PDA

View Full Version : need help! AHHH

PopadocD15B4
13-05-2006, 09:11 PM
hey guys how ya doin

i currently own a twin carb d15b4 ed GL (EG chassis) i need to convert it to fuel injection is there any good guides/books on how to do this cuase im losin it!! lol

thanks or all ya help pplz!!

cheers

popadoc

Slow96GSR
14-05-2006, 03:42 AM
I myself have never done this to a honda, but I have done it with Chevys, Dodges and Fords, but here is a list of what comes to mind that you would need.

Intake manifold, throttle body, injectors, wires for injectors, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, hoses, ecu, harness, sensors, and about $2-3k USD to do it, not including labor. That is an rough estimate and only what comes to mind right now. I'll ask around and see if anyone here has done it. Might even be a kit I don't know about.

Xplodin
14-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Dude the best thing to probly do is an engine swap. Just get a half cut and bang you have PFI.

z3lda
14-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Dude the best thing to probly do is an engine swap. Just get a half cut and bang you have PFI.

dont post what u dont know.

not as easi as just get a half cut. what about fuel tank? fuel lines? :rolleyes:

iamhappy46
14-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I have done this swap into a 1990 ED Civic.

Are you sure it is a EG shape Civic?

Get a EG EFI fuel tank if you really do have an EG or if you got an ED, get a D16a8 EFI fuel tank. There are other ways of doing the swap though.

Send me a PM if ya need any specifics.