PDA

View Full Version : Crx Delsol 1/4 mile times..

anfz
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey guys just wondering what do stock honda crx delsol go 1/4 mile ? would they be faster than a teg gsi ?

rakfint
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm a little bit hazy on this subject also, as I was thinking about buying a del sol but ended up getting a GSI tegs.. I have heard from del sol owners they are not overly fast stock one guy even suggested his ran a 17 second quarter mile which I know is way too slow seeing as my CXI ek civic ran a 16.3.

Either way i'd be extremely keen to get someone with a stock del sol to come to the drags with me in my stock GSI, i'm hopefuly going to heathcote sunday.. anyone??

czy_sol87
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
they should run around a 15-16s stock, not really sure cause ive never ran mine on a drag strip before

j-specAccord
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
theyre about the same as the integra gsi.. high 15s stock

anfz
03-05-2006, 11:00 PM
so they cant compare to the prelude 5th gen or integra vtir 1/4 mile stock ?

Felix
03-05-2006, 11:05 PM
so they cant compare to the prelude 5th gen or integra vtir 1/4 mile stock ?

With a great driver it can. I'd expect mid 15s from a delsol. Great car if you are going to mod it though.

anfz
03-05-2006, 11:16 PM
crx are quite high reving compared to a integra vtir or prelude went for a drive in one today and they hit the 8000rpm mark if not more with no dramas the owner rekons he could hit 9000rpm although its not too good for the engine im not expert just letting ya know what he said

czy_sol87
03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
crx are quite high reving compared to a integra vtir or prelude went for a drive in one today and they hit the 8000rpm mark if not more with no dramas the owner rekons he could hit 9000rpm although its not too good for the engine im not expert just letting ya know what he said
is this a stock delsol, cause u cant hit 9000rpm, in a stock b16a2, its rev limited to 8200rpm

anfz
03-05-2006, 11:48 PM
well the one that i was in only had an exhaust thats what i know off, hes an auto engineer so i dunno what kind of mod he could have done but theres nothing visible engine wise by looking at it

czy_sol87
04-05-2006, 12:01 AM
he would have to bypass the stock rev limiter, but if the car is stock there is no point reving it to 9k anyway. u only need to rev ur car to where it makes power anymore and it would be useless and risk engine damage

anfz
04-05-2006, 12:12 AM
do you think high 14's are possible to obtain for n/a engine like a delsol ? what kinds of mods would you need ?

czy_sol87
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
have a look at this thread it might give u an idea of what u can do
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19495,
as for 1/4 times, i really cant tell u cause my car is stock and i've never run it down the 1/4, but it really does depend on what condition the engine is in and how good the driver is, u could put a shit driver into a type r and he would still run 17's, its all about skill, and power does help lol

crx51
04-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Of all the reviews in motor and wheels magazine that i have seen of the b16 crx they only make low 16s for the quarter mile. Around the 16.3 mark carrying close to 140kmh over the line. That is on a proper correvit and stuff and they generally run at least a half tank and its generally a two way average. But on a dead flat track and perfect day they'll still struggle to crack a 16flat. This is on a correvit though, if you take one to willowbank or something im sure you'll run slightly quicker. Times are always about 0.3s quicker out at the strips than motor and wheels achieve on the correvit. They aren't rockets but they are certainly full of potential and sound full on!

czy_sol87
04-05-2006, 12:57 AM
yeh they do sound full on, but what honda doesnt with a pod
why do u need to go so fast when u look so good :D

JasonGilholme
04-05-2006, 05:44 AM
why do u need to go so fast when u look so good :D

Exactly right mate!!!

DLO01
04-05-2006, 07:51 AM
I did a ET of 16.050 on my second ever run at Willowbank in my Delsol. Car was stock except for CAI and heavy ass rims & Goodyear Eagle F1's. Plus I also found my CAI came off at the Throttle body after the run.

I have seen documentation of 15.7 for a stock Delsol.

Hope that helps.

BTW: Nice Avatar Jason. Top car that one was sad to see it go. :thumbsup:

rakfint
04-05-2006, 12:21 PM
wow, not a bad time, nice speed for a stock 1.6 comapred to alot of other cars in its league.

As I said, I ran a 16.3 in my NON vtec 97 model civic, also 1.6. It was stock, just had pod and cannon muffler. If anyone is in Melb and wants to take thier car down the strip just for fun, come along to heathcote this sunday, I should be taking my stock GSI down.

Can meet up beforehand if anyone wants???

Twincam16
15-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Will bump this up for some new info from my race at tonight Wicked Wednesday Meet - WSID

My Run - First Timer

Model: 1997 Crx Delsol
Engine: B16a2
Power: 130hp/wheels = 98kw/w (Dyno Dynamics Shootout - Castle Hill Exhaust)
Mods: X-force Headers + Exhaust, all else stock.
Best E.T & MPH : 15.512 @ 89.39mph
60ft: 2.268
Tyres: 14" Stockers up front on 18psi (for above run), 18's on back.
Notes: Slightly slipping clutch, Pretty bad shocks, Full tank of fuel, 7000rpm launch for above.

My mate was also there who pulled a 15.6 with HD clutch & 4kg flywheel his first runs also.

Edit: Times were consistent from 15.5-15.7 and a shitty 16.041 run as well.

saxman
16-11-2006, 06:30 AM
I've ran a couple times... wish I could recall my trap speed, best ET was 15.9s

for a D16Z6 powered del sol, short ram intake and dc exhaust manifold.. all else stock.

A b16 powered sol should have no problems running in the mid to high 15's with a decent driver. Just keep the 17" wheels and the stereo equiptment away.

Twincam16
16-11-2006, 09:20 AM
No joke, I think its really possible to crack the 14's in a basically stock delsol.

Heard that the rear bar acts as a parachute and its possible to remove .3 seconds off E.T by creating a lightweight diffuser or chopping it.

Add some slicks for 8000rpm launch, new clutch and better shocks, CAI, retune and im there... Needs way more low-midrange torque though, so an upgraded ITB & Manifold would be a good start.

rakfint
16-11-2006, 10:39 AM
wow this thread is ancient hehe

I still didn't end up getting a del sol, still driving the GSI around... ran a 15.8 at heathcote though.... del sol may or may not be slower buteither way, they're alot more unique.

saxman
16-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Heard that the rear bar acts as a parachute and its possible to remove .3 seconds off E.T by creating a lightweight diffuser or chopping it.
Abso-freaking-lutely.

Been working with a couple people with a few different diffuser designs... one guy had one already to test until it was ran over by someone else backing out of a garage... that'll teach him to leave it laying around!

Twincam16
16-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Saxman - what materials and designs have they come up with so far? Very interesting...

Any information on net about these you might know of>? Cant find a thing!!

barefootbonzai
17-11-2006, 08:53 AM
No joke, I think its really possible to crack the 14's in a basically stock delsol.

Add some slicks for 8000rpm launch, new clutch and better shocks, CAI, retune and im there... Needs way more low-midrange torque though, so an upgraded ITB & Manifold would be a good start.

that's not really stock no is it?

you should do it and find out.

saxman
17-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Saxman - what materials and designs have they come up with so far? Very interesting...

Any information on net about these you might know of>? Cant find a thing!!
originally, I was actually working out designs to make and produce rear diffusers in carbon. Unfortunately, life took a turn that won't let me do that... so I can't do that anymore. Recent endeavors have been using thin guage sheet metal. basically running from the rear subframe to the bottom of the bumper, trying to maintain an ~5 degree angle to minimize drag(can go a little higher for more downforce, but first and foremost we're trying to minimize drag here, not just make downforce), and closing off the bumper from air flow that way. I'll see if I can't find some pictures of what's been done in that regards so far.

Twincam16
17-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks saxman. Interested in this. Going to get some large cardboard tomorrow morning from somewhere and take it to my mates workshop to measure up under car.

If you can send some links for pics would be appreciated. Thanks Sax

Edit: If this gets done in next few weeks, will run the car down 1/4 again and see what difference it has made to my ET without any changing mods.

saxman
17-11-2006, 02:31 PM
you've got main twincam

Twincam16
19-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks Saxman. Most likely going to use aluminium instead of fiberglass or mdf.