PDA

View Full Version : what lessons have been learnt? - posted in "site discussion" as requested by panda.

crystal
13-05-2006, 06:32 PM
wrongly posted.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 06:39 PM
my post was closed rather than moved in the usual manner...

Q_ball
13-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Waste of space this is!!

ProECU
13-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I disagree. Let the people decide.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43431

Q_ball
13-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Well put it this way, any major character in any situation will stir up some sort of conversation amongst others, either negative or positive.
Evan, you're one of the major tuners on this website and on others too, and you're well known for your work and comments.
Now mods are only human, they will tend to bitch as well.
Now, reason why i stand by the mods is because what was said occurred in the Mods Lounge, not publicly.
Mods have the rite to bitch about who they like, within their own space.
Now its only become an issue because the site was hacked into, thus releasing this information to everyone.
Had it not been exposed, then no one but the mods will know, hence, none of these threads and finger pointing would've occurred.
Now think about this, I'm sure you realise that more than jst mods will be bitchin about urself, James, and Dyno Dave....question is, are you goin to ask for justification from all these ppl??

ProECU
13-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Everyone should have READ ONLY access at the least to the mod forums to keep these bastards in check.

Q_ball
13-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Dont let it get to you mate!!
Being one of the best in your field is always going to stir up shiet amongst others.

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 07:01 PM
what's the use of read only ?
so that people like you will read it and post a new thread in the lounge/site discussion ?

you might aswell have full access to it if that's the case.

why don't you think about why people are bitching about you proECU..

panda[cRx]
13-05-2006, 07:01 PM
evan with the amount of complaints we have had from forum users regarding you i hardly believe you are one to have a go at me or any of the other mods

EuroDude
13-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Everyone should have READ ONLY access to the mod forums

Yeah that would break down the fence between mods and users, but then again, the mods really do need a private section to ask for advise regarding various issues. The problem is, who is moderating the mod section? ;)

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 07:05 PM
The problem is, who is moderating the mod section? ;)
the administrator.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 07:06 PM
how about someone actually answer my initial post and leave the bullshit to another thread

vtec_jet
13-05-2006, 07:06 PM
the mods want a private section .... they need it ... let them have it.. stop bitching ...get over it..

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 07:16 PM
how about someone actually answer my initial post and leave the bullshit to another thread
ok, regarding your initial post..

what do you want the moderators to say to you ?

"sorry proecu for bitching about you, we've learnt our lesson, we'll never do it again" ???

talking about others is a part of life.. if it's not gonna happen on the forums, it's gonna happen somewhere else, in real life, over the phone, chat programs.. taking it away from a forum isn't going to stop it.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 07:28 PM
there is site related discussion and then there is blatant mocking and poking fun... the latter doesnt belong and I want an official comment on it.

understand?

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 07:33 PM
pro ecu stop your bitching!!!!

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 07:33 PM
why don't you try to understand why they would be doing that..
what have you done, to deserve to be mocked and be made fun of..

Terry
13-05-2006, 07:38 PM
man here is free for you and mod need to spend their time and efford to monitor it.....u dont need to pay and still complain about it?

Zdster
13-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Everyone should have READ ONLY access at the least to the mod forums to keep these bastards in check.

While I have nothing against you ProECU, posting a remark like that is certainly antagonistic.

I, appreciate the fact that you have made a post and post a constructive potential solution, however the posts that appear in the seperate 'moderators' forum are there to keep the order of this site intact. It would be like the state government allowing the press into every meeting they have before they announce the budget.

At any rate, Wyn has posted comments in regards to this sites stance but I suggest if you have any more constructive criticism for you to post it so that as a site we can address those issues.

vtec_jet
13-05-2006, 07:40 PM
u noe i REALLY dun like Panda'z hair... gawdd terrible terrible..

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 08:39 PM
u noe i REALLY dun like Panda'z hair... gawdd terrible terrible..

i dont like brunos hair.... take the spam to the spam thread!!!

ProECU
13-05-2006, 08:52 PM
what have you done, to deserve to be mocked and be made fun of..

you should be asking what are others hiding behind the mocking...

I still want the mods to comment.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 08:58 PM
pro ecu stop your bitching!!!!

I know mentally you dont have the capacity to comprehend the issues at hand, so I'll ignore your childish comments.

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I know mentally you dont have the capacity to comprehend the issues at hand, so I'll ignore your childish comments.

ill take that into consideration the next time i have a look at my high IQ results.

your not goingto get your answer directly from the mods. the only answer you will get is the ones you see in the changes that get made to the site....

once again stop your bitching

jamchen
13-05-2006, 09:48 PM
u know you are actually been the one who acts childish but no us... its simple.. you don't like this site, then you are more than welcome to leave...
We OH members enjoy and appriciate the helps and knowledges we got from this site...and we BS(in chinese :D) you...

V8_Hero
13-05-2006, 09:49 PM
lol high IQ, what are we? in the 90s?
well if people were talking behind your back, i'm sure you would be pissed off and want an explanation
but can you mods see what you are doing
you are trying to shut him down
where are the explanations?
you guys are still hiding. Give the man the reason he wants.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 09:53 PM
well if people were talking behind your back, i'm sure you would be pissed off and want an explanation

The most intelligent response all night.

tRipitaka
13-05-2006, 09:57 PM
The most intelligent response all night.
so the most intelligent response is a response that agrees with you ?

obviously this is about a personal issue between you and john, so why bring it up on here ? solve ur personal issues privately.

yfin
13-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Excuse me if I am butting in - but what exactly is the issue? I saw you said you want an official response.

I think Wyn has said on the front page he is not going to be discussing the matters that were essentially meant to be "private" discussions. Isn't that the official response you are looking for?

If something has been said about you that you don't like perhaps PM the person who made the remark for an explanation. Asking for a public response isn't the right way to go about it IMO. See how you go - you might be able to sort it out.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:02 PM
what is good for the goose, is good for the gander...

and so while I am not permitted to voice a public opinion, the moderators have free reign to bitch about anyone they wish behind closed doors....

Thats commendable.

V8_Hero
13-05-2006, 10:07 PM
i wonder what the mods will do when the cliche dude releaseses the database
people won't be suing the hacker
but will be suing ozhonda
breach of T&C

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 10:09 PM

and so while I am not permitted to voice a public opinion, the moderators have free reign to bitch about anyone they wish behind closed doors....

Thats commendable.

You have free reign to bitch too. Its called pm. Others cant see it. Yet im sure you bitch in there. Think of the mods private area as a mass pm area. Everything from normalcy to bitching goes on there. Thats life.

PRO ECU get the **** over it. And once again stop your bitching

yfin
13-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Thats commendable.

I am hardly silencing you ProECU.

All I am suggesting is that you might be able to constructively discuss things "man to man" so to speak with the person(s) you have an issue with. You choose the approach you think is best - I personally would deal one on one. You might come away unhappy but at least that is something you can try.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I'll stop when I get a response from the mods that adequately answers my initial post

ok bitch?

V8_Hero
13-05-2006, 10:13 PM
people have a right to know if one of the mods is an asshat so then we can know in future to avoid them
that is why he is posting it in here

jamchen
13-05-2006, 10:13 PM

we all admit that we sometimes talk on someone's back.. but
then that will make u the only human being in this world who never talk on someone's back...;)

yfin
13-05-2006, 10:15 PM
i wonder what the mods will do when the cliche dude releaseses the database
people won't be suing the hacker
but will be suing ozhonda
breach of T&C

I hope you are joking as there is zero legal basis in what you have just said.

chartinael
13-05-2006, 10:17 PM

That has to be the most ridiculous thing ever. In the moderator section moderator talk moderating business, threads that need evaluation, guidelines that need to be followed, full contact details of moderators, discussion on certain user behavior and how to proceed etc pp. No regular user needs to have access to that.

And every forum has such section. And how is your read-only access going to keep "those" bastards" in check. Your language is very disrespectful and hence your suggestion not worth evaluating.

If you were on my site, you'd be tagged and watched closely.

kristin

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I am hardly silencing you ProECU.

All I am suggesting is that you might be able to constructively discuss things "man to man" so to speak with the person(s) you have an issue with. You choose the approach you think is best - I personally would deal one on one. You might come away unhappy but at least that is something you can try.

apologies, my response wasn't directed to you, excuse the confusion.

While we're on the topic, It's up to those individuals to come forth on such a discussion.
The issues stem deeper that the mods have you believe...but thats another story

V8_Hero
13-05-2006, 10:18 PM
we all admit that we sometimes talk on someone's back.. but
then that will make u the only human being in this world who never talk on someone's back...;)

when you talk behind someone's back this is called distrust
so that means the mod's don't trust us
why would we let such people moderate the forums if they will simply close your thread and then bitch on about that thread behind your back without you knowing.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:19 PM
If you were on my site, you'd be tagged and watched closely.

kristin

you're not too bright if you think things are different on this site, lol

chartinael
13-05-2006, 10:20 PM
you're not too bright if you think things are different on this site, lol

I certainly hope that things are done that way on this site. My level of intelligence has - btw - nothing to do with that.

kristin

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:22 PM
neither does your grammar

chartinael
13-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I speak about 10 different languages, how about you?

ProECU
13-05-2006, 10:26 PM
yeah, "about" 10 different languages, is that becuase you can only 1/2 speak english?

jamchen
13-05-2006, 10:28 PM
why would we let such people moderate the forums if they will simply close your thread and then bitch on about that thread behind your back without you knowing.

it only happens if u violate the T & C or non relevant topics. this is www.ozhonda.com, then why u want to bring something up which is not relevant. Even saying that, we have the loudge section where u can speak any off-topic, non-criticise topics, for me this is the website i enjoy the most, don't tell me u have no other distrusts happening to you, my suggestion, leave us alone and deal with ur real distrust problems...

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 10:29 PM

Are the mods spose to trust us???? I think that is ridiculous as i have only ever met one of the mods. That being for no more than hello and greeting. Thus still giving me no reason to trust this mod, but in turn giving him no reason to trust me (as we still do not know jack shit about each other). How can the mods trust us when they havent even personaly met most of us.

And how do the mods know your not Bitching behind their backs through PM.

And PROECU How would you know the Issues with the mods stem deeper than we believe. You are just making assumptions. Yes we have all had the chance to see whet they said in their MOD FORUM. Personally its shit we would have guessed anyways, Yes there was bitching (once again thats a part of life) all i seen in there was the job at hand being done. If you want to continue to stir shit i guide you to a site that is full of it.
>>>>>> www.ozhondasux.com <<<<<<

Zdster
13-05-2006, 10:32 PM
ProECU - while I have nothing personal against you, I think that as a mod. I should officially warn you. Not only are you being antagonistic (as I stated earlier), but you are being both rude and disrespectful to other members. I appreciate that you would like certain moderators to comment on things stated in the moderators forum, but Wyn, the forums administrator has clearly stated that he will not be discussing these issues. If you have a problem I suggest you PM Wyn for further discussion.

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah, "about" 10 different languages, is that becuase you can only 1/2 speak english?

once again >>>>>> www.ozhondasux.com <<<<<<
that site is full of racism and you are obviously showing your racist side. Go to the site in witch you belong

jamchen
13-05-2006, 10:38 PM

because we spend our valuable time on learn something which can help us to live better, have better job and such so we can laugh at ppl like u who only sits here and bitching about some rediculous and useless arguments... and envy for those who overtook u in a better car then start bitching again?

V8_Hero
13-05-2006, 10:46 PM
as i suggested on the other forum
i feel that the moderators should be re-assessed of their positions
and new moderators should be picked by the ozhonda community
im sure the community would make a wise choice
because luckily, the majority of ozhonda users ain't assholes

jamchen
13-05-2006, 10:49 PM
that's why the majority of ozhonda users don't hate current moderators :D
so yeah... we are lucky...

yfin
13-05-2006, 10:57 PM

A popularity contest isn't the way to go IMO. You could do worse - and end up with George W Bush and his gang.

Dxs
13-05-2006, 10:58 PM
imo.. ozhonda mod team is more of a social club, rather then a true unbias moderating team

i guess this leads to a more 'we are above the rest' mentality

I am just curious on how the mods are picked though..
for instance was panda elected a mod by all the members of this forum in a poll vs other people.. or was it just like, panda posts a lot and is up for the job. he seems ok.. so now he can be a mod?

yfin
13-05-2006, 11:06 PM
imo.. ozhonda mod team is more of a social club, rather then a true unbias moderating team

Baloney. I can count on 2 fingers the mods I have ever met personally. At least have some basis for what you are saying before you post your opinion.

chartinael
13-05-2006, 11:21 PM

I disagree, the moderators must not be picked by the majority of board users but by the site owner or/and administrator. The one who pays the bills is the one who gets to decide.

Kristin

PS. It does not affect me in any way, ProECU, when you belittle my ability to express myself in English. It only reflects on your character - and as far as I am concerned not in a positive manner.

Zdster
13-05-2006, 11:27 PM

Can you or one of the other members who have concerns with moderators please state what they are? Other than moving and/or locking threads and the occasional small incidents what greivances do you actually have?

j3z3z
13-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Can you or one of the other members who have concerns with moderators please state what they are? Other than moving and/or locking threads and the occasional small incidents what greivances do you actually have?

word!!!!

Dxs
13-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Baloney. I can count on 2 fingers the mods I have ever met personally. At least have some basis for what you are saying before you post your opinion.

it is a nation wide forum.. i doubt u could meet many of them
i do recall seeing a 'mod only meet' thread though.
And then there is the decision of allowing sperms to be a mod because he was quite socialable on this forum.. and that turned out well didnt it. I am saying people are chosen like a popularity contest rather then who would make a mod.
I know there are excepts ofcourse.

In the end though i am not all too fussed.. just thought i would share my take

ECU-MAN
13-05-2006, 11:37 PM
well Ill tell you what I have learnt from all this

there is alot more that I could be doing in my spare time than spending countless hours trying to make this place a better place. There are alot of genuine and decent people on this forum that deserve to benefit from the information found in this forum. But there also are alot of OH haters here as well and they do not deserve to be helped IMO. Stop coming to OH if you hate this site.

Being a moderator was quite simple and easy at 1st, but as the user base grew moderating seemed to become more complex and harder. As an example, you get a reported post as there is an offending thread, you delete it and make 50 users happy, but you piss off another 10 users because it was moderated. Your Dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

so anyway I learnt that there is much more better things I could be doing with my time than helping people that do not deserve it.

ProECU
13-05-2006, 11:38 PM
because we spend our valuable time on learn something which can help us to live better, have better job and such so we can laugh at ppl like u who only sits here and bitching about some rediculous and useless arguments... and envy for those who overtook u in a better car then start bitching again?

can I have that in engrish please?

ProECU
13-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Stop coming to OH if you hate this site.

Thats my plan, I just wanted you to know the dagger you lodged in my back has left a scar cuz.

It's a shame...

SiReal
13-05-2006, 11:46 PM
dude mate, no need for racism. Its not on and you know that. Lets try keep the peace.

jamchen
13-05-2006, 11:58 PM
can I have that in engrish please?

won't comment on that typical racism statement:p 呆子, ボケ, 仆街

if i offended anyone... mods u r more than welcome to delete my post :D

Zdster
14-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Thats my plan, I just wanted you to know the dagger you lodged in my back has left a scar cuz.

It's a shame...

Well I am upset that you feel that way. I think the majority of the mod team are more than happy to work out any of the issues that you have (if you would like to PM me please feel free to do so).

ProECU
14-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Last time I contacted a moderator, the discussions were twisted in a private mod forum (not mentioning any names.... Benjamin) and I was ridiculed/insulted....

no.., this time, the ball is in the mods court.

If those involved are genuinely concerned, they know where to find me.

j3z3z
14-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Last time I contacted a moderator, the discussions were twisted in a private mod forum (not mentioning any names.... Benjamin) and I was ridiculed/insulted....

guess once your a bitch your always a bitch... correct me if i am wrong pro-ecu
and maybe you might want to correct my gramma or engrish (i am a white boy proecu, and you are extremly racist)

V8_Hero
14-05-2006, 01:51 AM

OMFG
where have you been the last few weeks?
have you not read the shit in the other forum.
so that shit just doesn't exist?
so you just assume everyone lives happily ever after?
I'm sorry but i don't wnat to have to pull quotes from another forum.

chartinael
14-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Yes, everyone lives happily ever after ... everybody who enjoys OZhonda ... everybody else can go to OZhsux and live happily ever after over there.

kristin

Q_ball
14-05-2006, 02:54 AM
OMFG
where have you been the last few weeks?
have you not read the shit in the other forum.
so that shit just doesn't exist?
so you just assume everyone lives happily ever after?
I'm sorry but i don't wnat to have to pull quotes from another forum.
Mate, seriously, GROW THE FCUK UP, and stop posting on this thread!!
Both yourself and ProECU know that "bitching" can't and will never be stopped.
Just live with this fact of life.
If you are even 1/2 intelligent, you will know that 95% of the material that's on ozhondasux.com is BS and unreliable.
Please, I really don't see the point in this thread, and I've stated that back on page 1.

I really think that mods can close this. It has been clearly stated by the owner of this site, Wynode, that material from the ozhondasux website will not be discussed.

p.s. Evan, mate seriously, those comments directed towards Kristen weren't necessary at all! Don't say anything that will border on classing you as a "racist" person as this reflects exactly what ozhondasux.com was all about...immature, offensive, racist and simply unnecessary material.

yfin
14-05-2006, 04:31 AM

It's a shame...

It is a shame because some people actually read and value your posts. Putting aside the most recent transgression against chartinael (which was surprising and unnecessary) I thought you always had something sensible to say.

So regardless of what you think of certain people on this forum - you should stick around as there are people who value what you have to say.

You canīt please everyone all the time or be friends with everyone - that is what I have learned out of this. Here I was giving up valuable free time thinking I was "helping" when in actual fact at the first given opportunity for anonymous comment all I got was racist comments and bs claims about conspiracy and corruption.

The thing is, however, if the mods and members all quit the site the only person who succeeds is the hacker. So I am going to work twice as hard to make this site better.

Anyway - do what you think is best ProEcu - but dont think for one second people dont want to hear what you have to say on the technical side of things.

stoodamire
14-05-2006, 04:39 AM
didnt i see threads like Toe from some sort of thread, so only he could access it and no one else could bid for something so he'd get it?

isn't that abusing mod rights?

JasonGilholme
14-05-2006, 07:17 AM
its starting to sound like ozhondasux.com in here....

Also, how hard is it for someone to PM ProECU and make a statement?? It only take a few seconds...or doesn't anyone car about the people who use this forum??

Like someone said earlier in this thread, ProECU is a leader in his field.....why isn't anyone trying to make him stay apart of this community??? Doesn't anyone see the value of his knowledge??

I'd certainly want someone with his knowledge & understanding stayin around.

Jase

|N|
14-05-2006, 07:59 AM
to be honest. personally dun think there is/was anything wrong with this forum. i ve been member here for quite some time.. and i neva got in trouble with anything. no warning no ban no nothing. its a forum wth 9xxx member... without strick rules this is going to be a mess... look at ozhondasux. its just full of racial comment. i dun think thats needed anywhere. u dun just walk down the street and break some rules and saying taht the coppers r nazi. coz they tryin to keep the community in peace. enf said.

Zdster
14-05-2006, 10:09 AM

ProECU, you have my word that if you contact me through PM's and want our conversation to remain private then it will. I have no problems have a private conversation to discuss some of the issues that you have.

Like others have said, it would be a real shame to the community as a whole to see you leave. You have some valuable contributions and I think I speak for most when I say we would like you to stay.

ProECU
14-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Win or Ben, please confirm and ban the mofo!!

I'm not scared...if anything I wish I could ban him for life

jimmey james and craig are having a 3 some, and evan didnt get an invite

more like " soggy saos" and Evan gets the goodies.

I can't contribute to a forum anymore, where my knowledge will help promote such a site where the moderators poke fun at its contributing members and ultimately, help put $$$ in these guys pockets.

I'd like to thank Cliche for pointing all this out.

bennjamin
14-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I can't contribute to a forum anymore, where my knowledge will help promote such a site where the moderators poke fun at its contributing members and ultimately, help put $$$ in these guys pockets.

I'd like to thank Cliche for pointing all this out.

Send me a paycheck for ALL the hours ive put into this site freelance , all the thousands of posts and people helped out ~ let alone all the threats , shit and BS from its users... then i can agree with you. Evan , you have poked fun and sarcasm at ourselves too matey. Quote the entire conversations , instead of "buzzwords" to get a point across :)
You (amoungst alot of people!) have never been straightforward to deal with...it seems with anyone and everyone there is always some sort of drama or alternate motive and hint of hate or sarcasm in half the replies.
Im always welcoem to chat with u via PM or msn...as are any mods. But if need be , keep the discussion here in the proper place !
BTW id also liek to thank cliche for making me realise there is really no decent humans left on this earth. No matter how many hours you put into something and how many people you try to please ~ there will always be someone with a problem agaisnt you.

ProECU
14-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote the entire conversations , instead of "buzzwords" to get a point across :)

Thats hypocrytical coming from you big man!

In any event, this is going nowhere, so Big Brother, enjoy policing the housemates
I guess I'll never get a response to my initial question...Mods need to grow some balls and take accountability.

cya l8r

Q_ball
14-05-2006, 02:10 PM
**closed**

dc2dc2dc2
14-05-2006, 02:17 PM
ProECU has left the building.

CRXer
14-05-2006, 03:22 PM
cya l8r

What a shame.......is right!

ProECU,your right,you had the most good intentions in the threads i read,but dealt out the knowledge in a manner bordering on antagonism.'Bordering',i say because it was probably not your intention,but written without the accompanied facial expression can be easily perceived this way.This is what i detest about internet,sms,etc is the work involved in expressing ones self,i couldnt be ****** sometimes.It seems you were the first to break it down to the personal level on most occassions,they knew if the bait was thrown u would take it.They couldnt out smart u,so they broke u down another way.

Seems to be a common trait in humans,when intelligence fails,get personal,when personal attack fails,get violent.Lots of threads on the other site dribbled off in this fashion,gets boring very quickly.Now the whole site is just violence(net style i might add)

Have u really ever stopped for 1 sec & thought about others,especially people in authority such as mods,cops etc.If u want to stick your neck out to better yourself for the common good than your gonna cop a lot more,especially in Aus.Sounds like the direction your headed,by putting a competing product on the market,be prepared to take the knockers in your stride.

Your well educated,very knowledgable & if u could 'retune' the sarcasm a little,be pretty bloody hilarious as well.Dont let a petty flaw in your character be exposed to all the envious who will prey on it.

Your at a fork in the road man,dont go down the low path,its a longer way back to the top.Man up & throw a few apologies around,im damn sure u will get a few in return.No you shouldnt have to be the first,but it takes a lot of balls to do just that.

BTW id also liek to thank cliche for making me realise there is really no decent humans left on this earth. No matter how many hours you put into something and how many people you try to please ~ there will always be someone with a problem agaisnt you.

Dont lose faith man,it just proves how quickly the flies & other germs r attracted to the shit.We all know how a flock of sheep work,one of them had a go at u & all the rest bahhed along behind.Hey theres one in this thread right now..........

poid
14-05-2006, 06:08 PM
wow, people have been talking about you behind your back on the internet. That NEVER happens and the mods need to be held accountable for all that irrepairable damage they have done... [/sarcasm]

seriously, i think some people here need to grow up and think about their priorities in life!

The mod forum serves a very valid purpose, it allows the mod team to discuss issues and make decisions without putting their politically correct mod hats on as they must do in public. If the discussions were public, even just saying someone was out of order would be seen as taking sides etc and there would be a whole shitfight over nothing.

Have a look at the majority of threads in that forum, it was mods discussing their business. Nothing more, nothing sinister, no conspiracies to undermine certain users.

Yeh some users had comments made about them by the mods, but hey maybe...just maybe...they brought that on themselves by the way they acted on the forums? And guess what, those comments were made in private, they werent making derogatory comments about users in public.

Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame others because its convenient...

chartinael
14-05-2006, 07:01 PM
I agree, sarcasm is ever present and it does not seem that ProECU is free of that. Whatever people say in the mod forum was not for his eyes and as long as the moderators act appropriate in the user areas, I have no problem with them complaining about me and my behavior and maybe even making fun of me in general. If I ever got to read such post about me, I would contact the one making comments and tell him I am disappointed but would just mentally note what to think of such individual and keep all interaction to a minimum. What you are doing, Pro ECU, is trying to get somebody to publically apologize for something they shouldn't have to apologize for ... If you cannot handle any answer you might get to a question you pose, you ought to refrain from asking such question. The same applies to eaves-dropping. If you think you might not like the information you might received, don't eaves-drop.

kristin

Zilli
14-05-2006, 08:08 PM
plain and simple... human nature,people ARE going to be shitty if they see people tlaking about them, especially if it isnt in a savioury manner, or in a way that they dont like, or expect to be spoken about

BUT

look at the rest of the world....

as a leader in any position, or at any level in life, be it work, life whatever, you have your peers to turn too, you have a group of close friends to turn too where you can vent or throw ideas around to be helped with your decisions, if your a manager you go to your peers for ideas on how to do things or vent for ideas if one of your team members if giving you the shits, if you have the shits at work and need to speak to someone you go to friend, wife or sgnificant other

we are only human, its just ****ed up that some ****wit found it funny to make something private out there in the open for everyone to see, that was an area ONLY FOR MODS, IT IS THERE PLACE TO VENT AND ASK FOR HELP AND DISCUSS THINGS, we all need this sort of privacy or sanctity in life at some stage

no one likes to be talked about, but this is something that WAS required

about the kickbacks and discounts from traders, and all the financial stuff.... well i just have the shits with that because i want discounts too hehehe

i dunno, i think everyone just needs t build a bridge... if you dont like the platform on which the place is built, then you need to decide if you are going to leave and not come back... or continue...

DO VENT, DO TALK ABOUT IT, DO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION, and i dont think there should be ANY censoring of people opinions on this forum... but make a choice, and do what you need to do

wynode
14-05-2006, 11:49 PM
So sad reading this thread because I setup this site so that we can all share information and help each other out. By making a mess of what we have worked so hard to create you are just playing into the hands of the hacker.

The moderators' corner is going to be private and remain that way. Making it 'read only' is just going to complicate things even more. Moderators moderating users and users modertating moderators is just not going to work.

The moderators corner is there to discuss moderting and sure, we do talk about users. But don't for one second think that all we do is make threads to just bitch about other users. We're here to make this a better place for EVERYONE. It really is the 5% of people that ruin it for the other 95%. The site is free to join so if you don't like it you really don't have to stay here. That is entirely up to you.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, ProECU is a leader in his field.....why isn't anyone trying to make him stay apart of this community??? Doesn't anyone see the value of his knowledge??

We do see the value of his knowledge however this doesn't mean he can just say/do anything he wants. You only have to look at the fact that the major tuners on this board are fighting with each other to realise that if they can't control themselves then what do other users have to loook forward to?

As for your question Evan I don't know what would make you happy in regards to the comments made in the moderators corner, however making it read only is not an option.

wynode
14-05-2006, 11:56 PM
BTW dxs, the moderators aren't chosen based on a 'popularity' contest or people who are friends with the moderators. In fact I do my best to ensure that this isn't the case. Or else peolpe like tubby, |N|, Qball and all the many people I've met via Ozhonda would be moderators.

I've posted up how moderators are chosen so might want to do a search on that. I only met most of the moderators AFTER they became mods.

Calvo
15-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Ben mate, dont be disheartened ok.

U cant please everyone, no matter wat you do, its just a fact of life. Im not gonna repeat wat everyone else has said. I think it can be pretty much summed up as, if u dont like this place, then just go, no point bitching & moaning in an immature manner, coz no one will really take u serious, and ur just makin an ass of yourself. If u want to seriously "make a difference" or wateva, im sure ur quite capable of creating a more mature thread.

Keep up the good work Wyn & ALL Mods on OH, dont let the minority dishearten u.

Cheers,
Calvin

Andys
23-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm glad to see some open discussion on the issues.

I personally don't believe ozhonda had a "security" issue. No site has perfect security, Something had to happen to make someone as angry as that.

I don't condone the actions of the hackers of course, but if all that came out of this was upgraded forum software, and no changes to moderators and/or their procedures, then I (along with some other Honda owners I know) will continue to frequent other motoring sites and only visit this one occasionally.

- Andrew

wynode
23-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm glad to see some open discussion on the issues.

I personally don't believe ozhonda had a "security" issue. No site has perfect security, Something had to happen to make someone as angry as that.

I don't condone the actions of the hackers of course, but if all that came out of this was upgraded forum software, and no changes to moderators and/or their procedures, then I (along with some other Honda owners I know) will continue to frequent other motoring sites and only visit this one occasionally.

- Andrew

Thanks for the comments.

The thing is regardless of how nice we are there will always be a minority that isn't happy. But we do our best.

In regards to the security upgrading the forum was the first thing along with removing any other 'hacks' that could be security vulnerabilities. At the time I didn't know the extent of the 'hacking' and how the hacker got access to all the information. Now I do and have taken steps to reduce the chance of it happening again.

Trust me there will always be people angry. There have been people angry about things long before the membere base grew this large and issues were brought up.

In regards to the changes to be made, moderator access has been severely cut down in regards to who can ban users.

If I didn't work full time things would have been sorted out a lot quicker. But i'm also in the process of training up other mods to take over when i'm not online.

As said, new registrations have been disabled so we can focus more on making this a better place and I just hope other users don't think that moderators talk behind members backs in the moderators forum. That is not why it is there. It is there to discuss moderating and for mods to follow guidelines.

I hope that clears up any questions you might have. If anyone has more questions feel free to post them up.

barefootbonzai
24-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I think the mods are doing a decent job, so keep up the good work boys. Like it or not things need to be this way. It's fairly plain and simple to work out what this forum would be like if mods weren't doin there job. Ozhonda would turn out like ozhondasux. And now that was some gay shit.

DreadAngel
24-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Damn man, let Ozhonda be, I love it the way it is, whatever the Admins and Mods do, its their business, they're doing the best they can and we as members should support them not poke them here and there, show some love ppl, love for OH lol