PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for CRX - quality powerful system

crx51
13-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Hi all
Im currently trying to toss up what exhaust to go for on my ef8 crx d16a8 engine.
Ive looked at the skunk2 and the tanabe super medallion, ive also looked at the fujitsubo legalis R and PG/RM01 as well.
Im not after an exhaust to be buddy club spec 2 loud but i certainly want to get all the power out of this little engine that i can so a restrictive exhaust is not acceptable. I also want 'some' aggressiveness to the note, but not overly so.
On looks id buy the fujitsubo legalis in a single second but i saw a thread on here (yes i have searched, spent last 90mins reading threads) that said they are restrictive! Anyone else have an opinion on this?
What exhaust would you recommend for a good spread of noticeable power for my car without being 110db or anything ridiculous? Price isnt too much a concern (upto 1200 ish for catback).
Everyones opinion would be appreciated.
Regards Scott

iamhappy46
13-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I went for a custom made system on an ED6. Total cost was under $1000 including extractors for stainless steel extractors, 2¼" hi-flow metal biscuit catalytic converter, 2¼" piping, hot dog and a dual 2½" exit muffler. It was reasonably quiet until VTEC kicked in...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2101817