PDA

View Full Version : Yeahs Max Ice

Krisi-G
13-05-2006, 05:18 PM
hey guys im still a bit of a newbie with my civic but i have purchased sunvisor screens,headrest screens wrapped in black leather with a one off white stich,2 pairs of earthquake 6x5 component speakers,2x1000Wt amps,alpine dvd player and my 2 12"subs are coming in soon there fusion powerplants,but then i have to get my other two 1600WT mono blocks :) big grin on my face i pick up my order in a week
yeahhha here are sum picks for u guys to take a preview of some of the equipment. PS. more screens in two weeks. followed by custom install by GCC i hope on the custom install see what happens with money but for now all the isual and yeahha oh yeah anyone know what are the best 6x9 speakers to get with impeccable treble thanks

Fr3aKi3
13-05-2006, 06:08 PM
wow..... be sure to post some pics up when it's all installed.

As for 6x9's, i've got a set of Pioneer TS-d691R. They're pretty nice, at low-mid volumes they sound preatty good but when volume is turned up they vocals and high tones (the treble basically) is a bit too strong. At low to mid volumes they're good, turn then up and they're too bright. This may balance out to a certain degree since you've also got 2 12" subs and i've only got a single 10" Boston Pro10.5.

Focal 690CV sounded very nice to me, nice balance of bass and treble.
Another option would be Soundstream SST6.9, I liked the sound of these as well although the treble didn't seem as sharp as the focal. The bass seemed to drown out the vocals but this might be fixed with a bit of tuning.
The Focal and Soundstream 6x9 retailed from 250-300, other options would be:

Boston Acoustic - S95, SX95, SL95
Alpine - SPS690A, SPR69LP
Clarion - SRR6986
MB Quart - DKE169
Eclipse - SP6900, SA8394
Diamond Audio - D391i
Digital Designs (apparenty each 6x9 weighs 8kg!) - DD6x9
Rockford Fosgate (personally i think they're a bit on the bright side and the treble is just too much).

arverson
13-05-2006, 06:42 PM
sounds like a decent setup. hard to judge/comment tho without model #'s. but hey doesnt matter wat we think, longs ur happy with it once its all in :)

y the need for 6x9s?? youve got 2 pairs of components/splits already, sooo aernt u just gonna have 1 pair up front, 1 pair in the rear??

wat size r the stock rears?? do u have rear speakers in the parcel shelf AND the rear doors?? if not, dw bout 6x9s n just install 1 pair of ur splits back there

GL with the install, have heard nuthin but good things bout GCCS :)

Fr3aKi3
13-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Chances are the rears would be 6x9's.

Oh.... i didn't realise all the gear was getting installed into a sedan, one option that oculd be taken is to get rid of the 6x9's completely. Leave the speakers hole empty to let all the bass flow in... LOL

2 sets of splits, mayb both into the front doors, 1 set in front and another in rear... who know's...

Krisi-G
14-05-2006, 05:57 PM
just checked it out ive got 6.5s at the rear and in the front so i might stick with arverson on that one thanks for the list Fr3aKi3