PDA

View Full Version : Ozhonda reopened

wynode
12-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi all,

It's been a busy week for me juggling fulltime work and getting the forums back up and running. However you will be glad to know that no data has been corrupted to date. Just email addresses stolen.

Before we get to the reason the site was down have a look at this thread (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=709789#post709789) for information regarding problems with the site and what has/hasn't changed.

The reason I closed down the site was so that we could adress the 'hacking' and also upgrade the forums.

In regards to the comments made on that other site I would like to clearup some things.

1. The moderators corner is there to discuss things out of the view of the public. Comments made there that the mods are bitching about users is absolutely false. That forum is there for moderators to talk about how they do there work and what wasn't mentioned were all the guidelines they have to follow. Most forums have a hidden forum for moderators and we are no exception. Things said there were meant to be in private (just like your PMs) and we will NOT be discussing any of the threads posted on that other site which were taken out of the mods corner.

2. Accusations were made that in regards to traders/advertisers that I do not charge them GST. This is true and it would be illegal to charge them GST as I am not registered for it. I don't have to be. Go look at the ato website and do a bit of research and you'll know that this is true.

3. Racist/slandorous/abusive comments were made about all the moderators and they were also abused via SMS. The person responsible obviously has no consideration for others to tolerate and encourage such behaviour. All he/she has ended up doing is publicising private user details and we have already lodged complaints with the relevant authorities.

4. If you receive SPAM from that site I suggest you first try and block that email address. Or else contact your ISP and report it to them.

EDIT:
I think the mods on here should also be given some credit due to the hard work they have done and moreso due to the stick they have had to put up with over the last few weeks. I realise the community is created thanks to all you users (never doubted that) but the mods do a LOT of work behind the scenes and deserve a "thank you" as opposed to abuse.

That's it for now but i'll update this thread as we go along

j3z3z
12-05-2006, 10:34 PM
wyn what ever you do dont change shit ozhonda was good as it was

wynode
12-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I think the mods on here should also be given some credit due to the hard work they have done and moreso due to the stick they have had to put up with over the last few weeks. I realise the community is created thanks to all you users (never doubted that) but the mods do a LOT of work behind the scenes and deserve a "thank you" as opposed to abuse.

vtec_jet
12-05-2006, 11:27 PM
i agree. nothing should change, moderators have a right 2 have their own threads and forums to discuss wateva they need to discuss, i dun think its any of our business personally which iz why i neva went thru that corrupted site, and secondly i do appreciatte the work that all modz do on this site, and i have no complaints wateva is done is by good decision making .. they put up with most of the shit and we just use your resources..... im glad to see OH iz bak up coz now i ave sumn 2 do. LOL ...

good luk with it all and im hoping we can prevent anythin like this from happening ever again...

cheers, solo

quangsta
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
yerrr i third that....who really cares what mods do behind or on the scene....sites still the best honda site on australia....

and yerr im glad to see OH back on too cause everytime i jumped on the net i would type in the OH site and get the same message 'check back later'

hopefully what happened shifted some of the trouble makers out...

cheers

ngupil
13-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Horraaaayyy OH is backkkkk
die OHsux die!!
great job for admins to do all their work to keep this site up and running again
as others have said, there is nothing that needs to be changed from OH .. except for the things that I have addressed to Trav.
good luck and all the best for OH
everyone, please give them applause :)

dc2dc2dc2
13-05-2006, 12:14 AM
great work wynode....im sure everyone on ozhonda appreciates all the hard work u put into this site and the hard work u put into getting the site back up and running ! WELCOME BACK OZHONDA !!! WHOOOHOOOOO

and....3 cheers for wynode ! hip hip hooooray

Q_ball
13-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm really happy that this site is back up for not only it's members, but for Wynode in particular!!
Great work mate in bringing this site back up!
The events of the past couple weeks will only strengthen the site, and allow it to grow even more! :)

Mashimaro
13-05-2006, 12:30 AM
down with ozhonda!!!!

www.austeg.com

On real note glad its back up for those that spamm ozhonda. I know i use to love spamming here lOL

mugeneration
13-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I am so damn stoked that this site is back up and going. I finally have something semi-constructive and time consuming to do in my free time.

Now, for anyone who was actually cut that a mod may have 'abused' them in the private forum, which as wyn said is not going to be open for discussion, should get over it. Its the nature of life that not everyone will like you all the time. In fact I bet at some point each of us has had a FRIEND say at least one bad thing about each of us, so if you're cut,. i suggest you build a bridge and STFU.

ngupil
13-05-2006, 12:53 AM
i bet no one in this world bitch talked someone else, either your friend or whoever. mod section is there for them to talk about things regarding the site. if you dont like it, screw ur self and get lost.

NeRV
13-05-2006, 12:54 AM
OMG finally... i missed ozhonda... seriously... that other site really bugged me. =)

Mashimaro
13-05-2006, 12:54 AM
I dont like it. All they do in there is bitch bout other memebers. I noe ;)

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 12:55 AM
i suggest you build a bridge and STFU.
it's build a bridge and get over it ;)

DOHCTR Coopz!
13-05-2006, 01:21 AM
it was disturbing.. so much hatred! every kent needs 2 chillax a lil.. FINALLY I GOT SOMETHING TO DISTRACT ME FROM MY STUDIES!!! :)

Kandy
13-05-2006, 02:22 AM
Glad its back :P

I have something to look at instead of getting lured by the banks! I signed up for a few credit cards while the site was down -_- Damn got approved for an Amex so far!!! How can I say no to more credit...

CUL8R
13-05-2006, 06:28 AM
like i said in the other thread its great to have OH back. kudos to all the mods and a huge thank you to wyn and the team to get OH back up.

r`Geno
13-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Top job Wyn :thumbsup:

_CiVIC_
13-05-2006, 09:38 AM
so much scandal HAHAHA

nevertheless ITS BACKKKKKKKKKKKK w00t w00t!

DreadAngel
13-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Top job guys, thanks for everything! You guys deserve the praise of all the members of Ozhonda!

T-onedc2
13-05-2006, 02:00 PM
"Stop hatin' and start participatin'! hehehe........."
That's what I say, lol, good to be back.

Vlas
13-05-2006, 02:07 PM
its good to hear that OZHONDA is back up now hope to get everything back to normal :honda: :)

mugeneration
13-05-2006, 03:28 PM
it's build a bridge and get over it ;) lol yes obviously, was trying to say something kind of uncliched in order to add some humour to it. Oh well

fly_vti
13-05-2006, 05:52 PM
no need to be rude guys

Apple
13-05-2006, 06:49 PM
thanks for bringing the site back up... I always check into ozhonda every few days, to read up about Hondas... so thanks.. =)

as disturbing and racists, as ozhondasux is... it also brought out the truth about how alot of members feel about ozhonda and the mods... i'm sure we've all learnt from this... and will move on from now...

once again, thanks for bringing the site back up!

Boy_Integra
13-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Yay OZHONDA is back! :P Thank you Mr Wyn and everyone involved for the return was missing the site quite a bit! :p

all_motor_baby
13-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Thnx to all those behind the scenes who helped bring bak the site and Mr Wyn :D i've missed this place.

wynode
17-05-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd also like to point out that I have (and will be) busy fixing up the 'minor' probems since the upgrade and since Ozhonda was re-opened.

But as soon as that is done we will start addressing issues that were raised before the recent events (such as moderators banning users and those other problems).

Just letting you all know that things haven't just been swept under the rug :)

matt
17-05-2006, 10:56 PM
your doing a great job wyn, im glad to see the site back up, and that you trying to make it even better. thumbsup

Q_ball
17-05-2006, 11:00 PM
your doing a great job wyn, im glad to see the site back up, and that you trying to make it even better. thumbsup
Respect to that!

Lukezen27
21-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice work guys :)

I’m glade your back...

I’ve haven’t had one problem in the years I’ve using this site!

LukeZen

And just look what they did it my Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

JaCe
21-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I also reckon OH was fine- it's ironic that the other site set out to prove that a forum could be run well without mods... and then look what happened whenever someone tried to ask a serious Q! LOL.

Btw.. I also am supportive of the mods- it's not an easy job; and if I'm not mistaken- they do it for free don't they?

toE
21-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Btw.. I also am supportive of the mods- it's not an easy job; and if I'm not mistaken- they do it for free don't they?

Nah..I get hugs n kisses. So...

joonix
21-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm glad to see that that OzHonda is back up and running.

Whilst I totally support the moderators and appreciate the effort that they put into this community, I've got to say that was one of the most comprehensive ownings in recent times. Quite funny at the time.

JaCe
22-05-2006, 08:31 PM
It was funny.. until I realised they were kindof serious and weren't gonna let OH get back to business.

ECU-MAN
22-05-2006, 10:07 PM
yes the ownometer was redlined indeed.

Thanks everyone for your support. and yes we do this for free

wynode
22-05-2006, 11:31 PM
LOL@ownermeter being redlined.

But thanks for the feedback everyone. Mods like to know they are being appreciated :)