PDA

View Full Version : heat sheild on filter?

G-nos
03-05-2006, 07:42 PM
if i put a heat sheild on a filter... would the sound level get minimize?? or it wouldnt make any difference..

coz i love the sound im getting of the pod filter. specially when i vtec hits..

Nuttz
03-05-2006, 07:51 PM
it depends on how thick your sheilding is.

mrwillz
03-05-2006, 07:58 PM
i got one on..
cant tell if it make it less louder cos of my exhaust
i use my heatshield for the purposes of blocking heat from radiator..

dsp26
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
if you get the half ones from supercheap that you attach to your pod it semi works in shielding heat and doesn't affect induction noise.

get something like this then it actually works, slightly higher pitched induction noise and is 100% legal!!! :thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/dsp26/Intake/Intake.jpg

however, something like the following picture from DRIFT or the K&N Apollo would be the most ideal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/dsp26/Intake/DRIFT_CAI.jpg

G-nos
03-05-2006, 08:25 PM
thankz guyz.. done and done hehe... i aint getting supercheap stuff haha...

i got monoza or somethign like that hehe just put it in.. ands all good.. dsnt make a diff.. still sounds good and looks good hehe...

go the JDM.. hehe

dundas
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Hmmz.. monza= autotechnica =supercheap, autobarn, sprints, repco. basically most places have autotechnica.. thought id just let u know man.

_CiVIC_
04-05-2006, 03:40 PM
a heatshield will not reduce the sound of the pod filter when vtec engages.. you will still have the sound which may in a way be a bit more louder due to the echo of the heat shield. Good heat shields are made from stainless steel, a stronger grade that will reduce any heat in that area. It won't block out the heat 100% but it will probably reduce the heat by about 60%

SiReal
04-05-2006, 03:53 PM
combined with a CAI = ****

_CiVIC_
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
combined with a CAI = ****

true true! :thumbsup:

mugeneration
12-05-2006, 10:04 PM
A good pod filter setup will feature a heatshield which will take up a similar amount of room as your regular filter box (this is street sue im talkin bout btw). A large, properly made and fitted heat shield box will keep a lot of heat out, and will look a lot more legal than a regular pod (which is illegal to have without a proper shield. Combine this with a CAI for best performance. A lot of guys out there get booked for not having this type of shield on their pods. Personally i reckon its coz if its a box the cops just think its OEM and dont think its a pod and dont book you ;)

kookie
13-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Cops don't know much about cars,
if they are being bastards they will find something to book you on
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR