PDA

View Full Version : Rolling the Guards

amelia
03-05-2006, 12:26 PM
hay guys, at the moment i have my s2, rolling on 19's. and i currently have a set of King Springs that i want to install, the problem being that when i install the springs, my tyres WILL SIT on the guard & also the plastic mudguard inside the guard., so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, if so what was the issue or hardest part of rolling the guards. Also did you do it yourself or get some one to do it for you??? alll info is appreciated ;)

robert112
03-05-2006, 01:09 PM
do a search uleh

amelia
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
i have, and was wanting to know if anyone has done it on their S2k!

AusS2000
03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
You don't want to know my opinion.

ROLLED
03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
From what I understand, "rolling the guards" will not physically push the guards out. I believe that all it does it push the metal bit under the guard that sits horizontally upwards towards the edge of the guard so that it will give a bit more clearance. You should get a professional to do it because you need to use a heat gun to heat the paint and if you dont know what your doing then you can crack the paint easily.

ROLLED
03-05-2006, 06:49 PM
also post up some pics of your car in the gallery!

BRU51N
14-05-2006, 04:52 PM
the king spring super lows arent very low, u should fit the 19's fine under the guards even after lowering it.

+40 offset on the rears i went 3.5" and it was fine.. it was just the fronts that scrub, u would only need to roll your front guards.

ROLLED
14-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Recently on s2ki there was a discussion about swapping the rear CVs from left to right, a bandaid fix to a serious problem, the reason for this was because the drive shafts wear out if you lower the s2k. I was speaking to the particular owner of the car last night and he was saying his cars good for another 2 years or so with the swapped CVs. His car is lowered on King Springs too... and this incident occured after a year of being lowered.

Just a word of caution!