teins from my experience they are noisy and wear out rather quick(the pillow ball mount and crome on strut) compared to the cusco's

SLOWEGG
04-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Cusco Zero 2 spring rates are 8/6 ..